BB.com Misc Refugee Thread

Freeburn

Silver Squire
To be honest, I'm starting to see why some miscers ended up not feeling like making the move here based just on this thread. I'm still not motivated to go look at the other "new forums" that were made to replace it, as those seem riddled with their own issues. However, this thread has quickly devolved into a circle session between about half a dozen former miscers, and the exact same things get talked about all the time. Real exciting stuff to check out on the daily.
This is a chat thread

It was never going to replace an entire forum. Many miscers weren't interested in this place because of that.

And with chat threads, sometimes mafuckas be talking bout some boring shit you don't care about lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cleveland

<Silver Donator>
Phillies bullpen is shit, none of the big money dudes showed up Harper turner etc
I would just like to point out, again, that the Guardians haven't scored a run in 21 innings

that's insane especially - how often does a team get shut out in back to back games let alone in the playoffs?

this calls for:

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cleveland

<Silver Donator>
Not sure if you noticed, but there is a whole forum outside of this singular thread that you can participate in.
this.

The baseball thread is actually really good - they all seem funny and rib on each others' teams without being dicks about it

And the movie and tv show threads are good too

Plus R rectifryer has the epic penus rating thread and I imagine SirFapsAlot SirFapsAlot will remake his epic dookie thread

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

northernlights7

Buzzfeed Editor
Not sure if you noticed, but there is a whole forum outside of this singular thread that you can participate in.

This is a chat thread

It was never going to replace an entire forum. Many miscers weren't interested in this place because of that.

And with chat threads, sometimes mafuckas be talking bout some boring shit you don't care about lol

this.

The baseball thread is actually really good - they all seem funny and rib on each others' teams without being dicks about it

And the movie and tv show threads are good too

Plus R rectifryer has the epic penus rating thread and I imagine SirFapsAlot SirFapsAlot will remake his epic dookie thread

You boomers are totally missing my point, go figure. Peace out.

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

Freeburn

Silver Squire
You boomers are totally missing my point, go figure. Peace out.
"peace out" bye then? You're done posting here because sometimes the conversation is boring lol? I mean I understand completely, there are days I just don't post much. But I'm also on new misc where I am posting more.

Not really sure what your point is since we are apparently all missing it. Like I said this is just a chat thread and people are just chatting about whatever. This is the misc thread, not sure who you think would be in here other than the few miscers who came here. A few foh homies are chillin in here too, without them it would be a very slow thread. Not many miscers ended up here.

• 2Like

Cleveland

<Silver Donator>
before I go venture off to the video game sub area - and partially cause it is fragmented and I am not sure where this would fall - does anyone here know anything about mobile emulators?

I am looking to get one that can store and play about a dozen or so NES and a handful of SNES games and that's it - nothing major and no need for toggle sticks - in fact I would prefer not to have them so I can slip it in my pocket easier.

so I think the Anbernic RG35 or RG28 (I think I prefer the landscape orientation of the 28) but honestly I don't know what kind of memory requirements or how difficult this will be to set up

are the ones they sell on Amazon with the model number but don't say Anbernic legit or knockoffs? Keep seeing those on Amazon come with preloaded games - do not want that

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
before I go venture off to the video game sub area - and partially cause it is fragmented and I am not sure where this would fall - does anyone here know anything about mobile emulators?

I am looking to get one that can store and play about a dozen or so NES and a handful of SNES games and that's it - nothing major and no need for toggle sticks - in fact I would prefer not to have them so I can slip it in my pocket easier.

so I think the Anbernic RG35 or RG28 (I think I prefer the landscape orientation of the 28) but honestly I don't know what kind of memory requirements or how difficult this will be to set up

are the ones they sell on Amazon with the model number but don't say Anbernic legit or knockoffs? Keep seeing those on Amazon come with preloaded games - do not want that
we have a dude or 2 that does that stuff

are you talking about this?
5ac6ac9a086767ecb088731b1bf9a517.png

(i have that other firefox window pulled up to hide my name obviously)
Anbernic RG35XX Handheld Game Console Retro Games Consoles with 3.5 Inch IPS Screen 64G TF Card 5474 Classic Games 2100mAh Battery Support Linux and Garlic Dual Stylem, HDMI and TV Output White

no i'd say that is very sus
the Brand:LKOHJF is lulz, so that means whoever is selling it (look at sold by)
pingwumaoyi is just grabbing the selling link from other 3rd parties that are offloading it

i mean, sure it most likely is just some 3rd party china guy reselling it, but i wouldn't trust it, i buy a lot from amazon and 3rd party selling you get like zero amazon protections

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
here is how you want to buy anything from amazon
efc23e00b463a878c16725e22f252eee.png

the brand/store link is the actual company name (but is only half)
ships from
sold by
customer service
all says amazon dot com
this is how you have protection and you can return almost anything

• 2Like

Cleveland

<Silver Donator>
here is how you want to buy anything from amazon
efc23e00b463a878c16725e22f252eee.png

the brand/store link is the actual company name (but is only half)
ships from
sold by
customer service
all says amazon dot com
this is how you have protection and you can return almost anything
thanks yeah I realized that - once I saw that they came preloaded I noped out on that.

I will probably order directly from China from Anbernic as their models coming out of China are already updated to Linux 64 bit.

But I don't know anything about them and their site is a little weird - just looking to confirm that 64gb is all I would need and how difficult these things are to set up and if there is a better brand/option out there

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
thanks yeah I realized that - once I saw that they came preloaded I noped out on that.

I will probably order directly from China from Anbernic as their models coming out of China are already updated to Linux 64 bit.

But I don't know anything about them and their site is a little weird - just looking to confirm that 64gb is all I would need and how difficult these things are to set up and if there is a better brand/option out there
yea buying "sus" electronics from china is at your own risk, your best bet is to find a reddit forum and ask who has bought what from which exact site, effectively finding the guinni pig

like a friend wanted a mig switch (the new 1:1 mod cart), and he said this expecting me to help... well 2 "distributors" from aliexpress didn't pan out, aliexpress actually takes care of the customer first, (cuz they have millions wanting to sell, aquiring loyal customers is the goal), so two refunds. then i went to 1 us distributor, closed up shop, had to file cc report, i did finally get 1, but it was a 6month ordeal.

• 1Like

Anachron

Golden Knight of the Realm
we have a dude or 2 that does that stuff

are you talking about this?
5ac6ac9a086767ecb088731b1bf9a517.png

(i have that other firefox window pulled up to hide my name obviously)
Anbernic RG35XX Handheld Game Console Retro Games Consoles with 3.5 Inch IPS Screen 64G TF Card 5474 Classic Games 2100mAh Battery Support Linux and Garlic Dual Stylem, HDMI and TV Output White

no i'd say that is very sus
the Brand:LKOHJF is lulz, so that means whoever is selling it (look at sold by)
pingwumaoyi is just grabbing the selling link from other 3rd parties that are offloading it

i mean, sure it most likely is just some 3rd party china guy reselling it, but i wouldn't trust it, i buy a lot from amazon and 3rd party selling you get like zero amazon protections
Wow, that's $80?

That's like $40 off taobao...

• 1Like

Cleveland

<Silver Donator>
yea buying "sus" electronics from china is at your own risk, your best bet is to find a reddit forum and ask who has bought what from which exact site, effectively finding the guinni pig

like a friend wanted a mig switch (the new 1:1 mod cart), and he said this expecting me to help... well 2 "distributors" from aliexpress didn't pan out, aliexpress actually takes care of the customer first, (cuz they have millions wanting to sell, aquiring loyal customers is the goal), so two refunds. then i went to 1 us distributor, closed up shop, had to file cc report, i did finally get 1, but it was a 6month ordeal.
so this company does have good reviews online - just thought i would see if anyone here has direct experience. They're all made in China but when you buy direct from there you have the option of where it ships from - China direct or a US or Euro distributor. They have a note up that their models went to Linux 64 bit but those already at distribution will not be updated - that makes sense - so I was just going to skip that step and order from China for the already updated model

there is a reddit for Anbernic; r/anbernic - the company seems legit, those on Amazon do not - at least not those I have seen so far. Could also just be people buying them and then upcharging for the game installation since they are charging more than buying direct
this is their site

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so this company does have good reviews online - just thought i would see if anyone here has direct experience. They're all made in China but when you buy direct from there you have the option of where it ships from - China direct or a US or Euro distributor. They have a note up that their models went to Linux 64 bit but those already at distribution will not be updated - that makes sense - so I was just going to skip that step and order from China for the already updated model

there is a reddit for Anbernic; r/anbernic - the company seems legit, those on Amazon do not - at least not those I have seen so far. Could also just be people buying them and then upcharging for the game installation since they are charging more than buying direct
this is their site
everything was easier when we had actually store fronts, my first chinese bootlet was from chinatown
189729acc5a5dc11956d3567a8c860bd.png

i think mine was 82 in 1, eh half the games were junk

• 1Like

Cleveland

<Silver Donator>
everything was easier when we had actually store fronts, my first chinese bootlet was from chinatown
189729acc5a5dc11956d3567a8c860bd.png

i think mine was 82 in 1, eh half the games were junk
It's not a bootleg though - that's why I dont' want preinstalled games - if I understand it correctly, and that is why I was asking if anyone had experience, is that they come bare and I will have to download an emulator and the individual ROMs

edit: seems the emulators come installed, just need to add games to an SD card

Last edited:
  • 1Like

northernlights7

Buzzfeed Editor

Like I already told you, if you weren't so dense (you're dense because you always judge me based on how you feel about me from some ridiculous past misc beef rather than based on what I actually say), stop wasting your time with video game emulators and just get Nintendo Online to get easy access to a plethora of NES/SNES/n64/Gameboy/Gameboy advance games via streaming. I can attest that playing the games that way definitely beats playing thsm on the oldschool hardware or messing with emulators.

Since you just got done making half a dozen posts explaining how you're too cool to spend 60 - 90 minutes a week on lawn care so you hire it done by someone else, the $70 or a yearly Nintnedo Online subscription would cost shouldn't be too big of a deal. Playing aroune with emulators is for people stuck in the year 2010 and people who like to go camping in the middle of nowhere without internet connections so they can play video games.

You're welcome.

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Oh, I know, man. Though to me it sounds like your father was being a cheapass to a self-destructive level on some end. I mean, too cheap to use proper fence posts, so make the kid go cut some wood from trees? Too cheap to buy a riding mower with a massive yard, so have the kid spend 8 - 12 hours a week mowing it instead? Sounds stuck in the early 1900's just for the sake of it, even if that went down in the 70's or whatever.

Anyway though, if you read my other posts on the subject, you'll notice that what I was saying there wasn't just a blanket statement or whatever. It was a small olive branch that was intended for the lazy posters itt who were talking about how they lived in condos and hired out professional lawnmowing services strictly because they're too lazy to spend 90 minutes a week tending to their otherwise residential city sized lots.

My post wasn't a criticism or anything, I was just rambling on the topic

• 1Like

Freeburn

Silver Squire
That was me talking about how I'd rather pay a service than now my own lawn

Really it comes down to the fact that I have alot more money than I do free time.

• 1Like