BB.com Misc Refugee Thread

The Mongler

Blackwing Lair Raider
I avoided all of havoc's trash wildebeest threads back on the misc but sadly can't do that here. It's like every page now there's some unholy pic making me feel to stab my eyes out. Brb figuring out the block feature when I get on my computer srs.
The block here is amazing tbh. It's like the person doesn't exist. Any post of theirs + any reply to them doesn't show up at all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The Mongler

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yep, I'm 40 and I'm just baffled at the stupidity of society (not to mention the degeneracy, hedonism, vapid consumerism, inability to engage in critical thinking/go beyond first order thinking, etc)...the problem is you have plenty as old as us, or even much older, that are just as stupid and braindead as your average broccoli head zoomer.
I remember thinking to myself when I was younger that I'd never be that guy but fucking hell. Turns out the slippery slope is real and all those curmudgeons were right

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sinistkir13

Golden Knight of the Realm
I can't believe you still can't get logged in.

Yeah Derplington is a total fag.

Lmao, I saw that Hindenburgh Research report the other day and thought of MOL, too.
I finally got in, but the trick was I had to manually reset the password. I didn't want to trip the spam filter on the off chance since I was never able to log in to begin with, but I figured it was worth a shot since trying to login with the same info would be worse/dumber.

Holy shitballs, someone resurrected bb.com misc with history. He archived the old database somehow. Right now he has a few years worth of history up, and said he is in process of restoring the rest of the history. See this thread:

This is the link to bb.com misc with partial history so far:

This thread explains what he is doing:

friends-i-knew-it.gif

Man, I was researching something nutrition/fitness related only a few weeks ago using the forum filter on Google search and, sure enough, a bb.com forum post showed up with some of the original text in the body, but it redirected to their retarded message.
Would be cool if he can get all of the other meaningful forum data as well. So much workout/nutrition info lost, let alone people's journals.

All the legit health and fitness stuff is probably way more important than the shitposting we did on misc. It would be worthwhile as an archive especially without all the legit spam or the 100s of threads started asking questions that no one ever responded to.
Agreed, especially with the above example. There aren't a ton of forums with random weightlifting or supplement information and reviews out there, and trying to navigate reddit makes me want to strangle that goddamn robot mascot.
Any of you mid 30s dudes start realizing you're becoming a fuking grouch at that age? Lmao I swear my tolerance for people acting goofy and doing corny ghey chit is so low now.
If I was a teenager living through today, I would have told them to pump the brakes on cancer treatment and just buy me some hookers and a lethal dosage of cocaine.

Come to think of it, some of these days that proposition is still awful tempting.

• 3Like

AKD123

before the misc - I was on the workout equipment sub all the time - I have several legitimate IRL friends I made there.

actually I should tell you guys some stories of that crew - buying and flipping gym equipment got to be big $$$ 10-15 years ago and a bunch of us had a reputation for being a "gang" and basically getting the best deals and not sharing info or leads with outsiders (which is 100% true we totally did and didn't)

One quick one - so one of the guys was big in collecting Benchmark knives - he had some collector's edition, which was just a limited run handle color, and they go for more money than the standard version of that knife. Got into some argument over it with someone on Facebook that ended with that guy, referencing my friend's Facebook profile pic which was him and his daughter, calling his daughter a cunt. That didn't sit well. So he posted a screenshot in our closed Facebook group and said any of you guys bored and wanna fuck with this dude? Well three of us were that day and within two hours I found what church he went to and someone else had taken that info and found the church directory online that had his phone number listed. The third then took one of his burner emails and created a Craigslist post trying to rehome a capuchin monkey - because as he said, a lot of people want a free capuchin monkey. But a lot more people are self-righteous and wanna tell you that you shouldn't have a capuchin monkey as a pet. So yeah that guy got flooded with calls and texts - he was pleading with the burner email to take the ad down and he was toying with him telling him it was typo and he was working on fixing it, said it was fixed, thought he fixed it, etc. Took three days and the guy finally changed his phone number.
You sure you didn't mean Benchmade? This is a $450 OTF
20241012_184010.jpg

• 3Like

SirFapsAlot

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any of you mid 30s dudes start realizing you're becoming a fuking grouch at that age? Lmao I swear my tolerance for people acting goofy and doing corny ghey chit is so low now.

30s? Boy do I have some news for you, LOL:

It gets worse

Just wait til you're mid 50's!

Animated GIF

lol jk. I'm usually not grouchy

Yep, I'm 40 and I'm just baffled at the stupidity of society (not to mention the degeneracy, hedonism, vapid consumerism, inability to engage in critical thinking/go beyond first order thinking, etc)...the problem is you have plenty as old as us, or even much older, that are just as stupid and braindead as your average broccoli head zoomer.

Yes you think it would get better as you get older BUT IT DOES NOT.

In my teens and early twenties I asked myself "how do a handful of people run the world?"

Now that I am 40 I understand how a handful of people run the world: most are lazy and stupid.

Covid showed us that people are happy to give those in charge more power in exchange for less responsibility for their own lives.

A lot of people think that freedom is a burden.

I remember thinking to myself when I was younger that I'd never be that guy but fucking hell. Turns out the slippery slope is real and all those curmudgeons were right

If I was a teenager living through today, I would have told them to pump the brakes on cancer treatment and just buy me some hookers and a lethal dosage of cocaine.

Come to think of it, some of these days that proposition is still awful tempting.

Vigilant and routine fapping keeps you young. I still get mistaken for being in my early 20s. It's not a coincidence. I have the mind of a wise elder, the body and image of a youngster and a huge dong. I AM UNSTOPPABLE.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

AKD123

Vigilant and routine fapping keeps you young. I still get mistaken for being in my early 20s. It's not a coincidence. I have the mind of a wise elder, the body and image of a youngster and a huge dong. I AM UNSTOPPABLE.
user name checks out

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity