BB.com Misc Refugee Thread

Polaris

Lord Nagafen Raider
lol I'm with you

I'd take it a step further - even if he was doing something legitimate, I'm not motivated by money enough to work hard enough to try and be rich
I highly value peace of mind, so that's the only reason I'd like a bunch of money (well that and the freedom of being financially independent). Otherwise, I don't care about fancy shit and am very easily content when it comes to material stuff.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Tai Lopez basically sank all the companies he ended up buying and then facing lawsuits from investors, basically gave those companies to investors to get from under the debt. My guess is that once the investors got a hold of and look at bb.com, they quickly made the decision to get rid of the forums. I also think the reason that bb.com's forums went to shit is because of Tai himself not giving a fuk about them. I watched a video about him earlier being back to his scheming / scamming old ways with new 'Mastermind' courses that will only cost you a shit load of money for the same lines of bull shit you've seen and heard over and over, even for free, on the internet.

Actually here's the video:

a youtuber bought bb?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BunkyChutt

Poet Warrior
068D02C6-73B7-4E67-8412-12830D1E55D5.jpeg
5C7087A3-5BF5-4E64-AAA6-0CE28729393B.jpeg

This was a solid match where hulk hogan straight up let Abdullah the butcher cut him open

• 3Like

SirFapsAlot

Lord Nagafen Raider
a youtuber bought bb?
I'd describe him as a scammer, but yes lol, he also bought Modell's and some other companies, I don't remember the full list. But it all makes sense why the forums are no longer around, not that it matters because they had gone to shit by the time he even bought BodyBuilding.com - once Deluca, the original owner moved on, the site was on borrowed time.

• 4Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'd describe him as a scammer, but yes lol, he also bought Modell's and some other companies, I don't remember the full list. But it all makes sense why the forums are no longer around, not that it matters because they had gone to shit by the time he even bought BodyBuilding.com - once Deluca, the original owner moved on, the site was on borrowed time.
Wow holy shit I remember modells bought my first dumbbell handles and plates in a box from em

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
I'll take a slow burn forum like this over the 10,000 spammer forum misc turned into any day. Moderation here does its job. Doesn't ignore the burning house to play whack a mole in the garden.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

gwg77

Blackwing Lair Raider

Modell's was great back in the day. Got my first baseball glove from Mo's. Also got my first fishing rod and reel from Mo's.

• 4Like

SirFapsAlot

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't think you can - I think they like to make you wallow in your mistakes
brootal

even broken bb.com allowed you to delete within a certain amount of time, i would not have remembered that fact if nonlegs916 didn't delete so many backfire threads

• 2Like
  • 1Double Worf

Freeburn

Silver Squire
Just spent 500 dollars on wheels for my electric skateboard fml I need cheaper hobbies. It's 2 sets of wheels tho not a single 500 dollar set lol

Wow holy shit I remember modells bought my first dumbbell handles and plates in a box from em
When i was 18 i worked for modells as a department head and part of their startup/super team and we went around to new locations to get them opened and I got to go to any store that won something big to help with merch. I met a bunch of the Phillies when they won the world series in 08 and got to work in the downtown Philly store. I was often gifted sports tickets as a favor too, got to see the devils vs flyers front row a couple times.

Honestly I loved working there and as an 18-19 year old they gave me a ton of opportunity and responsibility.

I will forever have nothing but great things to say about modells sporting goods.

Except the pay sucked lol. I left there to go push carts at Costco and made literally twice as much to jack off in the parking of all day

• 4Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Just spent 500 dollars on wheels for my electric skateboard fml I need cheaper hobbies. It's 2 sets of wheels tho not a single 500 dollar set lol

When i was 18 i worked for modells as a department head and part of their startup/super team and we went around to new locations to get them opened and I got to go to any store that won something big to help with merch. I met a bunch of the Phillies when they won the world series in 08 and got to work in the downtown Philly store. I was often gifted sports tickets as a favor too, got to see the devils vs flyers front row a couple times.

Honestly I loved working there and as an 18-19 year old they gave me a ton of opportunity and responsibility.

I will forever have nothing but great things to say about modells sporting goods.

Except the pay sucked lol. I left there to go push carts at Costco and made literally twice as much to jack off in the parking of all day
costco parking lot is the worse place i been to where bitches will drive around trying to find a free spot, when they can just easily park 5 or 10 spots away, literally extra 30s

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Furry

🌭🍔🇺🇦✌️SLAVA UKRAINI!✌️🇺🇦🍔🌭
<Gold Donor>
brootal

even broken bb.com allowed you to delete within a certain amount of time, i would not have remembered that fact if nonlegs916 didn't delete so many backfire threads
You can edit posts for a while, unless its the retard rickshaw. Double check and get it right the first time. When someone wants to redact a post you'll usually see it turn to a single '.'

• 3Like

northernlights7

Trakanon Raider
brootal

For a very long time, posters on the misc had 48 hours to edit or delete posts. If someone wanted to change a post beyond that time frame, that were out of luck. Then around 2019 or so, the admins there decided to lift all restrictions of time limits to delete or edit posts, meaning users could then go back and delete potentially any post they had ever made, unless it was a post stuck in a locked thread. Pretty sure they did that because they were tired of people begging them to let them delete old posts over the years, so they enabled them to delete individually whenever, even if that was an extremely inefficient way of deleting posts.

Then there was the mass post deletion script that someone made to streamline mass post deletion rather than taking the time to individually delete them by hand, which took an eternity to try doing it that way. Then certain users like monsterpeed0ultra would run the mass deletion script once every month or two to wipe out anywhere from 500-ish to 2k-ish posts at a time

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Masakari

Which way, western man?
<Gold Donor>
For a very long time, posters on the misc had 48 hours to edit or delete posts. If someone wanted to change a post beyond that time frame, that were out of luck. Then around 2019 or so, the admins there decided to lift all restrictions of time limits to delete or edit posts, meaning users could then go back and delete potentially any post they had ever made, unless it was a post stuck in a locked thread. Pretty sure they did that because they were tired of people begging them to let them delete old posts over the years, so they enabled them to delete individually whenever, even if that was an extremely inefficient way of deleting posts.

Then there was the mass post deletion script that someone made to streamline mass post deletion rather than taking the time to individually delete them by hand, which took an eternity to try doing it that way. Then certain users like monsterpeed0ultra would run the mass deletion script once every month or two to wipe out anywhere from 500-ish to 2k-ish posts at a time

I tweaked the script using ChatGPT and got that thing running like a ferrari. Unfortunately a lot of threads were locked and those posts were unremoveable.

• 2Like

Furry

🌭🍔🇺🇦✌️SLAVA UKRAINI!✌️🇺🇦🍔🌭
<Gold Donor>
We had a compromise method for a while where people could delete their accounts permanently if they wanted their posts to go away. That's why youll sometimes see a_skeleton_x posts or whatever. While not officially allowed any more, I'm sure amod would consider a sufficiently valid reason that was something more than "I regret my drunk posts and everyone making fun of me REEEEEE" to add you to the pile of forum corpses.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like