BB.com Misc Refugee Thread

Legz422

Peasant
Miscers still don't understand the deadpan humor of FoH.
Trailer Park Boys is funny AF! Remember when we used to have those threads on misc about famous people we thought were miscers? I still swear someone from It's Always Sunny is a miscer. Maybe Rob McElhenney.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
Why the hell would they have a discount like this. Makes no sense. I worked at a competitor ages ago and the discount was you could buy things at cost. So you got pretty much nothing off tvs, but things like monster cables you could buy a 150$ cable for 6$. Some people would buy up the cables and then go return them at best buy for credit.

I didn't feel bad about it. It never would have been possible without best buy and others scamming customers to begin with.

This was before Amazon and really before Walmart was everywhere. Best Buy had like a 100 percent mark up on high end home theater and car audio. I bought a digital projector, home theater amplifier, tower speakers, 15" powered subwoofer for my house, 12 disc cd changer and amps and speakers for my car. TVs and computers, washing machines and shit were the only thing you couldn't get a big discount on.

And yeah those cables were a shit show I couldn't believe the mark up on that crap. Amazon really killed that cash cow.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

havoc00

Blackwing Lair Raider
I started Goff this weekend over Rodgers, and he killed it.

But the rest of my team is shit. Jamar Chase is a bum. Hill had a bye week, and I have no running backs.

Yanks up, bigly :emoji_thumbsup:
The bengals are frustrating as fuck to watch and that’s form someone who isn’t a bengals fan

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Mulloway

Silver Knight of the Realm
Has anyone ever taken like an easy part time job just to kill some time? Or for like a hobby interest?

I have a good full time job, mostly work from home, don't need a second job at all, very happy with my career...

But I found a semi local electric skate shop, and went to check it out yesterday. Got into a conversation with the owner/manager. It's a small business they opened up a few years ago.

Basically long story short, I was offered an opportunity to go work there part time a couple nights per week and on Sundays. Like 6-10 or 11 on weekdays, no Saturday, 12-5 Sundays. We spoke for about 40 minutes which essentially I think was us interviewing eachother also.

Pay is low, 16/hr, but I'd get discounts, I'd learn how to fix and build electric skateboards, scooters, one wheels, basically electric toys. I'd also get to play with alot of cool stuff I otherwise would not. I can test products before buying, etc

I am considering it for the winter, I'm usually pretty dormant and ain't doing shit anyways.

It seems like a really chill environment, everyone there is about my age and all are just chill bros who are into electric stuff.

I'm considering it but idk is it really even worth to do purely out of interest in the hobby
I like the idea and have thought about it many times. Have had two jobs before for extra income but most jobs I have had including current there is plenty of overtime. Hard to dedicate extra time to something like this when I feel like I dont have enough already and could make bank at my current job as a second job in Australia is automatically taxed at 50% afaik.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Polaris

Lord Nagafen Raider
This was before Amazon and really before Walmart was everywhere. Best Buy had like a 100 percent mark up on high end home theater and car audio. I bought a digital projector, home theater amplifier, tower speakers, 15" powered subwoofer for my house, 12 disc cd changer and amps and speakers for my car. TVs and computers, washing machines and shit were the only thing you couldn't get a big discount on.

And yeah those cables were a shit show I couldn't believe the mark up on that crap. Amazon really killed that cash cow.
I had an ex with some big screen TV that she said she paid 4K for. You could probably get something just as good for like a couple (or maybe a few IDK, I'm not a TV person) hundred dollars now. It was absurd.

• 1Like

Cleveland

<Silver Donator>
I had an ex with some big screen TV that she said she paid 4K for. You could probably get something just as good for like a couple (or maybe a few IDK, I'm not a TV person) hundred dollars now. It was absurd.
yeah it's insane what people are getting now. 85" screens that have to be delivered cause they won't fit in your car. Wife keeps trying to buy a 65" but my place just isn't big enough to warrant that. I don't think it will even look good. Plus I can't that 4k look when I am in the store, not sure what it is about it.

• 1Like

rectifryer

Molten Core Raider
yeah it's insane what people are getting now. 85" screens that have to be delivered cause they won't fit in your car. Wife keeps trying to buy a 65" but my place just isn't big enough to warrant that. I don't think it will even look good. Plus I can't that 4k look when I am in the store, not sure what it is about it.
To see 4k you really need a huge ass tv.

But nothing is in true 4k. NOTHING except blu-ray or video games. Streaming is complete bullshit, a scam. We really regressed when everyone moved to streaming platforms. Now everything is hazy and the resolution is constantly changing. Color depth is shit, sound compression is constantly changing. I fucking hate it.

UHD blu-rays are still $30+ damn dollars nearly 20 years after release. I have a 4k TV simply for video games, and even then the resolution is dynamic in many ways. 4k has been huge problem and I fucking laugh at idiots pining for 8k.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cleveland

<Silver Donator>
To see 4k you really need a huge ass tv.

But nothing is in true 4k. NOTHING except blu-ray or video games. Streaming is complete bullshit, a scam. We really regressed when everyone moved to streaming platforms. Now everything is hazy and the resolution is constantly changing. Color depth is shit, sound compression is constantly changing. I fucking hate it.

UHD blu-rays are still $30+ damn dollars nearly 20 years after release. I have a 4k TV simply for video games, and even then the resolution is dynamic in many ways. 4k has been huge problem and I fucking laugh at idiots pining for 8k.
I look at the huge 4k tvs at the store - it's off putting

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wife keeps trying to buy a 65" but my place just isn't big enough to warrant that. I don't think it will even look good.
what kind of pussy shit is this?

you don't buy a tv to fit your place, you buy as big a tv as you can afford and if youre not good w/ money you just buy the big ass tv

65 is tiny dude, my 50 over my fireplace looks small and thats cuz we have the 75 in the bedroom and of course i want the 85 soon. and this is only b/c i'm trying to get back to a 97in projector screen i used to have.

Cleveland

<Silver Donator>
what kind of pussy shit is this?

you don't buy a tv to fit your place, you buy as big a tv as you can afford and if youre not good w/ money you just buy the big ass tv

65 is tiny dude, my 50 over my fireplace looks small and thats cuz we have the 75 in the bedroom and of course i want the 85 soon. and this is only b/c i'm trying to get back to a 97in projector screen i used to have.
lol the 46" is more than enough for me

• 1Like