Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Arden Arden Nester Nester
I am a big fan of give a man a fish, feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, feed him for life. So here is your chart for ETH and how to set it up for yourself going forward. This is from Marketwatch.com (feel free to use whatever service you prefer).

After hitting Marketwatch, hit Crypto, then Ethereum then advanced charting..

View attachment 355894

Choose your time frame (with the insane 12 month movement of crypto I would opt for a YTD view. Click on "edit" on the "Simple moving average". It defaults to 50, "add period" and add 100, 200 and 20 and then hit close. It will them look like this...

View attachment 355895

Mousing over anywhere on the chart will give you this nice flyover with all the numbers on whatever day you are mousing over...

View attachment 355897

So looking at this chart it sells us the current price now is just a hair below the 100-DMA ($2300.5) and well above the 200-DMA of $1642.98).

Right now ETH is in range between the 100-DMA and the 200-DMA. If you are bullish you might feel its going to break the overhead resistance of the 100-DMA and make a run up to the 50-DMA (at $2842.37). If you are bearish you might think its going to cruise down and test the 200-DMA (at $1642). It could do both or it could bounce around sideways in this big $700 dollar trough for a while. BTC has a lot of weakness now so if I were a betting man on crypto I would take a wait and see approach in the short run. As the 20-DMA keeps dropping it is going to create more overhead resistance. Same with the 50-DMA. The long it takes to decide what it is going to do, the more pressure it will have on it to break lower.

Or I could be totally wrong. Its crypto and it likes to do its own thing. Also, never take financial advice from a guy who wears Harley Davidson t-shirts.

Use what I showed you above to teach you how to setup your own charts and read them.

Thanks for this.

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The only negative news to come out against BTC in recent weeks is Elon suggesting it's not energy effecient. Compared to what? Digging gold mines? Everything else is, "VISA is going to use BTC", "PAYPAL accepts BTC", "Banks going to start using BTC", etc., etc., etc.

Either way it seems like an interesting reset, especially considering the slow bleed occurring today. Why? Is it coordination trying to get people to let go of their coinage and create an even deeper buy event? Or is it simply a function of the market cooling off after a hot-as-hell run up?

The SMA's make it look like it's going to rebound off $32k, while I would expect to see a very hard aggressive drop if it wanted to get to $24k. I spent months looking at an SMA BTC chart and I'm still not sure. Volatility is your friend. Volatility is your enemy.

I'm in BTC so long I don't care though. The bets I'm making are based on being able to buy a hamburger with crypto in the next decade.
The problem when shit goes ballistic is that if builds almost no support on the rocket upwards. Look back over the last six months and you see Jack and shit between 24k and 32k in terms of price levels where it established itself at that price. And Jack already left town with Elon. You also have public corporations who have been buying BTC and putting it on their books. Once the value goes upside down expect some of them to jettison it. Its why 32k is a pretty important live in the sand.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I dunno, I feel like most companies won't be that fragile on BTC price. No way they didn't expect the price to drop way back down when they bought into it.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I am a big fan of give a man a fish, feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, feed him for life. So here is your chart for ETH and how to set it up for yourself going forward. This is from Marketwatch.com (feel free to use whatever service you prefer).

View attachment 355894

Choose your time frame (with the insane 12 month movement of crypto I would opt for a YTD view. Click on "edit" on the "Simple moving average". It defaults to 50, "add period" and add 100, 200 and 20 and then hit close. It will them look like this...

View attachment 355895

Mousing over anywhere on the chart will give you this nice flyover with all the numbers on whatever day you are mousing over...

View attachment 355897

So looking at this chart it sells us the current price now is just a hair below the 100-DMA ($2300.5) and well above the 200-DMA of $1642.98).

Right now ETH is in range between the 100-DMA and the 200-DMA. If you are bullish you might feel its going to break the overhead resistance of the 100-DMA and make a run up to the 50-DMA (at $2842.37). If you are bearish you might think its going to cruise down and test the 200-DMA (at $1642). It could do both or it could bounce around sideways in this big $700 dollar trough for a while. BTC has a lot of weakness now so if I were a betting man on crypto I would take a wait and see approach in the short run. As the 20-DMA keeps dropping it is going to create more overhead resistance. Same with the 50-DMA. The long it takes to decide what it is going to do, the more pressure it will have on it to break lower.

Or I could be totally wrong. Its crypto and it likes to do its own thing. Also, never take financial advice from a guy who wears Harley Davidson t-shirts.

Use what I showed you above to teach you how to setup your own charts and read them.
Great post! Thank you

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I dunno, I feel like most companies won't be that fragile on BTC price. No way they didn't expect the price to drop way back down when they bought into it.

I’m kinda w James here. BTC is volatile af. You don’t spend $1,000,000,000 on being short.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man I had not seen the comments till just now. Very entertaining.

Normally I avoid the comments section for these things because they tend to be cesspools that bring out the dregs of society, but I took a look because you said something... Glad to see this one was not an exception.

• 1Worf

Haus

<Silver Donator>

View attachment 355894

View attachment 355895

View attachment 355897

WOw, that's a nice solid post there. And I use MarketWatch almost every day for things and somehow had not noticed they added a crypto section up top. heh

For myself I use tradingview.com... Has a ton of interesting indicators, and you can subscribe for even more. I usually use Macd, BBWP, and EMA/MA combo ribbons for general views. Then for BTC I drop in the Hash Ribbons indicator for good measure.

Don't know if this link will work right, here goes nothing... https://www.tradingview.com/chart/QeDTlcl9/

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For normies yes. Public corporations who put BTC on their balance sheet are different. The board might decide holding BTC at a negative value is bad for the company's shareholders. TSLA is an exception due to Elon's share position.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I normal
WOw, that's a nice solid post there. And I use MarketWatch almost every day for things and somehow had not noticed they added a crypto section up top. heh

For myself I use tradingview.com... Has a ton of interesting indicators, and you can subscribe for even more. I usually use Macd, BBWP, and EMA/MA combo ribbons for general views. Then for BTC I drop in the Hash Ribbons indicator for good measure.

Don't know if this link will work right, here goes nothing... https://www.tradingview.com/chart/QeDTlcl9/
I normally use Fidelity for all my charting, but haven't found them tracking crypto yet.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hey James James I know you have a good handle on the technical aspects of the Ethereum network. I'm trying to determine if MATIC will have value after 1559. I've heard arguments both ways. The pro-value after 1559 group seems to be the more knowledgeable of the two camps, but their explanation as to why MATIC will still have value flew a little over my non-tech savvy head. What are your thoughts?

I'm asking James, but I know there are a few others on here with good tech knowledge, so if anyone else knows, please feel free to chime in.

Edit: Also, my whale trackers are showing lots of ETH buying and lots of Tether selling...

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
From my limited understanding 1559 is just going to make gas costs more even, it won't speed up ETH. Matic is there to speed up ETH by doing transactions off the ETH block chain then folding them back in.

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Daezuel is correct, EIP-1559 will affect coin price and UX of Ethereum (my bet is drastically on both), but not much in the way of transaction fees when the network is bogged down. My concerns with MATIC are that it's a sidechain using More Viable Plasma, meaning it loses the composability and security of L1. Right now it works and is valuable for trading because there are no viable rollups on the market yet, which do not sacrifice either.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Daezuel is correct, EIP-1559 will affect coin price and UX of Ethereum (my bet is drastically on both), but not much in the way of transaction fees when the network is bogged down. My concerns with MATIC are that it's a sidechain using More Viable Plasma, meaning it loses the composability and security of L1. Right now it works and is valuable for trading because there are no viable rollups on the market yet, which do not sacrifice either.

So basically I'm reading you to say 1559 isn't going to kill MATIC, which means it's likely to continue to get more valuable, but rollups eventually will kill MATIC (and maybe all the other L2 chains?). You have any estimate of MATIC's lifespan? I know that's probably a tough question due to a lot of factors.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All I know for sure is that unless a developer is specifically incentivized to build their application on top of MATIC, they're most likely going to build it on Ethereum. That said, it is an Indian development team, that might count for something.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
OK, time to show my rudimentary TA and see if you folks can pick me apart and tell me why I'm insane....
1622391115560.png

What I'm seeing in the shorter term time frames (4h shown here) is a descending pattern. Note those blue lines which go back to the high where we started the current correction, and connect the lows to form the bottom of a "bearish flag". Looking at the line connecting the low on the 23 and low on the 29th is my optimistic line of resistance, forming a wedge ending Tuesday afternoon. My working theory is that it's going to narrow down then either break up or down.

If it breaks up, then we watch resistance around $40K. For me to think we're recovering from this months correction I want to see a candle close above that point.
If it breaks down, then I suspect we set a new bottom between $28k-$26k and are in "Bearish price discovery" space until we see a close above that top blue boundary of the flag.

Larger macro concern which makes me think we might be in the beginning of the bear is that we didn't fully recover from the "April correction" before the "May Correction" hit.....

So folks... how crazy am I?

• 4Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 4 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
OK, time to show my rudimentary TA and see if you folks can pick me apart and tell me why I'm insane....
View attachment 355961
What I'm seeing in the shorter term time frames (4h shown here) is a descending pattern. Note those blue lines which go back to the high where we started the current correction, and connect the lows to form the bottom of a "bearish flag". Looking at the line connecting the low on the 23 and low on the 29th is my optimistic line of resistance, forming a wedge ending Tuesday afternoon. My working theory is that it's going to narrow down then either break up or down.

If it breaks up, then we watch resistance around $40K. For me to think we're recovering from this months correction I want to see a candle close above that point.
If it breaks down, then I suspect we set a new bottom between $28k-$26k and are in "Bearish price discovery" space until we see a close above that top blue boundary of the flag.

Larger macro concern which makes me think we might be in the beginning of the bear is that we didn't fully recover from the "April correction" before the "May Correction" hit.....

So folks... how crazy am I?
I had to:

haus conspiracy chart.png

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users