Black Desert

Molten Core Raider
So Ive been playing an Awakened Nova for a good while now as my main, but Im kinda feeling like I want to play the succession Lahn more as my main this time around. Currently my Blackstar is an Awakening wep and Ive got a PEN Kzarka main hand. Would it be better to swap to a BS main hand for the AP bump or just stick with the Kzarka for now (Lahn AP is 289 succession and 292 awakening)? I know the Kzarka can benefit from the Caphras boost, but Ive been feeding those into my helm slowly working toward the Labreska hat.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Getting a TET BS mainhand will benefit you in the long run since PA likes to give out weapon coupons a lot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Molten Core Raider
I may run one of my herd of alts through the BS questline and see if i can just enhance a BS mainhand up to TET this weekend. That free 150 stack got pushed to 200 or so from the hearts of darkness things they passed out, it should be fairly doable. I wasnt sure if the bonuses from the Kzarka were better for pve.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So Ive been playing an Awakened Nova for a good while now as my main, but Im kinda feeling like I want to play the succession Lahn more as my main this time around. Currently my Blackstar is an Awakening wep and Ive got a PEN Kzarka main hand. Would it be better to swap to a BS main hand for the AP bump or just stick with the Kzarka for now (Lahn AP is 289 succession and 292 awakening)? I know the Kzarka can benefit from the Caphras boost, but Ive been feeding those into my helm slowly working toward the Labreska hat.
Switch to duo Godr-Ayed instead of TET BS. They're basically the same price and duo Godr at least gets you 3 AAP, 1 Acc, and 20 monster AP over PEN Kzarka. PEN Kzarka at only Caphras level 1 is roughly equivalent to TET BS - all you miss is the 17 monster AP. Which don't get me wrong is pretty solid, but not worth the 17bil IMO.

Go DUO Godr-ayed or get your PEN Kzarka to C1 and just save the 17 bil for accessory upgrades, vell's heart, etc.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

How is awake nova? It looks fun. I was tempted for next season to do that or a lahn also. I've heard awake nova is a lot more active, apm wise. Is it at least good clear and ae?

I tried awake maegu and it was fast, quick, lots of movement and constant quick hits, but attacks were so narrow(cone in front of player) and almost zero around the character or big ae moves. Which for where I grind and such just sucks. Amazing on bosses or 5-6 mobs in a tight little pack.

Curious if awake nova suffers from the same thing or even Lahn.

Next season is something I haven't played, awake nova, lahn or zerker(yes I know succ zerka is amazing and fast). As I use seasons to finish up mana pot(manshaums might actually make me get full 100 pity, since I am at 90 atm).

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Basically the best grinder in the game, but prepare to break your hands.

Maybe i will try that. Past 2 seasons have been succ maegu and awak valk. So lazy. So a nice change for a season might be good.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Maybe i will try that. Past 2 seasons have been succ maegu and awak valk. So lazy. So a nice change for a season might be good.
Awake valk isn't lazy at all, unless you're talking low end/"one-shot" spots where you can run the train. Awake valk at mid to late game is sweaty as fuck.

Awake nova is honestly one of the best balancing acts they've ever done. Yeah, she pulls crazy trash numbers. But, with the amount of APM she requires, I'm 100% fine with it. I hate the idea that ALL classes should pull similar trash. Sure, I think classes like Awakened Kuno, Succ Nova, etc. need some work because the disparity shouldn't be that large, but the "hardest" to play classes like Awakened Nova, Succ Ninja, etc. should pull the best trash IMO.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Awake valk isn't lazy at all, unless you're talking low end/"one-shot" spots where you can run the train. Awake valk at mid to late game is sweaty as fuck.

Awake nova is honestly one of the best balancing acts they've ever done. Yeah, she pulls crazy trash numbers. But, with the amount of APM she requires, I'm 100% fine with it. I hate the idea that ALL classes should pull similar trash. Sure, I think classes like Awakened Kuno, Succ Nova, etc. need some work because the disparity shouldn't be that large, but the "hardest" to play classes like Awakened Nova, Succ Ninja, etc. should pull the best trash IMO.

Yeah all I used the valk for was pot farming, centaurs,protty and such. I did try lower sycraia like I said, that was the only time I really worked.

Otherwise it was a lot of space, RMB, W+RMB, D+LMB or RMB and the occasional shift+rmb. It was very lazy for me.

Molten Core Raider
What Kirun said. ANova is super fun to play but she can be APM heavy and it gets worse having to juggle the turbo mode thing she does where she moves and attacks even faster for a period of time. Her attacks kinda flow after you build up the muscle memory though, so even though it's a lot of keyboard mashing, it doesnt feel too terrible.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Switch to duo Godr-Ayed instead of TET BS. They're basically the same price and duo Godr at least gets you 3 AAP, 1 Acc, and 20 monster AP over PEN Kzarka. PEN Kzarka at only Caphras level 1 is roughly equivalent to TET BS - all you miss is the 17 monster AP. Which don't get me wrong is pretty solid, but not worth the 17bil IMO.

Go DUO Godr-ayed or get your PEN Kzarka to C1 and just save the 17 bil for accessory upgrades, vell's heart, etc.
Eh, Godr is kinda a trap. You will need 3 clicks to make a PEN vs. 1 click with a normal BS.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Eh, Godr is kinda a trap. You will need 3 clicks to make a PEN vs. 1 click with a normal BS.
Uh, you don't go PEN with it. It's just a stop-gap for PEN BS and it nets you some better stats in the interim.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
BDO has a ton of people playing lately. More than even a few months ago when I started up again.

Anyone know why?

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
BDO has a ton of people playing lately. More than even a few months ago when I started up again.

Anyone know why?

PA making great changes and giving lots of free stuff plus a marketing campaign with some content creators, and then other creators hopping in to see what its all about. Asmongold said he'll be making a seasonal character maybe this weekend to see how its changed since he played at launch, so that'll be another population boom.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah probably a combo of new area in LoML and lots of free stuff ala t9 and 2 j hammers and outfits and tons of crons etc.

On the topic of novas, I tried awake nova back when nova came out and I absolutely hated it. The aoe was shit and even killing clumped up packs felt bad, forget somewhat spread out packs. That said, that was a long time ago and I only played it for a couple hours total, did not spend any time trying to get good with it or anything and I dunno if it's been buffed any since but probably has if people rate it #1 pve.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Succ Ninja and awak Nova can both pull high numbers over short periods of time, but pretty much no one can keep up that APM for very long, your fingers and wrists will suffer along with your focus. Taking that into account succ Woosa is probably the best over time, succ Zerker is up next maybe with a lot of other solid options after that.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PA making great changes and giving lots of free stuff plus a marketing campaign with some content creators, and then other creators hopping in to see what its all about. Asmongold said he'll be making a seasonal character maybe this weekend to see how its changed since he played at launch, so that'll be another population boom.
He won't make it past LoML. He would be off waiting til the next season or when the new region drops for use, probably this winter, with the new class.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Uh, you don't go PEN with it. It's just a stop-gap for PEN BS and it nets you some better stats in the interim.
Until when? That they get better accessories to make up the AP difference? I get what you're saying, as I use a duo godr mainland as well, but I find it to have been a waste, a tet bs would have been better and has more potential.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Until when? That they get better accessories to make up the AP difference? I get what you're saying, as I use a duo godr mainland as well, but I find it to have been a waste, a tet bs would have been better and has more potential.
Until when? Until they hit PEN BS with free Crons from events/J hammers?

How does a PEN BS have "more" potential? Duo Godr > TET BS. You think just because you buy a TET BS you're going to EZ 1 tap it to PEN? Your BS is going to SIT at TET for a long while, which is the whole point of Duo Godr - it acts as a stop-gap that has better stats while you wait to get RNG carried, or you happen to save 145 Bil. It's a 5% rate even with like a 250 stack, which means you're going to need to tap that bitch around 45 times before success. It's a LONG process to get a PEN BS, unless you get ultra RNG carried.

What you should do is get a DUO Godr and USE it, meanwhile you buy a TET BS to keep in storage for taps when they give out a bunch of Crons, J hammer, etc. and pray you get lucky one day. If you do, you sell the Godr and make back the money you spent on the TET BS. Sure, you "lose" 17b, but you were going to lose that either way because even enhancing up a BS from scratch still has a "cost"(remnant cost, crons, failstacks, enhancement stones, etc.) and based on RNG, probably more than the 17b it costs to buy it outright.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users