Black Myth Wukong

Blueweed

Golden Baronet of the Realm
same thing with chapter 3, thought it was already very long and there still so much back tracking stuff to do

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The God of War comparison is probably the most spot on, though faster paced (twitchier even) with a big of Ghosts of Tsushima style stance manipulation tossed in. Game is beautiful and runs really well on my PS5 (caveat: I have a high performance SSD drive installed on it that helps) and the combat is fairly fun.

But... it suffers from some Bloodbornisms. Specifically, in the boss fights, a lot of the combat is highly twitch based requiring split second reads to dodge. And it feels like you are battling the RNG to get the win on some of the harder bosses (I am going up the Black Wind mountain shit atm) early on. My other main gripe is the camera being the biggest enemy, along with the tendency for some bosses to randomly become invisible/untargetable during a fight. The first Black Wind King fight is a perfect example of this, with him just ignoring the immobilize power at random points and turning invisible and zipping around the arena. Pretty much every boss battle to the point I am at seems to be two freezes, one transform, spam dodge, and pray to the RNG gods. Its not frustrating, outside of the camera bullshit, but it lacks the depth of a FROM game or GoW.

Having said all that, this is still an excellent game if you have the reflexes for it. Playing it in HDR on my giant TV with my surround cranked is a near movie like experience and the story is well executed without getting in the way of the game. And exploring the overland maps to hunt down items and clear trash is really cathartic. I am hoping the variety picks up a bit as I progress, but I am really digging it despite this not being my normal type of game.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
a lot of needy plebs on the argh argh argh forums asking where is the crack

actually, they are demanding it

haha
(denuvo is being used, yes it's ironic coming from the country of origin)

groups are telling plebs to just buy the game, then plebs say they can't buy the game cuz it's as much as a grocery bill (they live in 3rd world shitholes), then the groups respond w/ how the hell can you then afford the pc to play this game?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

don't think its really important but its kinda weird since Microsoft showed the game off at their last games conference thingie. Did Sony just quietly fuck them over? lol

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought it came out already that it didn't release on Xbox due to a memory leak and not passing MS's certification process?

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
seems really weird to me that Sony would have an exclusivity deal and be ok with not advertising it as such. So much so that I call bullshit on that dude.

• 1Like

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hopefully by the time the Xbox version does come out they'll have figured out how to press digital copies of their game.

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Finished NG, and have moved on to NG+. There is SO much shit I would have missed without looking stuff up, and I'm pretty sure I still missed a ton. I did look up how to get the "real" ending, and holy shit is it epic. There are several staffs you can only get in NG+ which look badass. Definitely worth the purchase.

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
"Journalist" doesn't even know when to use an over a, for starters. Love the seething butthurt she must be experiencing!

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Is this idiot really saying that there's something de facto wrong with a Chinese game appealing to Chinese audiences, and also to Western audiences? Shit is so backwards it's like going into a bakery and complaining that they have brownies, blondies, and lemon bars and instead there should only be one offering of brown-blonde-lemon bars. No wonder everything sucks.

Last edited: