Black Myth Wukong

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
A chinese studio not giving a fuck about westerners and their pearl-clutching over the various -ism's isn't exactly a win, it's just business as usual over there. It'd be nice to think that Western studios will suddenly realize that the woke mafia don't actually have any real power to affect sales, but I don't see it happening. They've already allowed them inside their companies where they can do the most damage.

I'd like to try it even though it doesn't really sound like my kind of game, but the PC version is infected with Denuvo, PS5 version is digital only and sounds rough at the moment, and the Series X version got fucked over with a delay, most likely due to MS' retarded policy about games having to support the Series POS too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A chinese studio not giving a fuck about westerners and their pearl-clutching over the various -ism's isn't exactly a win, it's just business as usual over there. It'd be nice to think that Western studios will suddenly realize that the woke mafia don't actually have any real power to affect sales, but I don't see it happening. They've already allowed them inside their companies where they can do the most damage.

It's kind of crazy when you think about it. Corporations, usually all about money, maximizing said money. Doing things we gamers hate just to earn more money. Yet in this aspect(DEI) they basically bend over and give up who knows how much cash for pure political/social reasons(And they cant even say its the vast majority because its a small minority that care at all about that shit). So they make a game, that earns very little, they see games that just dont care about it or ignore it, make plenty of money, but keep doing the former.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It's kind of crazy when you think about it. Corporations, usually all about money, maximizing said money. Doing things we gamers hate just to earn more money. Yet in this aspect(DEI) they basically bend over and give up who knows how much cash for pure political/social reasons(And they cant even say its the vast majority because its a small minority that care at all about that shit). So they make a game, that earns very little, they see games that just dont care about it or ignore it, make plenty of money, but keep doing the former.

If the investment capital infusion they get from pushing DEI is greater than what they're losing from a vocal portion of their fans turning on them, then for the people at the top it's worth it. That's it. Not up to the developers, and very few top-level executives are willing to make a stand on their personal beliefs and lose money (while gaining money long-term from the respect they'd garner from the audience). The social repercussions are also something to consider, as a top-level exec who comes out against DEI can expect to be accused of all kinds of toxicity in various media outlets and generally roundly attacked. Like so many other things, it really only works when a bunch of people with power stand up and say "enough", too many for the pitchfork group to gang up on.

See also "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" for more on this situation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Whiteclad noble sucks! Holy fuck :(

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
"Too many tech issues" on PS5 according to DF

So I am playing in performance mode on PS5 - I have not had any issues in Chapter 1. (I am stuck on Whiteclad). I can also do balanced and get 40-50 if I go that route on HDMI 2.1 and VRR.

I'll watch it though and see what they are complaining about but I am also 50 now and I am sure my eyes suck :p

I keep leaning towards balanced with VRR and Low Latency active on my OLED 65 HDMI 2.1 and honestly, there are zero latency issues.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lol wonder how many Chinese players will drop dead of exhaustion. Seems to happen often enough over there. Or was that Korea?
It always confuses me when it's at the 50-ish hour mark, like, that's not even a full weekend camp, gotta get after work Friday in there.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The anime between chapters are really well done and flesh out some stuff. Chapter 3 now 13 hours in. Combat getting much better and having a lot of fun looking for secret bosses.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What's the overall on difficulty? Harder or easier than Nioh? Depends where you are in the game seems to be the gist, but I have seen people say it's nowhere as difficult as Nioh. Which is hard to believe.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Some of the bosses are rather difficult but overall it's a bit easier imo. Though in Chapter 3 there are 2 bosses that you're fighting the camera and hit boxes on which kind of sucks. The smaller bosses though are quite good and interesting so far, but it kind of sucks fighting the really big ones.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

games made over $500m now and cost ~$100m to make

meanwhile star wars outlaws has a budget of over $200m and probably over $100m has already been spent on marketing it, i'm really hoping wukong steals away all its sales

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Have you seen Outlaws pricing? I think they only need to sell 1,000 copies to break even.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Blueweed

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I found that item after I killed that yellow bastard. and also discovered another half of the map i missed!