Black Myth Wukong

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Forbidden Kingdom was the Jet Li/Jackie Chan one, which was a very western take on the story. Its actually a fairly decent movie, overall, though it veers from the source material a lot (mostly by making an american kid the central protagonist) which is true of many adaptations of this tale. I am trying to get my wife to play this, as she liked watching me play God Damn Mongolians and this seems closer in feel to that game, rather than a typical Souls ripoff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
Forbidden Kingdom was the Jet Li/Jackie Chan one, which was a very western take on the story. Its actually a fairly decent movie, overall, though it veers from the source material a lot (mostly by making an american kid the central protagonist) which is true of many adaptations of this tale. I am trying to get my wife to play this, as she liked watching me play God Damn Mongolians and this seems closer in feel to that game, rather than a typical Souls ripoff.
I thought there was one major motion picture.

I have been watching the new tales of monkey on Netflix. Fairly recent, low budget, filmed in new zealand, but pretty good cast. The monkey guy is hilarious.

I imagine it's got a similar plot to the 1978 Japanese production. I'll check that one out next.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Anyone playing the game?

• 1Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 1 users

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Well reviews were good enough that I pulled the trigger, and definitely do not regret it so far:

Fun and beautiful game. Finished chapter 1 so that's all I can speak to. Very linear, but after gorging Elden Ring and expansion I'm fine with that. Soulslike aspects: combat-dodge only, no blocking. Although some skills allow you to tank through hits during a combo chain. Very fast paced. Gourd=estus flask. Upgradeable. Can upgrade stamina and mana amounts. Can equip different spells. Will=souls/currency.

Differences: No stats. Skill trees-combat, spells, survivalbility etc. Can craft a few variations of the staff with different themes/bonuses. No boss weapons, instead can transform into bosses for a time or use their skills after defeating. Can craft different armor with different bonuses and themes, and occasionally loot some pieces. Focus system that you build up and can use to do different moves/charged attacks or combos

Running pretty well for me even with ray tracing turned on and cinematic as default with a 4090, still a few hitches and stutters though. 0 crashes so far. I may end up lowering to very high.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Someone said it is more boss rush style and less trash clearing/ grind. That seem true?

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
Someone said it is more boss rush style and less trash clearing/ grind. That seem true?

That's kinda unfortunate. The big world dungeons are the best part of elden ring even though they are filled with 'trash'. And usually half a dozen minibosses.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
That's kinda unfortunate. The big world dungeons are the best part of elden ring even though they are filled with 'trash'. And usually half a dozen minibosses.
I don’t have any evidence, which spurred the question. It may yet have those things you’re looking for. I haven’t had time to watch any streams of the game either.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This game is astonishingly beautiful on my rig - 4090, AW 32" 4k OLED, etc. Possibly one of the best looking titles of all time. It's also a metric fuck ton of fun, if a liiiiittle shallow so far. If these devs can parlay this into a more open world/elden ring type of game they could literally print money. Very happy to give based crazians my $ vs. faggot developers in Irvine.

• 1Worf

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
It's definitely boss/mini-boss to next boss/mini-boss, which can be good and bad. Trash clearing can be tedious, and there's very little of that. But not much time to catch your breath.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
People keep comparing this to elden ring but I think it's a better comparison to sekiro from the looks of it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You can use the trash clearing however and mini bosses to gain some levels early on for some skills to help with the bosses. So there is trash and there is a want to explore (the limited) area of the level for materials and such - but a lot of the fun so far will be builds with armor. Like "When wearing this armor, in water, your stamina reduces 50% slower" and a lot of nifty things like that to be able to come back to some bosses that were previously maybe in water and you are able to have an advantage. Early on the game teaches you about buffs and potions and such (Fire protection, Poison protection, etc). I am very early on though.

Game is gorgeous though and plays well. The sound effects are hilarious.

Edit: I wouldn't compare this to either of those. More like faster version of dark Souls combat with God of War.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
People keep comparing this to elden ring but I think it's a better comparison to sekiro from the looks of it.

FYI bud this runs great on PS5. Performance mode looks really good.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
That sounds great tbh
It's great - if I had my druthers, it would be a bit more exploratory and story driven, but I actually prefer this boss variety/sheer volume to something more story driven with like 8 bosses.