Black Widow (2020)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Disney doing 30 buck d+ releases and it only affects women? Sounds like dumb bitches being dumb bitches.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I hope Blunt doesn't do something dumb like that, because that would probably put her chance of being cast as Sue Storm at about 0%. I have no idea if she even wants it, but I do, and that's really all that matters.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Good luck taking on the mouse stupid bitches. You can't even seem to get Weinstein behind bars and now you want to go head to head with Disney?

Harvey was a sex pest, other sex pests aren't going to do much to help put him away.

This (these) lawsuits not only effect these women as actors, but also as producers, aka the money people. Other money people are going to be very interested in whether or not contracts mean anything.

I assume the Jungle Cruise release effects the Rock less since his production company was on board and, unlike an individual, I bet they are getting a cut of the streaming revenue.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just have a hard time giving a shit about these two women who play pretend for a living and get paid more than most people in their entire lifetimes, complaining that they got screwed.

Yeah, maybe it is a contract violation, but I don't fucking care.

They can go cry about it to the media who make it seem like the worst fucking thing in the world. Where was Entertainment Weekly when I got screwed out of my 3% raise that amounted to a couple grand last year? Oh, they didn't care to write about that one?

I guess it's not nearly as tragic as Scarlett missing out on an extra $2 million on top of the $20 million she was already paid out.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Now they're looking for compensation when Paramount shortened the amount of time before it hits their streaming services as well. ScarJo will get the headline for kickstarting all of this when the courts sort it out.

edit: actually this article is old and Paramount did already agree and pay them.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Disney really fucked her and possible did a breach off contract by releasing to stream simultaneously. She definitely have a good court case,i f the contract specified the movie will have theatrical exclusivity, which the movie did not had.
Yeah totally fucked her to the tune of paying her 20million, did her sister get paid that much? She carried the damn movie.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Yeah totally fucked her to the tune of paying her 20million, did her sister get paid that much? She carried the damn movie.
Considering the Disney+ release generated from what I heard $60 million dollars, she got screwed for millions of dollars.

The actors take a smaller paycheck at the startup, for an exchange of the gross numbers. It works for both sides since no studio want to pay $50-million upfront to the actor before the movie is even completed.

For Avengers she took home $14 million and 5% of gross sales, totaling 35 something million.

even at 5%(very doubtful since she was the bill actress) for a 60 million disney plus debut, would have given her an extra 3 million.

Also she is not the only one in this situation. Denzel and Wahlberg are in a similar situation with their upcoming films

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
Seems kind of strange how many people seem to think it's fine that she's getting screwed because she's already rich.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seems kind of strange how many people seem to think it's fine that she's getting screwed because she's already rich.
That's not what I said.

I just don't care. Is it fucked? Yeah.

Is it worse than what normal people go through? Absolutely not.

Sitting here arguing about how unfair it is a multi-millionaire is getting screwed out of a couple extra million dollars while most people here are making a fraction of what she's getting screwed out of is ridiculous.

• 2Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's not what I said.

I just don't care. Is it fucked? Yeah.

Is it worse than what normal people go through? Absolutely not.

Sitting here arguing about how unfair it is a multi-millionaire is getting screwed out of a couple extra million dollars while most people here are making a fraction of what she's getting screwed out of is ridiculous.
dude you sound like those commies who talk about wealth distribution. contracts need to be honored. if a megacorp can just decide , nah we arent giving you more money, try and stop us. and they get away with it, thats bad for everyone.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Butler brings a fraud claim with the assertion that defendants Nu Image, Millennium Media and Padre Nuestro Productions never intended to pay him net profits. The film has grossed about $170 million worldwide, yet he says he hasn’t seen a penny in net profits, with an audit of accounting statements raising flags in multiple areas on the revenue side, both domestically and foreign.

The actor nods to how the producers are currently fighting with the DGA over pension payments and states that Nu Image and Millennium are deducting residuals never paid out.

The suit also attacks a “comprehensive, premeditated scheme” to allegedly hide money and deprive Butler of net profits with word of agreements with distributors structured so that not all gross receipts have to be reported. The case is being handled by attorneys at Greenberg Glusker.
Hollywood accounting is now going to court.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah there's a pretty big divide between "i hope scarjo gets more money for being a pretend person" and "contracts mean something and not honoring them has SEVERE repercussions across the board."

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've been in the contracts business for the last decade. Plenty is people get screwed in contracting.

I'm sorry I just can't seem to muster any give a shits for anyone in Hollywood. Their whole industry is full of assholes, and so seeing millionaires bitch at billionaires for fucking them doesn't really matter to me.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

I get that... Would you be as apathetic if the person being screwed over by a shady contract was just some average Joe?

Personally I think you either have to care about both or neither. Either all contract shenanigans bother you or none of them do.

Being rich doesn't change the fact that a company is trying to screw over their employee.

But I digress

• 4Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, like I don't particularly care about her. But companies doing shady shit fucking people out of money is bad regardless of the relative finances of the person getting the short end of the stick.

• 4Like

Homsar

I think its a dumb move to piss off disney in the long run is all im thinking but then again her career is kind of over with so try to squeeze as much out ? Idk

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
fuck Disney, theyve been the big bullies on the block for decades, they need more of this to happen and expose their shady business practices. they're as bad as Coke

Sterling

El Presidente
I think its a dumb move to piss off disney in the long run is all im thinking but then again her career is kind of over with so try to squeeze as much out ? Idk
I could be effectively career ending, but if it snowballs big enough it could end up being a thing.

Homsar

fuck Disney, theyve been the big bullies on the block for decades, they need more of this to happen and expose their shady business practices. they're as bad as Coke
You think this will do shit to disney? Them pumping out piles of shit lately is what i think world hurt more