Boardwalk Empire

spronk

FPS noob
now we know what skyler white feels like!!!!!

some behind the scenes thoughts on the last episode, while i hate the way van alden went out i can understand it. chalkys story though did suck all the way from beginning of the season to the end. i did like his ending, it fit his character well, but it was still a pretty nihilistic ending

original.jpg

frown.png

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Reading some theories online that
the new kid working for Nucky is Tommy Darmody. Supposedly the letter Nucky received earlier in the season addressed to "Nellie Bly" was from Gillian, since that's the name she gave him in the flashback.

Cybsled

Reading some theories online that [spoile]the new kid working for Nucky is Tommy Darmody. Supposedly the letter Nucky received earlier in the season addressed to "Nellie Bly" was from Gillian, since that's the name she gave him in the flashback.[/spoiler]
Ya, Nellie Bly is def Gillian. I also do agree the new kid is Tommy, although I am curious what the end game is. If he wanted to kill Nucky, he would have already had chances to do that (Nucky in the alley).

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So, the whole thing with Narcisse. Why was the woman and the kid there? Was Chalky supposed to just be waiting for Narcisse? I hope Narcisse gets it in the end anyway.

spronk

FPS noob
the woman is narcisses real/adopted/?? daughter, in season 4 there were some flashbacks with some fucked up shit (her mom was a hooker that narcisse pimped i think, and he killed her? then had some weird fetish shit going on with daughter). he sent her in to seduce chalky, but she fell in love and had a daughter and chalky is probably the dad. she went to narcisse because she can't get any jobs as a singer, she thinks narcisse told all black clubs not to hire her so she wants his forgiveness for betraying him and for him to lift his ban. she mentions this when she hands him her album and says no club will let her play.

chalky didn't know any of that shit, he just went to one of narcisses whorehouses to kill him. when he runs into her he changes his plans, and at the end decides he will make a deal with narcisse - he will die in exchange for narcisse "forgiving" daughter. he knows narcisse will kill him, he coulda killed him but he decides to sacrifice himself for the chick and kid. the whole bit at the end was just a show for daughter, since she is too stupid to understand that gangsters can't hire a man who pull a gun on them.

michael shannon was on fallon last night by the way, nothing much to say. he's in a new movie and he doesn't seem very optimistic it will do well
frown.png

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Fuck. This episode was rough. I'm going to be really sad to see this end.

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
Holy shit that was intense. The standoff scene had my heart beating. It was odd to see Nucky just bow down and completey give in to Meyer and Lucky like that.

RIP Mickey Doyle, you almost made it

Cybsled

Well, they've almost killed off all the supporting characters now.

Mickey's mouth finally got him killed ;p

spronk

FPS noob
the oscar for most depressing tv series goes to boardwalk empire

RIP the true king of atlantic city, mickey "huehuehue" doyle

I know it was said before, but they really hit it out of the park with the casting for young Nucky. And the teeth haha!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm interested to see how much Nucky makes off the Mayflower stock, as its obvious he'll live and lose "everything" he's built. Hope he'd shorted enough stock to make a few million through stocks to retire comfortably and in relative safety. I might actually cry next week when this ends. Said it before, but this is my favorite television show since probably The Wire? I don't think its the best show, but its definitely one of my absolute favorites.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
The way this has come to a conclusion has me conflicted on the whole run. Not Sons of Anarchy level, but bummed a little.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
The last season was obviously rushed, though not as bad as Rome. I just wish we would have gotten to see more of a break between Luciano's gang and Nucky's allies. It feels like a lot happened in seven years that we missed.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
This show was excellent and then they had to wrap things up quickly after the end date was decided. If the show wasn't ending, this season could have focused on just Capone and Nucky and it probably wouldn't have been as good as the previous seasons.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Well that was a huge downer for me. Nucky taking it up the ass like that without a fight.

spronk

FPS noob
The way this has come to a conclusion has me conflicted on the whole run. Not Sons of Anarchy level, but bummed a little.
oh god please don't even compare the two, Sons is pretty much monty python in a biker gang at this point with nothing really making any sense anymore. Boardwalk is a bit rushed and super sad but the stories at least are logical and "realistic". Thats probably what bums most of us, we want these guys to win but they keep getting the shit kicked out of them or dead. Nobody's really winning anymore.

Also i missed something someone pointed out elsewhere, the company that Nucky is shorting (Mayflower Grain) is the one that met with him to discuss Cuban Liquor imports. The one where he met Joe Kennedy who is a member of that company I think. Dunno where they are going with that storyline, money for Margaret? Way to force them to bring him aboard? It all backfires on him and he ends up penniless and dead? Joe Kennedy obviously succeeds in life so dunno.

The Lansky/Luciano shit was intense especially after this scene from season 2 or 3. Gandalf was wrong, you should always kill your enemies

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Holy shit, take that back. SOA doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same thread as Broadwalk Empire. SOA is all low IQ shitty white ppl, being manipulated by the wife of the shitty director.