Boxing

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Ah yeah, Ward is gonna have to make this a Froch/Kessler performance to win this fight. He'll have to be systematic and has a solid chance it won't be overwhelming entertaining. The implications are still massive for the boxing purists. Expecting the winner to finally get to fight Stevenson.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep. It's the smart game plan. Have to see if Kovalev learned anything from his last fight to combat it.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So Convo has Kovalev, I have Ward, who you taking Blitz?

Can't wait. Best match-up in years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
he went with Ward. Traditionally the boxer tends to win fights like this and I can easily seeing Ward win this but just something about Kovalevs will that makes me think he might be too much tonight.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Such a close fight. Hope there is a rematch. I thought Kovalev won tho

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had it for Ward but I would have been happy either way.

I think people don't ever take Ward's body work into consideration.

Judges do though.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Damn, where do we start! Lol.

I had the fight at the end 114-113 for Ward. Do I feel very comfortable with that? No. The fight felt like a draw to me, even though the math can't possibly work out that way. I have absolutely no issue with anyone saying either fighter won, as long as it was close. I really, really wanna see this again & I am very happy that this fight was so competitive.

Ward has some major issues with Kovalev's reach & timing. I wanna see the adjustments Ward makes getting in there again knowing Kovalev can hit him from anywhere in that ring. I thought Ward should've made Kovalev fight off his back foot more, then again Kovalev was incredibly well prepared for Ward's clinch fighting. It really looked as if Kovalev was well on his way to gassing from Ward's body work in the 9th but man he stayed with it. Just a really good fight.

The timing and foot work, no wasted movement from Kovalev is what made him a much more dangerous opponent than per say a Pacquiao to Floyd. His size also helps a little as well. Dude is just a monster.

Like I said, give it to me again. I could see Ward maybe going after a unification with Stevenson with a deal in place to come right back to Kovalev. It would inflate the purse, and bring some more money to the table for a rematch.

Lomachenko-Walters this coming weekend, very nice fight.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Super fucking disappointed in Walters quitting there. He was starting to get completely worked, but my God, fucking fight on. Fucking over fans, and they will fucking remember that next time you fight. Go out on your fucking shield.

Anyways, Loma is a fucking stud. There are very few, if any fighting specimens on this planet that are as purely gifted as him. Sadly he will have a tough time with guys like Crawford and the 140 lbs'ers just because he is smaller, but with his talent he could still beat. Dude is a monster.

ps. sucks because Walters is so well spoken and what not, he really screwed himself there. It's a shame.

• 1Like

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm just amazed at how much better he is than these guys. So many gifts.

Walters was really disappointing, he blamed lack of fights by HBO when he was the one holding out in negotiations with Loma prolonging his inactivity. I'd love to see Loma vrs Crawford but I'm not sure they could meet at a catchweight that would be fair to both. I think Crawford gets Manny next.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I really, really hope for Pacquiao-Crawford next. Would absolutely buy that, regardless of Arum's shitty ass undercard.

• 1Solidarity

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I really, really hope for Pacquiao-Crawford next. Would absolutely buy that, regardless of Arum's shitty ass undercard.

Outside of Floyd unless Bob makes a deal with another promotion, Crawford almost has to be his next opponent. lots of great fights are brewing for next year. Thurman-Garcia already on the books and we looking at Kovalev-Ward rematch, Manny-Crawford, GGG-Canelo and Probably match between Joshua-Klitchco or Wilder. Jeez man, hope all these land!

• 1Solidarity

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Best sports thread we have in this forum! I won't be viewing anything but this and NBA!

• 1Cutler

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fantastic fight between Whyte-Chisora right now. Guys are landing bombs, surprised Chisora is up in this fight going into the 6th.

Joshua-Molina next, good barometer for the bad man that is AJ.

WEIGHIN-JOSHUA-MOLINA3.jpg

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Dear God... What a fight between Chisora & Whyte. That highlight video is going to very much worth watching!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Joshua just made Molina look really bad. You could tell from the first right-hand Molina didn't wanna be in there.

3rd round KO, guy will show in April against Klitschko he is the next big time heavyweight. Looked very loose and athletic tonight.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Ladie.. Gentlemen & Gentlemen, Gennady Golovkin-Danny Jacobs March 18th Madison Square Garden HBO PPV!

Looks like Canelo-Chavez Jr. may happen soon also. Hopefully this leads to the GGG-Canelo superfight (we'll see)!