Boxing

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
End of the year awards are coming in: Carl Frampton wins ESPN's Fighter of the Year.

Fighter of the year is tough, especially tough this year. Crawford would be a great bet again if he had a better opponent to close the year, someone other than Molina Jr.
It's gotta be between Frampton, Lomachenko & Ward for me. Lomachenko spectacularly beat Roman Martinez & Walters, and would be the hands down if Martinez was a better fighter. Frampton had two very good, albeit close, wins against Quigg & Santa Cruz. Ward waxed Brand (ok fighter), Sullivan Barrera (who is certainly an underrated fighter), and had the controversial win against Kovalev. Ward still was given the win against Kovalev though, and FoTY is judged under parameters of what you accomplished not how much of a better fighter you are etc...

That's tough, not sure. I would go Kovalev & Ward for fight of the year: really good competitive fight, and the importance was massive. If going for more entertaining Chisora - Whyte was insane.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Ok so, there is a lot to make fun of here: Canela being too "small" to fight GGG at 160 lbs, the fact Chavez Jr. has been a shit show the last few years etc...
I honestly don't mind he fight though. It will probably sell well (500k ppv's w/ a shit undercard), will be a big event, and has the "potential" to be a really good fight. If Chavez makes 164 and doesn't look like an Auschwitz patient, he can eat Canelo's shots and dish it back.

Hopefully this is Canelo conceding to the GGG fight in Sept. to cash in on a big year.

Ps. James DeGale - Badou Jack tomorrow night, with a very solid under card. Winner of the main event is the top 168 guy and possibly a top 10 P4P. Should be well worth watching.

And what the fuck happened to Convo, is he in Retard Rehabilitation?

canelo_vs_chavez_jr_ok_especial.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
That was some of the craziest shit I have ever seen. Haye blows out his achilles, and continues to fight for 6 rounds. WTF, just insane. The "theater of the unexpected".

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Deal 'dead' for announced Pacquiao-Khan fight

This sport and the way its ran is so fucking annoying, and a big part of that is Bob Arum's Jewy fucking ass. Wish that guy would croak already, what a shit storm. At least the Brits & Showtime are making solid fights.

And apparently Tyson Fury is coming back May 13th, assuming for a tune up then maybe Wilder?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Megalithic KO from Lemieux over Curtis Stevens last night. Disposes of Stevens in only 3 rounds. Right back in the mix at the top of MW. If Golden Boy fucks around they may get Canelo beat before he ever steps in the ring for the mega-payday with Golovkin if they put Lemieux in there with Canelo before hand.

And the full episode of 24/7 Golovkin - Jacobs (One week awaaaaaaaay!)

Last edited:

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
either guy could have won and no one would have been upset. It was really fucking close. I had Jacobs winning by 1, but, either way it was a fun fight.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
either guy could have won and no one would have been upset. It was really fucking close. I had Jacobs winning by 1, but, either way it was a fun fight.

If GGG didn't get the knockdown in round 3, I think we could have seen a potential draw or Jacobs win. He was smart to say "fuck the title" and hydrate/put on weight.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah a really good fight. Had GGG close, but it was really good. Really liked Jacobs' gameplan and the corner work. I thought Golovkin and his corner fought an uncharacteristic fight. He absolutely does best when he forces the issue, even if he takes punishment in return, and jabs down guys to the ropes and starts bombing. Felt like he kinda neutralized his own power (on top of the already great boxing Jacobs did). Thought Abel Sanchez did a bad job cornering for GGG tonight.

Really glad Jacobs fought so well. He really deserved to not be another KO victim.

I also believe this could've been the absolute best outcome for boxing. Hopefully the Canelo camp falsely evaluates this fight and finally jumps at what they believe is a "vulnerable" Golovkin. GGG still wrecks him and claims the cash-cow title and rounds out his career until old age catches up to him. Sadly GGG is already almost 35, its really a shame we didn't see 28 yr old GGG get these fights.

Last edited:
  • 1Like