Brave Frontier

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Small tip: If your Tesla (frontier hunter rank 31 reward unit) is still rank 5, she's an excellent healer + mitigator for summoner arc. Give her a phantom gizmo + sacred crystal (and if you have it, a +bc per turn elgif) and she can aoe heal + mitigate your team almost every round if you levelup your water elemental summon skill.

She's definitely carrying my team, even though she's a non-attacker.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Trying to use my Nyami that's 5* but it's not going well :(
They pruned her BB so it doesn't guarantee to fill all the way. I wanted my infinite BB :(

So are people grinding levels? I'm at info tower now and getting worked :(

Standard process is to bring 10 cure, 2 fujin, 3 fujin, 2 revive lights, and "something else" usually another revive.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I got to the 3rd to last battle, but stalled out. Going to spend at least a day just grinding out some levels and elemental ranks before going back to try again.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Grinding soulless city. Leveling summoner arts looks like it's going to take forever. Nyami is good for grinding so far, hoping when I get 70% bb fill unlocked she'll be a good boss killer as well.

Speaking of soulless grind, it'll take about a month of grinding to level a decent amount of sp skills.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Summoner mode was shiny and new for a day, but already I'm less than impressed with the addition. Seems like a massively long grind for no real point.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm looking forward to leveling my weapons with shs this week. It's not the most exciting mode ever, but at least I have a place to dump stamina now.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Summoner mode was shiny and new for a day, but already I'm less than impressed with the addition. Seems like a massively long grind for no real point.
Why would I summon for any other units now that I can't fucking use them?

Also not being able to "unevo" units is bullshit. I just want to use that Tesla that is super OP so I can autobattle.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Right now is a great time to save gems. Jp is pushing out new omni content along with more summoner content so new units will have a point again.

Global looks like they are pushing hard on expanding raids with the guild raid system in November.

Being able to devolve units would definitely be nice for summoner mode though...

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Right now is a great time to save gems. Jp is pushing out new omni content along with more summoner content so new units will have a point again.

Global looks like they are pushing hard on expanding raids with the guild raid system in November.

Being able to devolve units would definitely be nice for summoner mode though...
What are you grinding to get so many levels? Are you actually playing or autobattling?

I'm going to need to find something to just grind...

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was grinding 4-3 with Nyami, moved to 5-2 to grind with Libera, now primarily grinding 7-4 with Astall. Metal ghosts start spawning on the 4th map (I think) randomly and give lots of exp.

I half auto on 3x speed. Charge bbs on stage 1, use 1 bb per stage then go into the boss level with all 3 charged and hit auto.

When shs released I highly recommend leveling your spear to 15 to get the hit on bb buff.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Was grinding 4-3 with Nyami, moved to 5-2 to grind with Libera, now primarily grinding 7-4 with Astall. Metal ghosts start spawning on the 4th map (I think) randomly and give lots of exp.

I half auto on 3x speed. Charge bbs on stage 1, use 1 bb per stage then go into the boss level with all 3 charged and hit auto.

When shs released I highly recommend leveling your spear to 15 to get the hit on bb buff.
Actually, I can full-auto 4-3 with you as a friend and my Nyami. I think I might just dump energy there. Wish I had recognized yesterday was SKD with 2x XP, but no notification about it sort of fucked me. I did get a metal ghost yesterday while clearing through one one of the spots (5?).

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I grind 7-4 with Noah 5* (the free unit from raising your raid rank). He has self-refill BB (nerfed to ~60% fill with the bb debuff), and a big damage modifier. He's only a single target hitter, but he kills bosses a lot faster than other units I have available since he can bb every 1-2 rounds thanks to his self fill. Spheres I use on him are Beiorg's Armor and Curative Device, which means he self heals to full every round.

My main reason for picking him is he's water element, and I want a lot of water exp because Tesla's a good 5* mitigator, and Elimo is probably the king of mitigators once you can reliably bring 7* units since he only needs 16 bc to fill his bar at 7* and provides mitigation, healing, and status cure all in one for half the bc cost of other mitigators.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New fg is a giant pain in the ass. Build a team to survive the first 7 floors and the 8th floor is a six turn dps race. At least it's only once every 3 hours per attempt.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Has anyone beaten the EX dungeon in summoner mode without cheesing it by wasting 20 arton's on a 3* burny? If so, what unit and sphere setup did you use?

My summoner is level 26 or something, with a level 18 spear. I've tried a few different units, and no matter who I bring, the boss eventually focus fires someone in a round, which kills them even from full health. I've wasted 300 energy on him by this point, and still, over the ~30 round battle it takes to win, he always picks off someone and then it's downhill from there.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Astall with eremons agesis and growth device.
Spear in summoner, axe on the friend.

Astall's light buff and attack down helps speed up the race immensely while keeping your guys alive. Make sure your summoner unit is the same color as your friend unit and bring stones for buffs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for the tips, I just beat it using your summoner as a friend actually. Don't have Astall, so I used Tesla since I'm heavily invested in water arts anyway (up to elemental level 14 in water). It was still a really close battle, with two deaths and me almost out of items near the end. I'll be glad when I can start using 7* units, since for the past year I've been evolving nearly everything I own up to their max level just because, so I have a huge roster of 7* units, but very limited selections for 5* and 6* (and not willing to do pulls just for low end units).

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
6*s are closing in on viable next map. 90% stats and 60% bb fill at summoner arts level 40.

Going to focus on leveling dark and lightning now. Planning on using Reud/Lafiel for bosses and rangul(kof free unit) and Febros for farming.

Got to the first phase of karna masta in the new fg and he randomly wiped my team with a no warning aoe. Such a shitty fg.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
3rd anniversary campaign in effect, and Gumi seems to be going pretty close to all out. Last login bonus is UoC + Summon ticket, so that's pretty awesome.

Limited pool of omni-capable units ONLY for 6 gems also setup. Bunch of other activities and bonuses for playing. This is looking pretty decent.

Also Super Honor Summon is back, so go level yo shit.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I've had an overall feeling of meh lately about BF. I haven't summoned anything in over a month because there's been nothing interesting to summon. We're getting a unit of choice, and my thoughts are.... there's nothing I even want, so whatever. Maybe I'll grab a Ciara if her OE is awesome.

I tried the latest FG a few times, but the instant death bullshit from buffwipe into super nuke just wore on my nerves really quickly, and I said screw it and haven't even bothered with it since it came out. All I do these days really is log in once a day to auto-farm the summoner mode in hopes that it's updated to be more interesting in the future.

Maybe I've been playing this too long and just need a break. I'm almost up to a year with consecutive logins, which is a long time to be playing the same game.