Castle

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Hat should have been a fedora or something imo. It felt more like they were referencing noir the entire time. I like this angle b/c they're finally giving him credit as intelligent rather than just comic relief.

I thought the bit at the end where they were "impressed" was wrong though. I thought it was clear to both parties that this was the case beforehand. That felt like exposition for the audience that wasn't true to the characters.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
the fedora would have worked as well, just not as "goofy"

during the commercials prior to the show, i saw him with the sherlock had and magnifying glass and cringed internally at what they might do to get THAT scene...when it was actually cute and fairly romantic.

oh saw it posted by someone in the industry on a castle forum that castle's new office is apparently a permanent set, like the loft/precinct etc. most likely built where kate's apartment set was.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I liked the noir detective Castle a ton. I hope they keep it going in that direction. Richard Castle Private Dick.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
oh industry news in an interview for TV line:
paul lee- abc president- says that castle "will be coming back" while not an official renewal announcement, it looks extremely good for the show:

article:Cancellation Talk | TVLine

pertinent quote from article:
As for another of ABC's longer-running dramas, Lee told me that with Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic's contracts due to expire this spring, "We love Castle, we love those two, and we want to see Castle on the air for many years to come." Though not officially announcing a Season 8 renewal, he ventured to say, "It will be coming back." (But again, not a formal pick-up, yet.)

Raes

Vyemm Raider
So he had a "Captain Castle" nameplate on his desk. Firefly reference or him sticking it to the captain of the precinct?
The nameplate was a prop from the 70's episode 12th precint makeover. The old mob guy assumed Castle was the captain and Kate was a rookie. It's on Castle's fake desk at the precint.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I'm finally caught up with the show after falling off the train near the end of season 6. The quality of the episodes has definitely been a bit inconsistent, but I've still mostly enjoyed them. Looking forward to what I guess is a final resolution of the 3XK plot starting next week. They could leave it vague again I guess, but I really think it would get tiresome if they brought him back yet again if they do indeed go forward with more seasons.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
ya it'll be interesting, is that the real 3xk or it is a body double that dr nieman makes.

does kate get kidnapped, does SHE have a body double... stay tuned for mondays (and next monday's 2 part episode)...

i've liked the PI arc. it's been decent, i hated how they kicked him to the curb at the precinct, however, i've liked the episodes.

one HUGE thing they missed last episode was...that would have been a great time for a call back reference to episode 100(ricks rear window episode) but it was never ever referenced.

well that and rick not calling 911....

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
advance screener of 7x15 is out...

advance word from those not enthralled with the series since the 6x23 fiasco is..it is damn good.

apparently Dark Castle Returns (think Castle in the Apartment with the driver in Target..few comments say that he is..darker)

sneak peak is out ~1 minute..of..daaaammmnnn don't piss off castle.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If they don't explain how/when he planted the tooth I'm going to be pissed. I enjoy his portrayal of 3XK but sometimes they go a little too far with his super genius planning shit.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
They do not explain the tooth..... However.. Damn.

well ding Dong Tyson is dead.... Espo sniper shot-castle allowed Tyson to "trap" himself, whileespo was outside..." no no I lured you, you have the shot? Take it." Bam. Tyson dead."

Then Kate frees her hand... Neiman.... Well... She is dead too

Really good episode....

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well I'm both glad and sad that Tyson is dead, because it really would be pretty fucking tired and rehashed if they brought him back yet again, but I really like the actor who played him and thought he did a fantastic job. Beckett butchering Dr Niemann with the scalpel was pretty fucking amazing too.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
GAVIN the guy who plays tyson is/was in the series sirens, its on netflix (no idea if it was a netflix show or something else), i watched the pilot and it was decent-some SICK/funny humor.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Sirens was produced by Dennis Leary. Fun show, kinda came out of nowhere.

Back on topic. Wow that was a great 2 parter.