Castle

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
While I did enjoy this weeks episode, I could not stop thinking that it would have been a great story ark. You don't just drop something like that and wrap it up so quick. They at least dropped hints for what Beckett's thing is a while back.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
lol yeah, introduce origin story and then wrap it up in one episode is pretty dumb.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
naw if you think about it, they did it wayyyy back in season 2...he just lied about the story,. and hollander woods came up in episode 2 of this season.

they COULD have left it open but chose not too.

heck they have had beckett becoming a senator bit since season 6....

oh one rumor popping up since stana posted her coming back tweet, people are reading into it that she was NOT going to come back unless they made a change up front...

"I'm so pleased to announce that, after talking with out new show runners, Terence Paul Winter and Alexi Hawley (both of whom I've had the pleasure of working with on the show before) I'm excited about the future plans for Beckett and delighted to be returning for a Season 8 of Castle.
people are reading that as.. i was not going to sign UNTIL those two told me their plans for next season and i liked what i heard.....

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I thought about that though. Just thought it could have been more epic.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I kind of hope she runs for Senator, because that would be another confirmation that one dude REALLY WAS FROM THE FUTURE!!!

*edit*

I also was about to mention that the whole 'its inadmissible if I break in but if you break in while im out in the car and on speaker phone with you its totally ok' was a complete farce, but then I decided I wouldn't try to nitpick law enforcement procedure on a tv drama.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
just a bit of an update as to the status of the Cast

1- Stana Katic has Signed
smile.png

however a couple of days ago this hit:

Penny Johnson- despite being signed for next season - is out as Capt. Victoria Gates. ie new captain next year- Probably Beckett...

i Do not think the Current Show Runners are going to use the Senator story line much beyond an episode. honestly the fallout from 6x23 made her almost un-electable.
other than that, the fact that they ARE changing the cast means they are trying to distance themselves from the marlowe/amann tenure and "reboot" the series...be interesting as to what is coming episode wise.

i'm cautiously optomistic (spelling) about this upcoming season, if they can recapture the "FEEL" of season's 2-4 episode wise it would bode well for further seasons.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So is the season going to be very very dull, or are they just going to constantly manufacture reasons for the Captain to be out investigating cases instead of staying at the precinct like the captain should?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You mean like how Castle got involved in every single case Beckett was on even though he was a "PI LOL"?

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
just a fyi they did the "order" for all their shows for this season, Castle is going to have a full 22 episode season (rumors had it at a 11-15 half season)

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
First spoiler for the season...

first "episode" is a 2 parter. titles are apparently xx and xy (and no, no rumor about the obvious boy/girl type title ie pregnancy)

you can address her as Captain Kate Beckett- she gets Gates's job running the 12th.
also they have bracken case coming up in episode 1 (revenge, him getting murdered, whatever)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well I'm glad they're getting back to that, the kidnapping shit was just a complete bust.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
not much they can do

since the guy is in jail but speculation has revenge on the table...esp if you see the look he gives at the end of veritas... while arrested, remember the dude RAN a huge drug operation, plus politics, plus owned-part- of a security firm that employeed ex special forces personel

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They'd sorta have to go back to his PI work if Beckett is going to be captain of the precinct. The captain isn't out solving cases every day

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
guest star coming in episode 5ish...

Adam Baldwin is Returning .... Detective Slaughter...........