CFB 2013-2014

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Somewhere there is an agitated man in a sweater vest wondering why selling an autograph is worth 30 minutes while selling a pair of gold football pants was worth several games to his players and eventually his job, heh.

This whole issue has turned into such a joke. End the indentured servitude that is taking place in minor league football!
Yup, and tOSU was literally,literallyon the frontpage and opening story of ESPN every fucking day, every fucking hour, for weeks upon weeks upon weeks. Nonstop. I was on campus: they had news vans PARKED outside 24/7. I'm serious. And all the talking heads were condemning everything Tressel and OSU - for fucking tattoos and selling gold pants. Where's the coverage of Manziel, of Oregon, of Miami? of UNC? of Alabama oversigning 100 players every year? Nowhere, nada.

ESPN is concerned their cash cow is coming to an end, and OSU/Fox1 is gonna give it to them hard.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Les Miles being Les Miles. On the Les Miles show tonight he said LSU was going to change things up offensively and suprise people and "run the play action out of the run formation".

Ok then.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Les Miles being Les Miles. On the Les Miles show tonight he said LSU was going to change things up offensively and suprise people and "run the play action out of the run formation".

Ok then.
Les is going to revolutionize football.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
Is anyone honestly surprised by this outcome? At this point I just hope the Money Badger pulls a sharpie out of his sock and signs the football after he scores his first touchdown. Might as well really rub it in. Not even gonna feign outrage over the hypocrisy with regards to the OSU situation, idiots shouldn't have inked a money trail all over their arms.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Not even gonna feign outrage over the hypocrisy with regards to the OSU situation, idiots shouldn't have inked a money trail all over their arms.
OSU always gets treated differently, held to a higher standard. I'm not even gonna touch Newton or Oregon.

The tattoos proved nothing. Ed Rife's testimony as a convicted criminal should carry less weight than the discredited memorabilia dealer that said he paid Johnny.

Ohio State was operating too clean on this stuff to their own detriment. The modus operandi for OSU has been to suspend the players and make them prove innocence. While others employ and facilitate lie til you die.

Being honest with the NCAA was a mistake for OSU. It brought zero leniency and in fact we got worse than precedent afforded. Lesson learned.

And that lesson is to actuallybe non-compliant. OSU got shit all over because they self-reported and told the truth. Pryor and company admitted what they did and compliance self-reported the violations.

Don't take favors or services like tattoos, etc but just take cash, leave no audit trail, lawyer up and admit no wrongdoing, then the school's compliance dept can equally do the same.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
LOL you had me nodding until this part and you just had to go Alex Jones on us.
That's certainly the impetus for why ESPN has been hammering OSU the past few years, no question. If you read the details of what went on in the negotiations between ESPN and the B1G contractually, it makes for a hilarious story. The internal memos at ESPN without a doubt fit that narrative.

I'm guessing once there's enough market penetration, Delany's plan is to abandon ESPN entirely.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Well it's more than a 1/2 game suspension, he also has to give a talk to the team about what he learned.
Here is the entirety of his talk about "what he learned about the NCAA"
the-hangover-o.gif

Numbers_sl

shitlord
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/fe...pe.php?ref=fpb

A midshipman testified Wednesday that she didn't remember being sexually assaulted by three former Navy football players after a night of heavy drinking, but she said one of the men told her she had sex with him and another accused player.

The woman, who is now a senior at the U.S. Naval Academy, testified for more than two hours at the Washington Navy Yard at a hearing to determine whether the three midshipmen will face court-martial. She described a night of drinking in her room at the academy with a friend before going to the toga-themed party in April 2012 at an off-campus house in Annapolis, Md.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Donated a little money to a local charity that was having a raffle for season tickets. They called and I won a pair. So far I have 150+ emails and a ton of phone messages asking what I am going to do with the tickets.

South Carolina could probably hang up 100 points here. As an ACC school person I even have to say...stop scheduling our basketball conference asses for these season openers. The embarrassment is no good to anyone.