Sparkletot Monger
IMG_0638.JPG

Some of my favorite beans

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I've become more of a tea drinker nowadays, but I used to really like Cafe Bustello.
View attachment 119311
Not able to grind my own beans as easily anymore so started buying ground coffee and bought this stuff because of this thread. It's not nearly as bad as I was thinking it was gonna be, solid recommendation.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I always thought Cafe Bustello was shit tier coffee, slightly above Folgers. I'm surprised to see it being recommended.

On the other hand, the Cafe Bustello can makes a great swear jar if you're friends with a super hero and own a barber shop in the hood.

• 1Like

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I bought an aeropress last week after i shattered my French press for the last time. I've been drinking Starbucks cafe Verona for years, and now I feel like it's time to buy whole bean and grind fresh each morning. What's a good readily available (i.e., from Amazon) coffee to start with? I lean towards darker/richer varieties. Thanks in advance.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I bought an aeropress last week after i shattered my French press for the last time. I've been drinking Starbucks cafe Verona for years, and now I feel like it's time to buy whole bean and grind fresh each morning. What's a good readily available (i.e., from Amazon) coffee to start with? I lean towards darker/richer varieties. Thanks in advance.
Does it have to be from Amazon?

I love Creamery from Ruby: Creamery Seasonal Blend

It's my everyday coffee. I'll start picking up something else to make cold-brew with later though.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I'll definitely check that out, thanks. I just ordered a manual burr grinder and a three pack of whole bean coffees from kicking horse to get me started. I have that Ruby and Caribou next on my short list.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'll definitely check that out, thanks. I just ordered a manual burr grinder and a three pack of whole bean coffees from kicking horse to get me started. I have that Ruby and Caribou next on my short list.
I love caribou, but there is better stuff if you're getting it mailed to you.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I recently ordered the BB from these guys...have not received yet, but hoping for goodness.
Coffee

• 1Like

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I spent yesterday meth'ed out on caffeine after experimenting with 2 varieties of Kicking Horse, my new javapresse grinder and an aeropress. I can see how this gets to be a hobby

• 1Solidarity

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Finally got my aeropress... tempted to try it now but I'm out with the flu. Maybe mething out with a pourover is the right idea.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
So three days in and lots of trial and error with my aeropress, I've come up with a process that consistently makes a cup of coffee just the way I like it.

Measure out and grind 18g of dark roast beans
Heat water and let sit about 30 seconds after the boil
Sit aeropress on mug with mesh screen filter
Add coffee
Fill to 3
Allow for bloom, then stir 5-10 times (water will be down to 2 by now)
Top off back to 3 then press
Top off in mug (1-2 oz)

There are literally hundreds of videos on YouTube with various brew methods, but I've settled on the above as my go-to. Everyone has their own preference, of course, but this might help someone trying to tune their method to their taste.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure if you just used to be funny, or if my sense of humor has changed