College Football 2015-16

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
LSU pissed someone off this year. Another 11am start, against South Carolina. Blah.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Mizzou starting QB Maty Mauk suspended at least for the next game vs South Carolina for "violating team rules"

True Freshman Drew Lock to start. Elite 11 QB who had looked vastly superior to Mauk in the little playing time he had had this year so far.

Lock will be in the NFL in a few years, here's to hoping he can play as a freshman.

I could be a little biased though, Lock played his highschool ball basically across the street from my house. Great kid and amazing athlete.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
FUCKIN ROASTED NERDS

A&M regent wants to renew Texas rivalry to give Aggies a ?cupcake? game

?I am going to advocate that the Aggies play Texas again in the near future,? a posting to the Facebook page, by way of the Dallas Morning News, of A&M regent Tony Buzbee began. ?Because of our brutal SEC West schedule, where we play the likes of Alabama, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, LSU, etc., the Aggies need some cupcake games to rest and heal. In my view, Texas is just as weak if not weaker than the non-conference games we play, so we may as well play them.?
Didn't have time to get this in when it was more topical, but Texas' higher at AD will tell you everything you need to know about the program. Hire someone who is afraid to play A&M, and you know that Texas has finally accepted mediocrity as its long-term goal.

Borzak

It's not like A&M is king of the SEC either. I think so far they haven't finished higher than tied for 3rd in the West.

Borzak

Some interesting stats from the first 4 weeks of the season.

More than 20 stats that jump out through 4 weeks of college football

The only one for LSU was they are the only team to not have a turnover. Lots of interesting stuff.

- Seven teams are perfect on fourth down this season, including Florida being 10-for-10 and Miami (FL) being 5-for-5. The last team to finish perfect was 2011 Notre Dame, which went 7-for-7.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Had not realized how efficient Georgia's offense had been. I guess there is something to be said for having gotten rid of Mike Bobo. I wish Georgia would play LSU. Would make for an excellent game of the running backs. In my mind, Georgia's season really starts this weekend.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mine too! Our QB throws 60 yard bombs and 3 yard screen passes with the same velocity, and its always at least a foot over the receivers head.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Mizzou has found their QB for the next few years. Drew Lock looks like the best QB we've hade since Chase Daniel (yes, better than Blaine Gabbert)

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did you really expect a different outcome of this game?
I expected Texas to look competent. They aren't just getting beat by a better team, they can't even execute the simplest things. You would think Texas has the talent of a Div II program. Just poorly coached to an insane level.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
They've been August and September darlings for years. For the last X years they've been a 1 or 0 loss team going into October. I'm sure reality is on its way, just like every year.
Just like every year? Are you new to college football within the last 3 -4 years or something?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Just like every year? Are you new to college football within the last 3 -4 years or something?
To be fair, it's not just Michigan. The vast majority of teams have a better record in Sept than they do the rest of the year, because the start of the season is where the easy non-con games get stacked for most teams.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
South Carolina's QB is atrocious. They're going to be lucky to win a single game in the SEC this year. Maybe Vandy. Maybe.