Community

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea, I don't get the hate for episode 2. I thought that was an interesting episode, maybe not the funniest ever, but pretty cool overall. Same with episode 3, but to a lesser extent. 1, 4 and 6 were the least funny, but only episode 1 and 6 were 'boring' to me. I still enjoyed watching the other episodes.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
One thing that's becoming more evident to me the more I watch this season is that the writing is far less subtle than it used to be. It's like the writers want to make sure we get the jokes, so you get things like Jeff kissing Chang's ex and then exclaiming, "This should bother you because she's the love of your life!" or Annie setting up getting Troy to be the bad cop. Harmon wouldn't have needed Chang to shout "Chang out!" into a phone to get us to realize that he wasn't really Kevin. It was pretty evident when he rounded the corner, his face changed, and then he started talking into the phone.

It's like they can't have a studio audience reacting to what's going on, so the writers have to constantly be like, "Eh, get it? Get it?" Perhaps it was just the documentary format, but this episode really suffered from this the most.

Yea, I don't get the hate for episode 2. I thought that was an interesting episode, maybe not the funniest ever, but pretty cool overall. Same with episode 3, but to a lesser extent. 1, 4 and 6 were the least funny, but only episode 1 and 6 were 'boring' to me. I still enjoyed watching the other episodes.
The Halloween episode had a lot to live up to compared to past seasons', but for me, it was just that it was too zany and over-the-top. I think a lot of it had to do with how unrealistic Pierce's mansion was.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Episode sucked, heavy handed and not even remotely funny, the whole Chang arc just keeps getting more and more absurd.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One thing that's becoming more evident to me the more I watch this season is that the writing is far less subtle than it used to be.
Yeah. I'd wager this is the episode that made Chevy Chase flip out about his character and say "What's next, am I gonna say American Inventor!?"

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
The Halloween episode had a lot to live up to compared to past seasons', but for me, it was just that it was too zany and over-the-top. I think a lot of it had to do with how unrealistic Pierce's mansion was.
I think that's exactly why I liked it, the show has never been overly realistic now..
smile.png
Pierce's mansion being so crazy was what was interesting. It was like an adult playhouse, which fits his character's stunted emotional growth.

smile.png

smile.png

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was just being snarky, but looking at the episode list on IMDB I don't think 3 was particularly more zany than 2. They weren't quite as GOOD as season 2, but I'd say a list of wackiness for both seasons would be pretty close. I don't think the problem was so much MORE crazy stuff as it was not as good crazy stuff.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Whale story and Jeff/Pierce didn't do much for me, but Abed's instant frat and the P.E.E. class were both funny.
I thought the Pierce stuff was good because it was more reminiscent of S1 where he was a likeable character.

The episode had some weird cuts to closeups of character faces to fit in jokes, as if they weren't there during the original filming or something.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
There are 2-3 frames there where you can see into her soul and realize that she is dead inside.
That's when I came.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I still don't understand why everyone wants Pierces character to be nice and likeable. My favorite episode with him in it was the Dungeons and Dragons episode where he went ultra evil. "I rape the Ducane family......again" That shit was great.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who said they want him to be nice and likeable? Adding a little more to the character than the generic bigot he's devolved in to is not the same as people wanting him to be Joey Tribbiani.