Community

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
While this episode had the characters acting more "normally," it was pretty devoid of humor for the most part.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
imo best part of the episode was Britta swinging out of the window in her bra and panties.

spronk

FPS noob
the chick hitting on jeff was six from BSG, right?

I wonder how things went off screen between chevy chase and the rest of the cast. you could almost feel none of them wanting to talk to him on screen, like he's the family pedophile or something

community's been downhill a while but parks & rec has been really hitting it out of the park this season, double episodes this week were just brilliant.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Last two episodes were fine, especially the convention one. Not Remedial Chaos Theory but still good and with plenty of laughs. Unless you are sitting there with a notebook determined to hate it before it starts and cataloging everything it does wrong.

In the AVClub review of the first episode the writer made a good point. Sometimes you just grow away from a show. After that episode I was thinking that was happening here for me, but the last two were good enough that I'm not going anywhere. Sounds like some of you need to just pull the cord and go though, it's not gonna make you happy like it used to so stop torturing yourselves.

Or don't, whatever. It's a sitcom, hatewatch that shit like it's season 6 of Weeds.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think the reason the show still feels off to me is that we have yet to have an episode that really takes place in Greendale. The first episode was the closest, but that largely took place in Abed's head in the form of a sitcom, then the second episode was in Pierce's manor, and the third was at Inspecticon. Prior to this episode, there were only a handful of episodes that didn't take place at the college and most of those were just at Troy and Abed's apartment. How much of this season have we seen them sitting around the table or in class?

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
Think that's the first time I've ever heard someone express the sentiment that a show just doesn't have enough bottle episodes...

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think the reason the show still feels off to me is that we have yet to have an episode that really takes place in Greendale. The first episode was the closest, but that largely took place in Abed's head in the form of a sitcom, then the second episode was in Pierce's manor, and the third was at Inspecticon. Prior to this episode, there were only a handful of episodes that didn't take place at the college and most of those were just at Troy and Abed's apartment. How much of this season have we seen them sitting around the table or in class?
This. Something really feels off about the show and I think this is it.

I am still enjoying it tho. Needs more Chang.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Why do people have the impression that the 1st episode this season spent so much time in Abed's head? It was not the majority of the episode.

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
Im not all that upset about Chevey leaving, I was more upset when I heard that Dan Harmon was being replaced. With Dan gone the show and characters have changed. now dont get me wrong i believe that character growth is important for any show, but at this rate and the intensity of the change, its almost like the creators are casting new characters!

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I chuckled at Hogan's Villains.

I'm rapidly losing any interest in getting one joke (maybe) per episode.

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
rrr_img_15621.jpg
CHANG!

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I chuckled at Hogan's Villains.

I'm rapidly losing any interest in getting one joke (maybe) per episode.
Yeah, it's getting rough. My chuckles were Annie's immediate cleavage coverage after Malcolm Mcdowell's admittance(actually Malcolm Mcdowell was great all episode) and Chase's insistence that he be Hitler. I found the latter hilarious.

Actually the flashbacks where the group had been pissing people off were pretty good too. Garrett's outrage at not being able to use the study room he signed for when the group lost a pen was great.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, it's getting rough. My chuckles were Annie's immediate cleavage coverage after Malcolm Mcdowell's admittance(actually Malcolm Mcdowell was great all episode) and Chase's insistence that he be Hitler. I found the latter hilarious.

Actually the flashbacks where the group had been pissing people off were pretty good too. Garrett's outrage at not being able to use the study room he signed for when the group lost a pen was great.
During the pen episode everyone else was watching the puppy parade. Also when that episode happened it was nowhere near finals time! omg community follow your own continuity rabble rabble rabble!

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Well I certainly can't argue that.

Did anyone else get the impression they wrote this episode hoping Nick Kroll would return?

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
omg community follow your own continuity rabble rabble rabble!
1) They didn't even bother putting Jeff into the same outfits from those earlier episodes.
2) Don't get me started on how many episodes Cornelius living with Pierce contradicts. Though the S&M roomwasmentioned way back.

Am I offended by it? No, Am I annoyed that, not having seen some of those episodes in years, at the drop of a hat I can point out the problems the new guys running the show don't notice? Yep.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Joke that annoyed me the most (and I'm too lazy to look up the actual phrasing):

Malcolm McDowell: My name is Professor Cornwallis, and yes, I know what you're all thinking: I am the direct descendent of General Charles Cornwallis, the man who surrendered and ended the Revolutionary War.
Troy: Was anyone thinking that?
Everyone else: No.

28282272.jpg

I know there was another joke that they felt the need to explain, but I can't remember what it was.

That said, the Dean still kills it, in my opinion. I really hope that when Community ends, he gets another show, because he has some of the best comedic timing on television currently.