Crowfall

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
And yes, you have been shilling this garbage for a long time. But you are a nice guy here. So.. for what it's worth.

Yeah, I could see where I look like I am pushing this project pretty hard.

Originally (Back in the kickstarter) Draegen was updating this section pretty regularly.
I enjoy the tests (Even though I am not a huge fan of the combat) and wanted to keep this forum up to date.

Other than that, who knows if this will work. (But I have liked some of the ideas implemented)

But I have no real experience or history with Gordon like you do.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
No prob buddy. :) yeah the dude is a giant douchebag. Hopefully you find some fun in the game at some point.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's getting there but still lots of work to be done

12 hour live twitch feed today

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
The idea of campaigns that begin and end is pretty cool. Like a shadowbane during the fun part , and restarting before the monopolies and sploits shit over everything. However the combat looks pretty terrible. I can understand the budget graphics. Hopefully this campaign idea gets copied by someone with a better budget and sense of how to make fun gameplay

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The idea of campaigns that begin and end is pretty cool. Like a shadowbane during the fun part , and restarting before the monopolies and sploits shit over everything. However the combat looks pretty terrible. I can understand the budget graphics. Hopefully this campaign idea gets copied by someone with a better budget and sense of how to make fun gameplay

Only problem was they tried this during Shadowbane and the interesting didnt last more than a couple weeks before everyone just left the server. It will be interesting to see how it does in this game.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Only problem was they tried this during Shadowbane and the interesting didnt last more than a couple weeks before everyone just left the server. It will be interesting to see how it does in this game.

Yea that's the idea though, just kill campaigns/worlds when they go south.

That said the big difference is that in Crowfall the world collapses around you vs. just alliances/resources/whatever becoming entrenched. So we'll see if that concept ever gets realized but you could have a sweet ass stable kingdom with your megaguild and then you break off into the ocean like California should and that changes the dynamics significantly.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully this campaign idea gets copied by someone with a better management of said budget and sense of how to make fun gameplay by someone who hasn't dicked over the consumer for years and has an Ego the size of Manhatten

FTFY.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tried the new build for a bit. I have not done much of the big world testing. It was interesting but too laggy to get much done, maybe later on in the weekend I will give another try. It did have a major survival feel at the start with all the mine the trees, and get some fruit, and use the logs, to make a tool, to mine the stone, to get the rock, to make a pick, to get the ore, to make the knife, circle jerk.

It is progressing though, not sure if I will like it or not but it is progressing.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I guess you don't like food

The People's Republic of California has highly satisfactory sustenance. .8L/day of it assigned per person. You must attend indoctrination training daily to receive your meal ticket authorization.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hmm played a bit last night with the Templar on the Scorn east Pvp server.

Very alpha, I am not sure how much I like the movement after playing Wow and Black Desert so much these last few months. But it is functional. The basic gameplay for now is you show up naked and have to make gear and friends.

You can summon a spirit axe and can use the axe to get wood to make a hammer to break rocks to get the stone to make a pick for ore. If you die the winner gets your spoils. Anything in inventory can be looted but equipped items are safe.

It is very much at the moment an alpha but the base of it is kinda fun. The stress you feel as you are getting more better + gooder tools to get more better + gooder mats is kinda nerve wracking overall. Since they have a passive time based skills system and wipes are regular you drink potions to boost crafting skills. So you have to mine more ore since of course the gathering potions are 10 friggen minutes long. Which means you have to get more wood and stone since your tools break all the damn time while mining the damn ore to get the potions.

If that sounds circular it is. And while making a basic greyish weapon/armor is easy it leaves you in crap gear, striving to make something better. And here the RNG comes in. 74% chance to make a potion that will give you 20 minutes of + gooder crafting skill so you can make your 4 gathering potions (which require 2 ore each) that last 10 minutes.

Then the friendly pvp comes by and ganks you and takes all your hard won ore and the small potions stockpile you made, all while laughing at your beaten down corpse because you have no friends.

So I make a friend. Who is of course clueless about how to do anything. And he starts asking questions while my 10 friggen minute potions of fuck you very much are burning about what does this do?

Then I get ganked losing all my hard won shit again and my new friend kills off the weakened ganker and has all of my shit, but he can't trade it to me due to it being alpha so we go looking for a headstone that he can deposit the stuff into and I can loot it out of like a fucking savage.

So i get my 10 minute potions all up, and go smacking the high quality rocks. And my pick breaks. FFFFfffffffuuuuucckkk.

Of course I need to make a new pick which requires a few potions to make them properly. Which I need ore for with a broken pick.

Okay I get a new even betterer pick make woo +46 in the gooder scale of white gear woohoo!.

I have 2 minutes left on my 10 minute potions and no good ore in sight...... and here come the ganker again.

Wow is looking better and better, I have more grey hair and I am wondering if I am getting too old for this shit, yet I keep going back and logging on.

Because the frustration is oddly kinda fun, in a masochistic sort of way. I am getting faster in making the potions to make the potions after looting the ore and making the picks and hammers and axes. With no map I know where the gold and silver and tin spawns are, along with the gankers who wait for me to make them rich again. I have swapped bodies and classes 4 times now and my bank is getting more full with the always important green and blue + gooderer ore and stone and wood. Soon I will be able to make a weapon that will rival the gods in well.. shit really because I don't have enough mats due to needing a two handed sowrd and that needs like 90+ fucking ore to make the 2 pommels, two hand guards and two cross guards just to make the fucking hilt fuck you fuck fuck fuck...

Oh and servers are coming down..

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Whoa! That sounds like the complete opposite of fun to me.

Hard, tedious and challenging, but definitely not fun.