Cyberpunk 2077

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Berserk is better than sandevistan now, provided you're ok with it being purely for melee. Also, the screen effect is pretty annoying if you don't use a mod on PC to remove it. Biodyne is the best one too, don't be fooled by Militech being Iconic tier. And the biggest problem of all with using anything besides a cyberdeck is not being able to hack shit. With a berserk or sandevistan equipped you miss out on a vast majority of the eddies in the game. I just can't see using them for like 2/3 of the game until you've bought everything you're ever going to need.
I am going more HAM than I need to but I pretty much stop and kill any gang members with the yellow mark above them. As it is fun, takes <1 minute and gets me mats and eddies.

I am completely overflowing with money even early on in the game. As doing this also gives you skill progression shards and cyberware capacity shards. As far as I can tell enemies like this drop them randomly. Even if its like 3 gang members that's going to be a bunch of mats and 5k+ eddies if they have a cash shard on them.

• 1Moron
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Havent played this since release, but is there a good viable stealth/silencer/snipe build still? That was my jam.
You can easily play sniper in this game, so I imagine that a stealth/silencer version would be just more easy kill. Once you get a certain sniper gun that allows you to shoot through walls, it becomes pretty easy. The hard part is just getting up to that point. I was level 53 when I stopped. This allows you to max 3 trees in stats. They made the game fun because you can become, The Killing God of Doom, if you play it long enough.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
There's a strong appeal to playing the game going minimalist "just trying to survive" type of a netrunner. IMO.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Play how you want. "Playing this way is the right way" is by far the stupidest shit to go on about.
It's a CDPR game, so you can break the game with just about any build. About the only difference between builds is how far into the game you get before they make everything trivial even on Very Hard.

I still wouldn't try monowire or the rocket pea-shooter arm though. And if you want a real challenge, I guess that's what Chrome Compressor is there for. Doesn't sound like much fun though.
I am going more HAM than I need to but I pretty much stop and kill any gang members with the yellow mark above them. As it is fun, takes <1 minute and gets me mats and eddies.

I am completely overflowing with money even early on in the game. As doing this also gives you skill progression shards and cyberware capacity shards. As far as I can tell enemies like this drop them randomly. Even if its like 3 gang members that's going to be a bunch of mats and 5k+ eddies if they have a cash shard on them.
The early game is definitely much easier. I remember being shocked that I was able to pay off Vic like an hour or so after I first met him when I started up my 2.0 playthrough. It got tight again once I was able to buy and upgrade a lot of things though, and that was even making sure I looted all the really expensive cyberware that can be gotten for free from airdrops instead. Without hacking for profit I think it'd be pretty rough unless you do a lot of grinding.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
It's a CDPR game, so you can break the game with just about any build. About the only difference between builds is how far into the game you get before they make everything trivial even on Very Hard.

I still wouldn't try monowire or the rocket pea-shooter arm though. And if you want a real challenge, I guess that's what Chrome Compressor is there for. Doesn't sound like much fun though.

The early game is definitely much easier. I remember being shocked that I was able to pay off Vic like an hour or so after I first met him when I started up my 2.0 playthrough. It got tight again once I was able to buy and upgrade a lot of things though, and that was even making sure I looted all the really expensive cyberware that can be gotten for free from airdrops instead. Without hacking for profit I think it'd be pretty rough unless you do a lot of grinding.
Money really is no object in this game if you are like me and can't pass up a single quest point. I've cleared out Watson, Westbrook and the Badlands of quests and am sitting at 1.5 million eddies. Still have Heywood, Santo Domingo, Pacifica and City Center to go. And I haven't even started the DLC yet.

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Money really is no object in this game if you are like me and can't pass up a single quest point. I've cleared out Watson, Westbrook and the Badlands of quests and am sitting at 1.5 million eddies. Still have Heywood, Santo Domingo, Pacifica and City Center to go. And I haven't even started the DLC yet.
Are you sitting at 1.5 and own every vehicle and apartment in the game?

Money is not an issue....

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Are you sitting at 1.5 and own every vehicle and apartment in the game?

Money is not an issue....
No. I haven't really bought anything yet. But that's more than enough to buy everything especially with 4 more zones of side quests to complete

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am not even remotely autistic enough to buy every single vehicle I won't use.

• 1Like

Vorph

I bought them all. Not sure why, since they nerfed or screwed up the handling of almost all the best cars (Rattler, Coyote, etc.) to shit in 2.0 and there's really only two things worth using (Jackie's Tuned Arch and the Caliburn...both free) now. For some reason I just kept doing those missions for Dino and whenever I'd rack up a decent discount I felt the need to buy something no matter how useless it was.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I know they improved the driving in this since I played it but I found the starter car from the Nomads, I think the Rattler? Yeah thats the one I found that controlled the best, imo. Pretty quick too and small. There was a quest later on in the junk yard to get it back.

Vorph

I know they improved the driving in this since I played it but I found the starter car from the Nomads, I think the Rattler? Yeah thats the one I found that controlled the best, imo. Pretty quick too and small. There was a quest later on in the junk yard to get it back.
That used to be my second favorite car after the Coyote, but they did something to all the Nomad cars in 2.0. They're really squirrelly now; weaving through traffic used to be super easy but now I always end up crashing and it's much easier to wipe out offroad too. Not sure about the Rattler, but the Coyote had its top speed gimped a bit too.

There's probably a driving mod to improve the handling or at least revert everything back to how it was pre-2.0, but back when PL released I bought it for XSX first and didn't double dip on the PC version until a few months later when I upgraded to a new CPU and GPU.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
That used to be my second favorite car after the Coyote, but they did something to all the Nomad cars in 2.0. They're really squirrelly now; weaving through traffic used to be super easy but now I always end up crashing and it's much easier to wipe out offroad too. Not sure about the Rattler, but the Coyote had its top speed gimped a bit too.

There's probably a driving mod to improve the handling or at least revert everything back to how it was pre-2.0, but back when PL released I bought it for XSX first and didn't double dip on the PC version until a few months later when I upgraded to a new CPU and GPU.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Coyote still felt good to me, along with the super rear happy Hoonigan car. Those were both my favorite cars.

Vorph

I am going to respec into stealth cool/intelligence for the DLC portion.
I would strongly advise against that, at least not until after one particular section at the beginning of the DLC where stealth and netrunning are completely useless, and brute force is the only way through it.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I would strongly advise against that, at least not until after one particular section at the beginning of the DLC where stealth and netrunning are completely useless, and brute force is the only way through it.
I'll dump into smart weapons so I am not completely useless.

• 1Like