Cyberpunk 2077

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'll dump into smart weapons so I am not completely useless.
Yep, that's how I made it through that section too. It was really rough even with a couple Yinglongs and the SMG Fun perk. Definitely bring a smart sniper, though it may or may not actually work. They introduced a bug with smart sniper targeting in 2.0 that doesn't appear to have been fixed as of 2.12, unless it wasn't important enough to make the patch notes.

Also, make sure you're at least level 30 before you even think about going to Dogtown. If you pass through the very first area without being at least 30 the legendary cyberware capacity shard doesn't spawn and never will even if you come back after 30.
I went cool, body and tech.
Just about to start a new playthrough once I check and see if there's any must-have mods. Going 20 tech (pretty much mandatory for every build now) and 15's across the board for the rest. Definitely want to try using throwing knives, I think that's the only weapon/style that I haven't played yet.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'll dump into smart weapons so I am not completely useless.
The hardest trash encounters and boss of the entire game are in the opening of the DLC, it's serious buisness.

Stay with your current spec.

You should be OK trying something else once you've met Idris Elba.

I found that netrunning in particular was not viable on very hard for some of the encounters.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Figures they drop a new patch the day I decide to start playing again, and it breaks CET and pretty much everything else that isn't just a visual mod.

FSR 3.1 support is nice to have though I guess.

• 1Truth!

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Figures they drop a new patch the day I decide to start playing again, and it breaks CET and pretty much everything else that isn't just a visual mod.

FSR 3.1 support is nice to have though I guess.
Came here to post this. I was really enjoying my modded out playthru that is now completely borked. Wife was like ' just play a different game' , I didn't hit her but I did well think about it. (not really).

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Just found this, cannot take credit. It works though

1. Launch GOG Galaxy App
2. From Owned Games
a. Select Cyberpunk 2077
b. Select the settings button
c. From the Menu select Manage Installation
d. Select Configure
3. From the Installation Tab
a. Uncheck Automatically update to the newest version
b. Select the version you wish to rollback to
c. Click ok
4. Wait

Also used this as an excuse to pick up the 2 steam games that are on sale (see thread)

• 1Like

Vorph

Steam can be rolled back too, but it's a fair bit more complicated.

I think I'll just wait, CET will probably be updated quickly and once it works again most everything else will too. Really don't want to give up FSR 3.1 since it allows me to play with everything on Ultra including RT and with FSR on quality the artifacts are minimal compared to how nice the game looks with ray-tracing on.

• 1Like

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Replaying this for the first time since whatever patch it was that changed everything. Mid 40s in lvl and haven't done the dlc yet, still enjoying clearing everything.

Quick hacks seems slightly less powerful, but I've got just over 4 ram per kill on cyberware (and the 250% Regen below 3). So I can basically spam overheat/short circuit as needed. I'm also using the projectile launch system with all its upgrades. I almost never fire a weapon, but when I do it's a smg.

Also encountered a weird bug where call vehicle ceases working (PS5). Stealing a car, saving while in it, and reloading fixes it for some weird reason...in case anyone else has had that problem on console.

Vorph

CET, RED4ext, ArchiveXL, and Codeware have all been updated for 2.13 now, so that should cover pretty much any mod people were using.

• 2Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I had everything set up and I was getting 70-144fps on 7900xtx , I'll stay downgraded until I'm done with the game. Then I'll delete it 100% and in 4-5 years when I decide to have playthrough 4 I'll reload all the mods. That truly pissed me off.

Burns

No its what they added last patch. AMD version of frame generation. Except it works on ALL cards.
Funny thing is that NVidia's DLSS wont work on my NVidia 970GTX but FSR 3.0 will. It made a huge difference on the 1 modern game I played that had it available (Ghost of Tsushima).

FSR 2.X was pretty shitty on Starfield though.

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
So uh, I bought this game when it launched, was buggy shit never even got out of tutorial. but because I'm dumb and liked witcher 3 I didn't refund it hoping they would eventually fix it.

Sounds like they did and that there's even some good dlc for it now.

So for a player starting up for really the first time what is recommended? Play the vanilla game? Or should I Start with dlc?

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Vanilla if you have not played it. Why would you start at dlc? also, unless you bought this shit for a PS4 or some shit, this game was never "Broken"or "Buggy as shit". Me and many others here played through the whole game on PC and PS5 just fine when it was released.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
So for a player starting up for really the first time what is recommended? Play the vanilla game? Or should I Start with dlc?

DLC is integrated into the main game as a quest line, so just get the DLC then start a new game.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ya, DLC runs concurrently with the main story. There really isn't a reason to not get it if you like the game

• 2Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
My only recommendation is don’t jump into the DLC (you get a call from someone to meet them at the Dogtown entry gate) before like level 20. It has an extremely spiked difficulty boss during its intro sequence.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So uh, I bought this game when it launched, was buggy shit never even got out of tutorial. but because I'm dumb and liked witcher 3 I didn't refund it hoping they would eventually fix it.

Sounds like they did and that there's even some good dlc for it now.

dlc is the best part of this shit game

• 2Edgelord
  • 2Faggotry
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 7 users