Cyberpunk 2077

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you don't start a new game you can expect to be way short on cyberware capacity compared to someone who started a fresh game. I found it confusing as hell trying to retool my L50 characters too. I could probably do it easily enough now that I've played a fresh character, but it was info overload when 2.0 first dropped.

Old skills don't convert to new skills very well either. Like even having all the old ones maxed for a particular stat only gets you rank 30 of 60 in the new system.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
COX-2 Cybersomatic Optimizer

I'm pretty sure the COX-2 is bugged and doing 100% damage increase instead of 10% as well. You can try to be fancy chaining different quickhacks onto mobs, but my base synapse was 7-8k, more health than any mob had. Fighting a boss mob, putting a non-combat quick hack onto them before the synapse made it like 26k and would one tap them as well.

Your link says it gives 100% crit chance ?

faille

Molten Core Raider
Started up a new game and all but Solo and Engineer are already maxed.
Kinda glad I don't need to jump through hopes leveling everything up, but the ones I do have to aren't the sort of gameplay I was wanted.

Playing on Hard so far and there's very little challenge. Just starting the heist after clearing out all the gigs, without spending any attribute or perk points. I can only imagine it getting easier once I start speccing. I should probably switch it up to very hard, but not sure if it makes it truly challenging or just annoying with insta gibbing if I put a foot wrong.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
It's doing something like +1000% damage for a critical quickhack instead of +100% or something. Saw a video of someone one-shotting Adam Smasher for like 60K with synapse burnout.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Very hard makes the heavily scripted chase scenes almost impossible. Mainly the one in the nomad start, and the one from the heist. Bumping difficulty down to hard was enough to get by. Very hard just scaled things too high in terms of enemy hp and damage.

Other than that it forces you to be sneaky for a while until you get a few skill tree pieces going for a decent build.

I have been having fun with it.

One thing I have noticed however is the A.I. tends to have a rather short tether. Enemies will bunch up at corners and doors once they reach their limit. Which means you can cheese stuff with grenades and cover. I wish the A.I. would just continue advancing and flanking and eventually surround you if you stay in one spot.

Speaking of A.I., had a really fun interaction with an ncpd assault in progress early on. Walked up, choked the first guy out, get into shoot out with the others. Spills into the street. It's dark. I suddenly take shots from another angle. I return fire, land a few head shots and downed the guy. Turns out it was a cop. Shit. Two cruisers suddenly roll up and dump a bunch of cops out, I run up some stairs and hide. Criminals I had started fighting end up in a big shoot out with the police, by the time it's all over almost everyone is dead. I guess that's one way to call for back up.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
It guarantees a crit, but it also has .5% quickhack damage per point in int (10% at 20 int). Someone was thinking the bonus quickhack damage is decimal point error'd and doing 5% per point in int (100%).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Very hard makes the heavily scripted chase scenes almost impossible. Mainly the one in the nomad start, and the one from the heist. Bumping difficulty down to hard was enough to get by. Very hard just scaled things too high in terms of enemy hp and damage.
Yeah, the few scripted car shooting bits are fucking stupid on very hard. The final Johnny flashback chase is just RNG if you survive for more than 4 seconds to respond. They take you to 50% before you even get to shoot back at them.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you don't start a new game you can expect to be way short on cyberware capacity compared to someone who started a fresh game. I found it confusing as hell trying to retool my L50 characters too. I could probably do it easily enough now that I've played a fresh character, but it was info overload when 2.0 first dropped.

Old skills don't convert to new skills very well either. Like even having all the old ones maxed for a particular stat only gets you rank 30 of 60 in the new system.
Making sure I understand you - so best way is to play through the original content again before entering the new content?

Vorph

Making sure I understand you - so best way is to play through the original content again before entering the new content?
No, I just mean it really is a good idea to start fresh in 2.0. I wouldn't necessarily make a beeline for Dogtown gates, I think I was about L40 with the starter mission for each main NPC + all of the Voodoo Boys stuff done. Seemed like a good time to head there. Then I left and went back to Night City once I reached another "wait for _______ to call" stage, which is always my cue to switch up NPCs rather than just sleeping for 3 days.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Playing on Hard so far and there's very little challenge. Just starting the heist after clearing out all the gigs, without spending any attribute or perk points. I can only imagine it getting easier once I start speccing. I should probably switch it up to very hard, but not sure if it makes it truly challenging or just annoying with insta gibbing if I put a foot wrong.
You get more exp for higher difficulty, which kinda defeats the point of higher difficulty a little.

The DLC missions are insane from the start, there's some very long encounters and a boss battle from a famous anime.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been rewatching old source material related content for Cyberpunk lately, and am seriously hoping they bring in some of the other gangs in the future. Some of the poser gangs like the Prime-Time Players would be hilarious if they could somehow get rights to have the cast of Jerry Seinfeld or Full House lend their likeness to a bunch of ball bustin street toughs. The Bozos would be cool just to watch my wife crawl out of her skin since she hates clowns, and they could do something fun with The Philharmonic Vampires.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When you mention source material it makes me reflect on how weird I find it that Nomad and Corporates are Archetypes rather than Character Classes. It's years since I played Cyberpunk 2020 but you used to have Solos, Netrunners, Techies, Nomads, Corporates, Fixers, Rockerboys, and even Cops as roles. The only real archetype that crosses over into a playstyle is Nomad, Streetkid and Corpo have almost no ramifications whatsoever aside from a couple of specific quests.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Having classes would have worked great if you were a legitimate nobody in night city. But you are V, you have a specific role to play out.

I would have preferred a game where you make your own way and can align yourself with any of the iconic factions/figures as you amass your rep and eddies. Eventually buy property/set up a base and become a fixture of the place yourself.

But that's a completely different style of game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
When you mention source material it makes me reflect on how weird I find it that Nomad and Corporates are Archetypes rather than Character Classes. It's years since I played Cyberpunk 2020 but you used to have Solos, Netrunners, Techies, Nomads, Corporates, Fixers, Rockerboys, and even Cops as roles. The only real archetype that crosses over into a playstyle is Nomad, Streetkid and Corpo have almost no ramifications whatsoever aside from a couple of specific quests.
The Roles in Cyberpunk had abilities tied to them that didn't really go well into a video game. They are better off the way they did it here. Plus the game would have to have super massive amounts of choice and specialty quests. Like wtf would you be doing as a Media or Rockerboy in this game.

Vorph

Wow, not only didn't this new patch fix any of the major bugs I was experiencing on Series X, it actually made things worse. More than half of my inventory icons are blank now, and the 3 cyberware capacity I was missing has now ballooned to 19... WTF?

• 1Worf

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Wow, not only didn't this new patch fix any of the major bugs I was experiencing on Series X, it actually made things worse. More than half of my inventory icons are blank now, and the 3 cyberware capacity I was missing has now ballooned to 19... WTF?
No mention of cyberware capacity drop rate in the notes either. Womp womp.

Vorph

No mention of cyberware capacity drop rate in the notes either. Womp womp.
I still believe that cyberware cap shards are a fixed drop like perk shards, and the real bug is that they just aren't 100% drops as they should be.

This inventory icon bug is the fucking worst though. Literally the only quickhack in my list that isn't blank is Bait.

Cyberpunk 2077-2023_10_05-14-25-00.png

• 1WTF

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I still believe that cyberware cap shards are a fixed drop like perk shards, and the real bug is that they just aren't 100% drops as they should be.

This inventory icon bug is the fucking worst though. Literally the only quickhack in my list that isn't blank is Bait.

View attachment 493667
Could this be a bug resulting from tossing saves back and forth from PC to XBox?

Vorph

Could this be a bug resulting from tossing saves back and forth from PC to XBox?
No, people are raging about it over on reddit. They completely botched the Xbox patch, doesn't even look like they pushed the correct version (2.0.0.5 instead of 2.0.1). You'd think MS cert would have caught it at least, considering how long that shit delays patch releases sometimes.

• 1Like