Dark Souls 3

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I try to beat most of the bosses with out a summons. I've done a few summons for quests requirements but that is it.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I played through the game entirely solo the first time through. It is not even remotely the same experience when played with an NPC helper, let alone with an actual player. I have been running with a couple of co-workers through the game recently, and the absolutely shit-show that is boss fights with -any- help is down right depressing. It is most definitely not the same experience, and you are really doing a disservice to yourself by using helpers on any boss fight, period.

The game is so much better when played solo. The boss fights are a joke when even -one- person is assisting you and isn't completely braindead.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Trying to do Rotten to complete the Lucatiel quest was 10 times harder. She liked to die a lot. But it does make some bosses a lot easier.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have not fought any bosses with summons either. Didn't even know about it for the longest time. It just seemed to trivialize bosses. I just happened to finish onion bro's quest line for Yhorm.

In fact, all I have equipped are my sword, armor, Estus bottle, and white bone shard for tele. I don't even use sword oils.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I watched some Dark Soul speedruns and can someone explain me how the Dragon Tooth kills a boss in 5-10 seconds? He just walks up to the boss, weapon kinda wiggles a bit and the boss dies from the massive damage output.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Man, the boss music in these games is so good.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Finally got the hang of this game and I am wrecking shit.

Fuck yah son!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I watched some Dark Soul speedruns and can someone explain me how the Dragon Tooth kills a boss in 5-10 seconds? He just walks up to the boss, weapon kinda wiggles a bit and the boss dies from the massive damage output.

You have to pay attention to the patch numbers for the speed runs; before the first expac for Dark Souls 1, there were some pretty easy to exploit bugs. One involved using parry animations to get past doors or go out of bounds, another had something to do with ladder animations being off, and then there were some really bugged weapons. Dragon Tooth had some strange scaling issue that would cause it to do absurd damage in one cycle, and I think another was that the tooth has some of the highest damage and can be gotten somewhat early and there was a damage bonus stacking deal going on.

Basically, bugs and shit!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So I am getting annoyed at the lack of upgrades for shit. I upgraded my starting weapon a TON before I even found another weapon that wasn't a piece of shit... and that I actually wanted to use.

What's up with that?

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I am getting annoyed at the lack of upgrades for shit. I upgraded my starting weapon a TON before I even found another weapon that wasn't a piece of shit... and that I actually wanted to use.

What's up with that?
If you went with knight, there isn't a straight sword that outperforms long sword (unless you do a luck build with Anri's straight sword). What are your stats? You can try using black knight sword or fume ultra great sword.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Did all the boss's solo, ended up doing Lucatiel/Benhart via bonfire ascetic( Rotten x3, then Mirror Knight x3 during 2nd play thru)

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm getting stressed out just watching that video.

• 1Solidarity

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I think it preloaded the DLC on Steam along with some huge balance changes today. Had a 7ish gig dowload and browsing the reddit Dark Souls 3 page it looks like Ultra great swords are great again, heavy armor got buffed, r1 dark sword spam got nerfed.