Dark Souls 3

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It's been killing me but I am waiting for the game of the year edition to come out and buy it for PC.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I fired up DS2 to do the DLCs, since I never did them and after hours of Nioh, I keep chugging my fucking Estus flasks when I want to attack. Getting my ass kicked too. I think I need to finish Nioh first, so I can retrain my muscle memory!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I finished Iron Crown last weekend. I need to start Ivory this week. Then I can finish the game.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I still stand by it. All the hidden/bonus fights in the DS2 DLCs were total bullshit. Only fitting the greatest dlc has the greatest bit of bullshit in it.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Started a new game, pumped to 30 str and tried Vordt's Great Hammer. Two hits and it causes frost damage very nice.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Game updated on steam now with a 8gb patch. DLC activates in 4 hours? Thought this was due in April, but says march 28th now.

Not finished this. Played it for around 30 hours earlier, but stopped when I got a new computer. Started it again, but figured I'd wait for the last DLC. Only lit the Firelink shrine on the new character. Have some souls goodness incoming now!

Went assassin. Any tips of must do/don't things from veterans of DS3 now as I am basically starting fresh? EDIT: Is magic/pyro or both viable?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Game updated on steam now with a 8gb patch. DLC activates in 4 hours? Thought this was due in April, but says march 28th now.

Not finished this. Played it for around 30 hours earlier, but stopped when I got a new computer. Started it again, but figured I'd wait for the last DLC. Only lit the Firelink shrine on the new character. Have some souls goodness incoming now!

Went assassin. Any tips of must do/don't things from veterans of DS3 now as I am basically starting fresh? EDIT: Is magic/pyro or both viable?

Yes and yes, more so Pyro then magic until end game where arguably magic is better due to lazy beam spell. You can essentially go pyro from start and then switch to magic/mix if you end up liking the spells. Other than that I say catch up on the patch notes.

Currently using the Fume Ultrasword on my fourth playthrough, I might stick with it into NG+ this time.
The thrust attack for 800+ is so good, just killed Pontif and on my way to the marriage ending. I just need to pump endurance because I am basically naked so I can be at 69.8% weight with that stupidly heavy Fume sword.
Previous runs include sword/board, pyro/mage, dagger/parry.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Yes and yes, more so Pyro then magic until end game where arguably magic is better due to lazy beam spell. You can essentially go pyro from start and then switch to magic/mix if you end up liking the spells. Other than that I say catch up on the patch notes.

Currently using the Fume Ultrasword on my fourth playthrough, I might stick with it into NG+ this time.
The thrust attack for 800+ is so good, just killed Pontif and on my way to the marriage ending. I just need to pump endurance because I am basically naked so I can be at 69.8% weight with that stupidly heavy Fume sword.
Previous runs include sword/board, pyro/mage, dagger/parry.

Thanks :) Will probably end up pyro/magic then, with slight dex for some bow cheese sniping! (IE: Shoot first dragon with lots of arrows to get it to fly away or snipe crabs too large to fit in doorways)

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I disagree just based on the boss fights and reindeer land.

That part is optional and arguable the worst designed crap ever to exist in a Souls Game (outside of maybe Blight Town on a PC). I did it once and never attempted it on another playthrough. All of the other stuff in the DLCs was extremely fun and awesome. The temple with the water shit at the bottom and poison dragon fight were some of the best dungeon crawling in an action RPG ever.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Hexes still garbage on dis? Heard they buffed a couple weps / heavy armor, good start lol.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
DLC is out now. Man, it's taking me a little to get used to the Dark Souls control layout after playing Nioh.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So how big is this xpac compared to the last one? After DS2 I feel kind of spoiled with the xpacs and the last one was kind of lacking on content.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Stayed up late to try and get the dual greatswords, found myself rushing through and dying too much so I had to call it. F those angel things that endlessly blast lasers at you.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Stayed up late to try and get the dual greatswords, found myself rushing through and dying too much so I had to call it. F those angel things that endlessly blast lasers at you.

I offered to give ya some stuff last night; I got those at +4

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It always amazes me when watching streamers on how many don't use a bow to pull mobs in this series. Shit, you can body pull some mobs and not get the other one too so a bow isn't required sometimes.