Dave Chappelle

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Let's assume there's this pod of southern conservative closeted racists out there and we are going set their 2nd Amendment rights in conflict with legal mass black gun ownership.

"They'll just shoot each other even more than they already do. Who cares."

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, no. Dave's right on that one. Pretty sure if every black person who could legally own a weapon started going out and getting them, a LOT of conservatives, especially the southern ones would start ammending shit real quick.

Really? I would have see statistics on that one.

Without any stats I would say that if you turned these "Gun Free Zones" into places where legal gun owners could CC or even open carry you would see a LOT less shootings of any type, sure you would see the random shootings but the impact would be a LOT less and...even better...you would see a drastic drop in gun crime in black neighborhoods (after a few homies got fucking railed for trying to shoot up a kids / bloc party).

I mean shit even in the joke about gun control Dave basically admits to being redpilled into buying a gun.

---

Person came onto his property and he was left holding his dick.

RUNS to the gun store and buys a shotty and ammo.

Person comes back that night and he shoots them with bird shot.

OH SHI- they aren't cracky chan they are methy bob!

Shoot with buck shot.

"More black people should buy guns that way them whites crack down on guns!"

---

But dave...if whites cracked down on guns you'd be methy bobs victim. No, I'm good with you owning a gun Dave, even if you use it to shoot a white coked out meth head.

I think a MAJOR disconnect that blacks and whites have is that Blacks think that whites have the same racial connection to other whites JUST because they are white that blacks have with eachother (or seemingly do).

Bitch, I don't give a fuck if Fred is abusing opioids just as I don't give a fuck if Jamal is abusing opioids. You all can thank the civil rights era and beyond for whites having no social racial pride.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
California
California
California

giphy.gif

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, not exactly Alabama. But the govt was split between Republicans and dems at the time, it required a 2/3rds vote by a body controlled by dems and a signature of a Republican governor. And the NRA not only didnt work against it, they are given credit for it passing. The point being, when you hear guys like Chappelle and Killer Miker talking about this, it actually happened, not that long ago, and all the groups that should have been lined up to protect those constitutional rights were the very ones who enacted the bill. It isnt just theorycrafting.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I understand it but I don't like how these specials are filmed over multiple days/nights. It always fucking bugs me seeing someone else sitting in the front row during the same joke but different camera angles.

Dave Chapelle is awesome - 10 out of 10.

It is without a doubt a good time for laughing and the best that netflix payed him for.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
As someone who has lived in the south for 40 years no one here gives a damn if a black person has guns. Pretty much every country black here does and no one is petitioning changing the 2A. It is part of the problem of not realizing how integrated the south really is. (that is a very lazy way to say that but I’m on phone so will take my hits) People down here expect most people to own guns and to have grown up around them while having a respect for gun safety and ownership. Having guns just isn’t ‘a thing’ here, no one cares. I’d also say with confidence that goes for rural areas of any state. If the bit included encouraging every inner city black / gang member to go out and legally by guns that’d be different. No one wants white meth heads to own guns but they’re mostly out in the mountains or back woods, so I can avoid them.

This is what I get trying to make a point on a phone.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Watched this a few night ago.

Was above average. You guys are letting starvation tell you that shit sandwich is a rib eye.

Dave has always given off the shit bag racism vibe, was in this with the items already mentioned.

I did get several real laughs out of it.

Maybe 7/10?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So you'd give a shit sandwich a 7 out of 10?

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Was good. Dave is really proving how much low hanging fruit is out there for people with the balls to lambast this outrage/SJW culture. Everyone is terrified of doing it, so much so that it works in their favor--literally just talking about some of this stuff is funny in that "oh no, did he just say that?" kind of way. All comedy is, is delivering a truth people don't expect to hear but knew before you said it. (Bill Burr and Aries Spears are the only ones really doing this in terms of social issues now).

He was also pretty even with the sides he was playing, which good Comedians should be (Giving a little to everyone). Pretty solid. Its fucking sad there is a back lash against this though, absolutely nothing he said should be controversial in a comedy routines.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Was good. Dave is really proving how much low hanging fruit is out there for people with the balls to lambast this outrage/SJW culture. Everyone is terrified of doing it, so much so that it works in their favor--literally just talking about some of this stuff is funny in that "oh no, did he just say that?" kind of way. All comedy is, is delivering a truth people don't expect to hear but knew before you said it. (Bill Burr and Aries Spears are the only ones really doing this in terms of social issues now).

He was also pretty even with the sides he was playing, which good Comedians should be (Giving a little to everyone). Pretty solid. Its fucking sad there is a back lash against this though, absolutely nothing he said should be controversial in a comedy routines.
This is just run-of-the-mill standard stuff for the 80's but its been so long since someone delivered it without flinching, ala Trump, that it looks like Stunning and Brave Above Average Genius. And maybe for today, it is. That should tell you just how far down the road we are toward self-imposed speech codes implemented by the Neo-Puritan Marxist Left.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Good standup, funny shit. Slightly controversial within normal bounds, nothing out of the ordinary compared to what I've seen lately about it.

Stopped reading and watching some review after a minute. The mere suggestion of 'should we or shouldn't we' allow comedy because you find it controversial is the death of comedy.

Fuck off.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I laughed. Comedy has not made me laugh since, oh before you were born.

On the southerner gun thing :

Grew up SE of New Orleans: didn’t care about black people gun ownership.

Live in New Orleans now. Everyone already has a gun to protect themselves from black kids with guns. Hope more black peoples get guns to shoot the juvies that break in.

Side note numba 2! My wife is from the town that Chappelle lives in Ohio and he’s absolutely right about the heroin problem up there.

I brought my kid to one of the parks while visiting and it’s full of wife beaters, menthols, and regerts

Last edited:

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had previously thought Dave Chappelle was overrated. That his comedy lacked refinement. I respected him. Half Baked came out when I was a youngster discovering weed, and times were good. but. this last special was impeccable, of the best I've ever seen in any comedian.

With this and the latest Aziz Ansari, I'm noticing comedians are filling a Ted Talk/Motivational Speaker/ mindfulness niche.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, no. Dave's right on that one. Pretty sure if every black person who could legally own a weapon started going out and getting them, a LOT of conservatives, especially the southern ones would start ammending shit real quick.
What the fuck are you talking about? I'd love it if everyone owned a legal firearm and joined a club.

edit: On-topic on two fronts. I wish I'd seen this video before putting the needle in my arm. Just saw this a few days ago.

Last edited:

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

He's not "conservative" in his beliefs. He's just old. That's what most conservatives are. Old people. They don't understand new shit and they have nostalgia for the old shit so they think the old shit is the 'right' way.

You should probably stick to streaming Apex since your racial opinions are fucking garbage.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users