Deadpool & Wolverine

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
because big budget films were flopping a few months ago. then InsideOut2 and it made a ton of money, Twisters is doing well. so the year started weak. now i'm not sure. so 1b could happen.

Big budget woke films led by darkies and trannies and girl bosses were flopping.

This is the first white man movie to come out in a while.

I didn't see twisters but isn't it a politically neutral white guy-girl windy rom-com?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Big budget woke films led by darkies and trannies and girl bosses were flopping.

This is the first white man movie to come out in a while.

I didn't see twisters but isn't it a politically neutral white guy-girl windy rom-com?
i havent seen it yet. i thought Fall Guy was supposed to be about a white male stuntman and it flopped hard. not sure. havent seen that either.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
The Fall Guy didn't flop hard
Fall Guy made $175m globally on a budget of $125m-$150m before advertising, which generally roughly equals at least 50% of marketing, so its pretty easy to say The Fall Guy flopped hard.

Was it a bad movie? I heard it was pretty good but still.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
He was talking about being surprised that Inside out 2 is a hit, which is a retarded stance when the original Inside out did 850 million at the box office and was a huge hit. Why the fuck would you be surprised the second one was successful?
My bad. I didn't see your bolding and thought you were talking about the Deadpool series.

DickTrickle

The Fall Guy didn't flop hard
A movie that doesn't even come close to making back its budget and marketing spend theatrically is definitely a flop.

Thought fall guy was made for streaming and just got a token theater release.

It was given a full wide release. I don't know why you think it would be made for streaming when none of the major streaming services were partnered with the film.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
My bad. I didn't see your bolding and thought you were talking about the Deadpool series.
Yeah. I thought we were talking about the first dp too. Inside out did well, but it's been ten years and Pixar had been putting out bombs for the last five years. Was a pleasant surprise that they did something right and this wasn't about period monsters or whatever the fuck Turning Red was.

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
A movie that doesn't even come close to making back its budget and marketing spend theatrically is definitely a flop.

It was given a full wide release. I don't know why you think it would be made for streaming when none of the major streaming services were partnered with the film.

Maybe I'm confusing it with another one of those stupid 80s remakes. People aren't falling for any more of that nostalgia bait. It certainly felt like it was made for streaming.

DickTrickle

Maybe I'm confusing it with another one of those stupid 80s remakes. People aren't falling for any more of that nostalgia bait. It certainly felt like it was made for streaming.
Yeah, you're thinking of Road House I'm guessing.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
office-space-michael.gif

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Will this be the first marvel movie I see since No Way Home? In theaters even?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Will this be the first marvel movie I see since No Way Home? In theaters even?
Are you planning on going back under a rock? Of course you go and see this movie. As a movie and Marvel fan, I want to support the movies that are actually made right. Recently very few movies have been worth the price of admission. This one happens to be one of the few that is.

• 2Like

Caeden

Are you planning on going back under a rock? Of course you go and see this movie. As a movie and Marvel fan, I want to support the movies that are actually made right. Recently very few movies have been worth the price of admission. This one happens to be one of the few that is.
I have two kids so even a movie turns into a costly night out with babysitters. I guess I could leave the wife at home….

In general, even the best movies are too expensive to justify what I paid. It was that way before marvel turned to shit though.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I have two kids so even a movie turns into a costly night out with babysitters. I guess I could leave the wife at home….

In general, even the best movies are too expensive to justify what I paid. It was that way before marvel turned to shit though.
I would say bring the kids to a matinee, but, umm, yeah. Take a day off or an extra long lunch and go to a matinee solo?

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

I will not super hype this movie. I have not seen it yet. That being said, it has been a long time since I have actually been excited about going to the theater to watch a movie. Infinity Wars and Endgame were the last time I was this hyped(That included Top Gun Maverick). Come Saturday evening I will be more than happy to report whether or not this movie is worth every bit of the hype.

• 1Like

Caeden

I would say bring the kids to a matinee, but, umm, yeah. Take a day off or an extra long lunch and go to a matinee solo?
I have engaged my one dad buddy in a potential screening. Now just to get tits up drunk before coming home.

plus date nights are recharge nights for us so without a babysitter we don’t bother. Took the kids to see SMB and it was almost a disaster. I have two “do-ers” who hate sitting a full movie but will dig in dirt for 8 hours straight. I’m not about to discourage that behavior.

• 2Like