Deadpool & Wolverine

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Someone was promised 1b. Only way to explain the exorbitant second wave of marketing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Someone was promised 1b. Only way to explain the exorbitant second wave of marketing.
The sad thing is, if this doesn't blast a billion dollars and just 800 or so million, it's going to be considered a flop because they did spend a crazy amount on marketing it. God knows what they really spent on production+marketing. 400 million? 500 million? More?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The sad thing is, if this doesn't blast a billion dollars and just 800 or so million, it's going to be considered a flop because they did spend a crazy amount on marketing it. God knows what they really spent on production+marketing. 400 million? 500 million? More?

It does seem like there's some catch to it.

Not MCU, but Star Wars was put on a several year hiatus by Disney simply because it "wasn't the right type of billion" and got beaten by Joker.

I'd expect some pull back in budgets if this "flops" by Disney's standards, which very well likely is 800m.

• 1Like

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Seems to just copy the unfortunate No Way Home formula: Use multiverse as an excuse for as many forced fan-service cameos as possible.

The No Way Home success, or at least the urge to ape the idea, seems to have ruined pretty much any and all attempts to do anything useful ever with the multiverse concept.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm seeing it regardless on Saturday. If is stays true to certain comics I will love it. I feel like if they never showed wolverine in the yellow suit it would have been a bigger moment

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It does seem like there's some catch to it.

Not MCU, but Star Wars was put on a several year hiatus by Disney simply because it "wasn't the right type of billion" and got beaten by Joker.

I'd expect some pull back in budgets if this "flops" by Disney's standards, which very well likely is 800m.
of course this will be nothing compared to what they have already spent making and remaking and re-remaking Captain Black America. that ones probably going to end up costing 500-600 million in final cost production + marketing. that turkey is already destined to flop along with Thunderbolts.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
BTW the cam copy is up on the high seas already.
Morena Baccarin, Mist and a lot of men's favorite short haired chick, i forgot that she's in this.

Spoilers
Kinda stupid to add TVA in this as part of the plot, not everyone watched Loki[/spoilers]

Yeah it slows down. To much talking. Yackety yack yack, get with the movie. Fuck.
final summary.

yeah its OK. big complaint, it just goes on way too long. i know a lot here love Ryan Reynolds, but i think 2 hours is too much time to indulge him with screen time. Jackman was excellent throughout. the cameos were fun at some points. it would have been a much better film if they made it a 20 minutes shorter and cut out some of the dialogue. i need to watch Logan, i shouldnt have missed it. ive seen every other Wolverine film.

Last edited:
  • 3Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
of course this will be nothing compared to what they have already spent making and remaking and re-remaking Captain Black America. that ones probably going to end up costing 500-600 million in final cost production + marketing. that turkey is already destined to flop along with Thunderbolts.

DEI projects get a wide berth. Tantrums get thrown when stuff like Solo happens.

Captain America losing a billion would get another sequel with Mackie. Star Wars does 400m "Shit, cancel all projects".

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's OK, 1 >> 3 > 2 for me. DP2 with annoying stuff replaced by boring stuff (which I tolerate easier), and WV instead of Cable.
Pacing issues, over the top action and then 5+min of talking talking talking, repeat. Crap villain, same problem as DP2. RR talks too much, tryharding for 10 zingers per minute, and often it doesn't land.
I actually liked the old guys, reminded me of Expendables, and what they did when Chris Evans showed up (that was probably the most funny part for me).

• 1Like

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
BTW the cam copy is up on the high seas already.
Morena Baccarin, Mist and a lot of men's favorite short haired chick, i forgot that she's in this.

Spoilers
Kinda stupid to add TVA in this as part of the plot, not everyone watched Loki[/spoilers]

Yeah it slows down. To much talking. Yackety yack yack, get with the movie. Fuck.
final summary.

yeah its OK. big complaint, it just goes on way too long. i know a lot here love Ryan Reynolds, but i think 2 hours is too much time to indulge him with screen time. Jackman was excellent throughout. the cameos were fun at some points. it would have been a much better film if they made it a 20 minutes shorter and cut out some of the dialogue. i need to watch Logan, i shouldnt have missed it. ive seen every other Wolverine film.

Normally this would have got a Picard for not seeing Logan which is Picard worthy because of the amount of utter dross you watch. But you watched your usual 240p cam copy and also avoided being a hypocritical Disney funding douchebag

velk

Trakanon Raider
Eh, I was kind of disappointed - it's not bad, probably somewhere a bit better than decent, but not really good.

It's funny, has good action, good acting and the like but my main complaint is probably that it has no real soul. Stripping away the ( mostly pretty funny ) jokes and skewering of disney etc, it's pretty much a completely generic superhero movie.

If you have seen it - think about it - if Deadpool was replaced completely with, say, Spiderman or Batman or the Punisher would any part of the plot ( not the dialogue obviously ) need to be rewritten ? I'd argue that it wouldn't.

Visual gags were also pretty under-par - there were as many 'ooh marvel hero superhero awe flex flex' style scenes as funny ones, and of the funny ones none came even remotely close to the genius of the first move. ( 'He was like that when I got here!' )

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Normally this would have got a Picard for not seeing Logan which is Picard worthy because of the amount of utter dross you watch. But you watched your usual 240p cam copy and also avoided being a hypocritical Disney funding douchebag
its not unwatchable and i come from the generation of kids who wanted to see the Playboy channel or some other movie on cable, but we didnt have a sub to that channel so we watched the scrambled channel anyway for that one moment every minute when the screen stabilizes and you can watch some of the movie.
deadpool.jpg

watchable.

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
its not unwatchable and i come from the generation of kids who wanted to see the Playboy channel or some other movie on cable, but we didnt have a sub to that channel so we watched the scrambled channel anyway for that one moment every minute when the screen stabilizes and you can watch some of the movie.

It's always the low quality audio that ruins it for me. I put some money into my audio system and just can't stomach cams.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Eh, I was kind of disappointed - it's not bad, probably somewhere a bit better than decent, but not really good.

It's funny, has good action, good acting and the like but my main complaint is probably that it has no real soul. Stripping away the ( mostly pretty funny ) jokes and skewering of disney etc, it's pretty much a completely generic superhero movie.

If you have seen it - think about it - if Deadpool was replaced completely with, say, Spiderman or Batman or the Punisher would any part of the plot ( not the dialogue obviously ) need to be rewritten ? I'd argue that it wouldn't.

Visual gags were also pretty under-par - there were as many 'ooh marvel hero superhero awe flex flex' style scenes as funny ones, and of the funny ones none came even remotely close to the genius of the first move. ( 'He was like that when I got here!' )
It was just a movie. Not good not bad. Just.

Still, far better than anything else they've put out in a long time.

Up Next: Captain America: New World Dry Cleaning.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
I Am watching that right now,,, it is fucking hilarious, hugh CANNOT do hot sauce. and ryan either.. they chickened out on the last dab at the end.

but their faces once they got past the fifth...rofl

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
its not unwatchable and i come from the generation of kids who wanted to see the Playboy channel or some other movie on cable, but we didnt have a sub to that channel so we watched the scrambled channel anyway for that one moment every minute when the screen stabilizes and you can watch some of the movie

I read this post whilst taking a shit in the disabled toilet of a large furniture store. I was shopping for a new sofa because the middle cushion (master listening position) of mine is as depressed as BoozeCube BoozeCube was when he made that reddit post. Despite having a selection of nice cinema sofas with middle consoles and an assortment of nice 2 seater/2 cushion sofas I can only buy a sofa with a middle cushion as I refuse to sit off centre to make sure I'm dead centre of my 7.1.4 surround setup.

So yeah, watching a cam version of anything is a hard limit. The only exception was Rise of Skywalker because I was truly done with Disney Star Wars by that point.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I read this post whilst taking a shit in the disabled toilet of a large furniture store. I was shopping for a new sofa because the middle cushion (master listening position) of mine is as depressed as BoozeCube BoozeCube was when he made that reddit post. Despite having a selection of nice cinema sofas with middle consoles and an assortment of nice 2 seater/2 cushion sofas I can only buy a sofa with a middle cushion as I refuse to sit off centre to make sure I'm dead centre of my 7.1.4 surround setup.

So yeah, watching a cam version of anything is a hard limit. The only exception was Rise of Skywalker because I was truly done with Disney Star Wars by that point.
thats nice, i dont care if you're comfortable, was just showing you that the cam for this was easily watchable.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's always the low quality audio that ruins it for me. I put some money into my audio system and just can't stomach cams.

Cams are worthless until they figure out a better way to capture audio with more fidelity. The tinny sound is atrocious, sound system or earbuds doesn't matter.