Deadpool & Wolverine

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Yea this was something the kids call "fun" Movies can be "fun", they don't always have to be deep or best picture winners.

Err, has anyone ever gone into a comic book movie expecting "deep" Oscar best picture contenders?

• 1Garbage
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
you already quoted the post where i explained it for the downs kids.

You said you missed Logan. That didn't explain why you've decided to watch the other wolverine spin offs you missed in reverse order

• 1Garbage
  • 1Dislike

Juvarisx

Florida
Err, has anyone ever gone into a comic book movie expecting "deep" Oscar best picture contenders?

No but the focus on story is a little surprising. I never felt either of the prior Deadpools had a deep story, they were movies carried by Deadpool himself (and Cable in the second film), they were not complicated or even original really, they were just films to enjoy watching characters try to put up with Deadpools antics. I thought the story was fine, it moved to characters forward which is all it needed to do since the focus was on DP and Wolverine + the cameos.

Last edited:

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Yes, The Dark Knight.

The fact that it got snubbed and didn't receive a best picture nom pissed enough people off so much that they changed the fucking rules on oscar nominations and implemented the "The Dark Knight" rule and expanded nominations from 4 to 10 so that there would be room for widely successful, culturally relevant films to be nominated instead of bullshit artsy fartsy faggot films that open in 2 theatres and make tens of dollars but just happened to be the right flavor of faggot progressivism that jews were looking for that year.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Yes, The Dark Knight.

The fact that it got snubbed and didn't receive a best picture nom pissed enough people off so much that they changed the fucking rules on oscar nominations and implemented the "The Dark Knight" rule and expanded nominations from 4 to 10 so that there would be room for widely successful, culturally relevant films to be nominated instead of bullshit artsy fartsy faggot films that open in 2 theatres and make tens of dollars but just happened to be the right flavor of faggot progressivism that jews were looking for that year.

Nolan's Batman movies are a great example but even MCU has done good stories, I felt Iron Man had a great one, and even stuff like Infinity War, but I consider the GoTG movies overall to have the best ones for the franchise. I expected that for James Gunn's films though, he has been writing good stories for a long time.

• 2Like

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Yes, The Dark Knight.

I thought about TDK but I dispute that people went into it thinking that a Batman Begins sequel would be a best picture contender and anything deeper than a comic book sequel

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I thought about TDK but I dispute that people went into it thinking that a Batman Begins sequel would be a best picture contender and anything deeper than a comic book sequel
Your dispute is noted and considered autistic.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Your dispute is noted and considered autistic.

In 2008 Christopher Nolan had only received one oscar nomination, in 2002 for Momento best screenplay. He also got a Golden Globe nomination for the Momento screenplay.

Batman Begins did get a best Cinematography Oscar nomination, but this was credited to his....cinematographer. Likewise, it was nominated for Baftas of best production design, best sound and best special visual effects - again none of which are credited to Nolan.

So going into TDK Nolan clearly didn't have the reputation that he has today - outside of Batman he'd only made 4 other films - 3 if you discount his debut feature which had a budget of $6000.

The original comment from Juvarisx Juvarisx seemed to be a rebuttal of the "weak storyline" comments which implied those comments were expecting something best picture worthy. It was a flawed rebuttal because after 16-17 years of MCU nobody would go in expecting a best picture contender or a deep storyline.

I am not autistic

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
In 2008 Christopher Nolan had only received one oscar nomination, in 2002 for Momento best screenplay. He also got a Golden Globe nomination for the Momento screenplay.

Batman Begins did get a best Cinematography Oscar nomination, but this was credited to his....cinematographer. Likewise, it was nominated for Baftas of best production design, best sound and best special visual effects - again none of which are credited to Nolan.

So going into TDK Nolan clearly didn't have the reputation that he has today - outside of Batman he'd only made 4 other films - 3 if you discount his debut feature which had a budget of $6000.

The original comment from Juvarisx Juvarisx seemed to be a rebuttal of the "weak storyline" comments which implied those comments were expecting something best picture worthy. It was a flawed rebuttal because after 16-17 years of MCU nobody would go in expecting a best picture contender or a deep storyline.

I am not autistic
Sorry Autismo, you want it one way

4ii9lkb3xdz61.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You said you missed Logan. That didn't explain why you've decided to watch the other wolverine spin offs you missed in reverse order
no, you quoted a later post where i said i was about finished with Logan before i realized i had missed The Wolverine. then i put The Wolverine on to find out why he's dying in Logan and all of a sudden has a daughter. i saw half last night and then went to bed. i will continue today when i have the chance. its not as good as Logan. no rush.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
oh you are expecting the movies to be sequels to one another and have interconnected plotlines? lol

X-Men Origins: Wolverine tells a very shitty version of the weapon X story
The Wolverine tells a very shitty version of wolverines adventures in Japan
Logan is an adaptation of the Old Man Logan storyline

He's 200+ years old, the story's are not connected at all.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I've been a part of these forums for many, many, many years and I've seen a lot of people say some STUPID shit, myself included! Everything from Millie to Sam and Kegkilla but this "whiteness and patriarchy" is far and away the dumbest, weak, most beta "I love to gargle cock" shit I've seen on these forums.
1000005382.jpg

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
oh you are expecting the movies to be sequels to one another and have interconnected plotlines? lol

Wiki says different.
Logan is a 2017 American superhero film starring Hugh Jackman as the titular character. It is the tenth film in the X-Men film series and the third and final installment in the Wolverine trilogy, following X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) and The Wolverine (2013). The film, which takes inspiration from the "Old Man Logan" comics storyline by Mark Millar and Steve McNiven, follows an aged Wolverine and an extremely ill Charles Xavier who must defend a young mutant named Laura from the Reavers led by Donald Pierce and Zander Rice. The film is produced by 20th Century Fox, Marvel Entertainment, TSG Entertainment and The Donners' Company, and distributed by 20th Century Fox. It is directed by James Mangold, who co-wrote the screenplay with Michael Green and Scott Frank from a story by Mangold. In addition to Jackman, the film also stars Patrick Stewart, Richard E. Grant, Boyd Holbrook, Stephen Merchant, and introduces Dafne Keen in her film debut as Laura.

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

Yes, the fox x men universe isn't consistent. That doesn't change the fact he watched the movie where Logan dies before watching the previous film that starts in ww2 and where he's still alive

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Wiki says different.
Logan is a 2017 American superhero film starring Hugh Jackman as the titular character. It is the tenth film in the X-Men film series and the third and final installment in the Wolverine trilogy, following X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) and The Wolverine (2013). The film, which takes inspiration from the "Old Man Logan" comics storyline by Mark Millar and Steve McNiven, follows an aged Wolverine and an extremely ill Charles Xavier who must defend a young mutant named Laura from the Reavers led by Donald Pierce and Zander Rice. The film is produced by 20th Century Fox, Marvel Entertainment, TSG Entertainment and The Donners' Company, and distributed by 20th Century Fox. It is directed by James Mangold, who co-wrote the screenplay with Michael Green and Scott Frank from a story by Mangold. In addition to Jackman, the film also stars Patrick Stewart, Richard E. Grant, Boyd Holbrook, Stephen Merchant, and introduces Dafne Keen in her film debut as Laura.
lol wtf are you talking about. The wiki doesn't say what you think it says.

For the record, Logan takes place in an alternate universe that is not the fox x-men universe. It also takes place in like 2027 or something, which at the time of the movie was a ways in the future but now not so much.

Wolverine as a character was popular enough to get 3 separate spin off movies but its revisionist history to assume they are a proper trilogy, just 2 failed attempts at making a stand alone spin off series and then a decent movie where they killed him and finally let him retire the character after playing him for 20 years.

But then he got a divorce and bitch took half so he suited up again for Deadpool and Wolverine

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yes, the fox x men universe isn't consistent. That doesn't change the fact he watched the movie where Logan dies before watching the previous film that starts in ww2 and where he's still alive
what does that matter? Pulp Fiction is out of order. 2 thirds through the movie, Vince Vega gets killed, but he's just fine by the time the credits roll. as long as you see the whole story. the order isnt important in which you see it. pretty sure i saw Chronicles of Riddick first before i realized that its the sequel to Pitch Black

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
what does that matter? Pulp Fiction is out of order. 2 thirds through the movie, Vince Vega gets killed, but he's just fine by the time the credits roll. as long as you see the whole story. the order isnt important in which you see it. pretty sure i saw Chronicles of Riddick first before i realized that its the sequel to Pitch Black

But why?

Why not just watch them in order?

I am not autistic