Deadpool & Wolverine

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Aren't you nerds in your 40s and 50s at this point? If you want to watch a movie just fucking pay for it like an adult instead of drumming up bullshit excuses to be thieves.

• 6Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 10 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
At least jerking off over Lady Deadpool in the trailer didn't turn out to be gay

• 1Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Aren't you nerds in your 40s and 50s at this point? If you want to watch a movie just fucking pay for it like an adult instead of drumming up bullshit excuses to be thieves.
only time I ever get to go to a a theatre is when a woman drags me to some bullshit romcom.

So yeah watched this via the high seas. imho my hype has been tempered as of this last week's marketing blitz and I was worried this was going to suck and...it's better than I expected, given my lower expectations. Better than 2, It's not as good as 1, but it's at least in the same ballpark. 1>3>2, and I think a lot of people will feel that way. TBH if they hadn't did this build up of marketing hype my expectations would of been higher, and I think it would have just hit them, or just slightly missed them, which would of lead to, idk, disappointment? But instead I am pleasantly surprised.

Basically this is a Solid 7/10 film when I was originally expecting an 8 or 9/10 but with the non-stop marketing drivel left me expecting a 5/10.

Stripping away the ( mostly pretty funny ) jokes and skewering of disney etc, it's pretty much a completely generic superhero movie.

If you have seen it - think about it - if Deadpool was replaced completely with, say, Spiderman or Batman or the Punisher would any part of the plot ( not the dialogue obviously ) need to be rewritten ? I'd argue that it wouldn't.
going to have to completely disagree with this statement here. The plot was not at all what I was expecting but this wouldn't have worked with any other character, at all. And that's saying a lot since the plot is effectively just season 1 of Loki.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Normally this would have got a Picard for not seeing Logan which is Picard worthy because of the amount of utter dross you watch. But you watched your usual 240p cam copy and also avoided being a hypocritical Disney funding douchebag
I don't know how I let this slip by me. I thought xmen origins wolverine was the previous film before Logan, nope I either never saw The Wolverine or I completely forgot about it. Now I'm almost done with Logan and been wondering what's wrong with him the whole time. This is actually a very good film. Better than this new movie with Deadpool.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pirating shit since Commodore 64 days it is baked in by this point.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Cast list over at imdb has some major spoilers but for the curious:
Blake Lively is lady death pool and matthew McConaughey is cowboy death pool. No I don't think he even spoke lol.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Pirating shit since Commodore 64 days it is baked in by this point.
It's a shitty cam copy. In a few months it will be free on D+ as a much better copy. I've been paying to see their Pixar, Marvel and other Disney films for over 30 years. They'll survive.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Normally this would have got a Picard for not seeing Logan which is Picard worthy because of the amount of utter dross you watch. But you watched your usual 240p cam copy and also avoided being a hypocritical Disney funding douchebag
Honestly, why is a dog fucker in this thread calling people out for funding Disney cause they are degenerates.
You are a worthless piece of human garbage and you should be standing against the wall right to your fellow degenerates at Disney.
Fuck you.

• 5Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 8 users

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Honestly, why is a dog fucker in this thread calling people out for funding Disney cause they are degenerates.
You are a worthless piece of human garbage and you should be standing against the wall right to your fellow degenerates at Disney.
Fuck you.

And what about the dengenerates that fund them? Whilst crying in every other thread about how woke Disney is etc etc

Give a man a fish and he can feed himself and his family for a day. Give a man a boat and net and he can feed his family everyday.

Give a man a dog and he can....

Give a man a movie studio, a streaming service and a monthly subscription and he can groom the entire planet.

• 1Solidarity

Sevens

Log Wizard
And what about the dengenerates that fund them? Whilst crying in every other thread about how woke Disney is etc etc

Give a man a fish and he can feed himself and his family for a day. Give a man a boat and net and he can feed his family everyday.

Give a man a dog and he can....

Give a man a movie studio, a streaming service and a monthly subscription and he can groom the entire planet.
God what a retard

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I don't know how I let this slip by me. I thought xmen origins wolverine was the previous film before Logan, nope I either never saw The Wolverine or I completely forgot about it. Now I'm almost done with Logan and been wondering what's wrong with him the whole time. This is actually a very good film. Better than this new movie with Deadpool.

Did you have the person who made the thread on ignore?

And can anyone confirm if this movie did "celebrate whiteness and the patriarchy" or was that more Bald Brah Bald Brah nonsense like "dune 2 is woke because of close ups of zendaya frowning"

Last edited:
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I saw it last night as part of our work group, and I enjoyed it. Since I have a hard time passing up free dinner, drinks, and a movie I'm sure I will keep going to them, but I think I'm about done going on my own dime ever again. It was fucking hot in the IMAX, and I could smell the sweaty nerds all around me. And I'd be bankrupt if I intended to buy any concessions (although I was a little disappointed that the obviously fake popcorn bucket wasn't suddenly real).

Anyway, I am still glad I saw this opening night because of all the surprise cameos. Some of them were just fantastic.

The story itself is pretty thin, easily the worst of the 3 movies, but overall I still really enjoyed the movie because at the end of the day all we wanted was a buddy cop movie with Deadpool and Wolverine, with a bunch of fan service thrown in, which is what we got in spades. If you went into a Deadpool movie expecting much else than what you got, then I don't think that's the movie's fault. Yes, as I said, the story itself was pretty trash and could have been much better, but everything else was pretty fucking good.

That fucking dog though, Jesus, where did they find the absolutely most fucked up, ugly, yet clearly adorable dog ever? Holy fuck that thing is ugly! I don't think I could have created a more fucked up looking dog if I tried. And she was awesome.

EDIT: Oh, and nowhere near enough Yukio :( And a whole lot of the other regular characters too, but still, my sweet Yukio!

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
That fucking dog though, Jesus, where did they find the absolutely most fucked up, ugly, yet clearly adorable dog ever? Holy fuck that thing is ugly! I don't think I could have created a more fucked up looking dog if I tried. And she was awesome.

Ok, dog fucker

• 1Garbage
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Did you have the person who made the thread on ignore?
no, i dont think so. maybe i thought the wolverine was the same movie as wolverine and people were just talking about it years later .
either way, I'm halfway through The Wolverine. the cute asian girl from Arrow stars in it with Jackman. its alright. reminds me of those Simpsons goes to (insert far away destination, Japan for example) episodes. The Wolverine Goes Toes to Japan.

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
no, i dont think so. maybe i thought the wolverine was the same movie as wolverine and people were just talking about it years later .
either way, I'm halfway through The Wolverine. the cute asian girl from Arrow stars in it with Jackman. its alright. reminds me of those Simpsons goes to (insert far away destination, Japan for example) episodes. The Wolverine Goes Toes to Japan.

Why are you watching them backwards?

#justchukzombithings

• 1Garbage

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
The wife and I had 2 free tickets with a large popcorn and the cinema is about a 2 minute drive away. So we caught athe 1030 last night, left the house at 1025 and our tickets and popcorn where waiting at the moblie pickup. It paired well with the 8% beers we loaded in her purse ( Hurray for Midwest life ).

The meta humor and the cameos were really funny. The story may have been light but it fits in for anyone who has read Deadpool comics. We went late enough on a Thursday night to avoid all the sweaty neck beards.

I did have to explain a few of the jokes to my wife but it was still a good time and a fun movie.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Yea this was something the kids call "fun" Movies can be "fun", they don't always have to be deep or best picture winners. Cameos were great and some of them were way more involved then I thought, the chemistry between Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds was legit, and it was a loving sendoff to a totally uneven film universe.

Also Cassandra Nova was great, she felt like a threat and wasn't just "woman bad guy rawr"

• 1Like