Deadpool & Wolverine

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I will agree that Tatum acted the hell out of the role but the look is off. Tatum has a wide face. I actually preferred the look Taylor Kitsch gave to the role for Gambit. I will say that Tatum acted the roll better and most likely Taylor is not interested in the role as he has kind of stopped acting.

View attachment 540152

View attachment 540153
Apparently they were originally playing Gambit really straight, but then Tatun started ad libbing and made up the super heavy cajun accent and they went with it. Apparently, even the part where Gamibt throws the card at the bottle Wolverine is drinking was a Tatum ad lib and added to the film.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
I didn't know my daddy, but I'm sure I shot out of his dick ready. He ran them buttery nuts all up in my momma and I shot out there and I said "what's up, Doc"

Best line of the entire movie.

• 4Like

spronk

FPS noob
this made me chuckle, This Ends With Us opens this weekend and is a big chick rom-com starring Blake Lively, Ryan Reynolds wife.

He crashes an interview with her heartthrob costar and hijiinks ensue including appearances by Hugh and Ryan's mom. Obviously its all staged and shit but man Reynolds is really a fucking master of marketing

• 4Worf

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Turned this shit off after 30-40 minutes, it's absolutely insufferable.

I'd rather watch 100 Mint Mobile commercials in a row

• 4Edgelord
  • 3Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 10 users

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
So you went full retard?

Seems like he did the decent thing and pirated it. Thus atoning for his previous family visits to Disney whilst posting here how Disney are groomers

Turned this shit off after 30-40 minutes, it's absolutely insufferable.

I'd rather watch 100 Mint Mobile commercials in a row

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
It's a Deadpool movie. If you seen the previous two. This isn't going to be a surprise.

I just wanted to see Wolverine fight in classic yellow black costume from comics. But the dialogue here is entirely unfunny, exhausting to listen to and the filler film to support is tiresome and inane.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I just wanted to see Wolverine fight in classic yellow black costume from comics. But the dialogue here is entirely unfunny, exhausting to listen to and the filler film to support is tiresome and inane.
Remember dumb, slapstick movies? They were kinda fun back in the day, but they didn't age well because the joke recipe became stale.

The schtick in Deadpool is the same thing, but it's not quite stale yet. It's getting there though. Just enjoy it for being present day's stupid funny.

I like all 3. But I like Ted and Kung Fu Hustle too

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'll be honest. I watched Tommy Boy last month, and while it was a good story, the humor didn't hold up. It was silly, but that's about all. I think it also had to do with my mental age when I first watched it, so 14-15 years old. Billy Madison didn't make me giggle either.

Fadaar

That guy
I'll be honest. I watched Tommy Boy last month, and while it was a good story, the humor didn't hold up. It was silly, but that's about all. I think it also had to do with my mental age when I first watched it, so 14-15 years old. Billy Madison didn't make me giggle either.

Happy Gilmore is still A+

• 2Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Remember dumb, slapstick movies? They were kinda fun back in the day, but they didn't age well because the joke recipe became stale.

The schtick in Deadpool is the same thing, but it's not quite stale yet. It's getting there though. Just enjoy it for being present day's stupid funny.

Pootie Tang!!!!

It was one of the greatest films I've ever experienced on the silver screen.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>

I told my wife last night it felt like I was watching a "Meet the Spartans" type of parody of MCU movies.

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
I told my wife last night it felt like I was watching a "Meet the Spartans" type of parody of MCU movies.

The D MCU is well deserved of any parody. What's hilarious is that they okayed it. So funny she hulk and capt bitch face were totally cut from the film.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
this is really one of those movies that only works in theaters when a crowd laugh is infectious and you enjoy the vibes with the crowd. I liked the movie when I saw it opening weekend with a packed theater, all the cameos were a big highlight especially with the crowd reactions.

i re-watched the (really, really good) cam copy last night at home and yeah its pretty boring on rewatch for long stretches and not really a lot of humor compared to the first two. The first wolverine v dp fight is very cool especially the way wolverine moves, the opening logan sequence is ok but the music choice sucks, deadpool corps was cool but way too short and kind of a lame final fight. i was really bored for most of the movie, its definitely not a very rewatchable movie.

DP2 suffered the same problem too, big stretches of it are really boring but its humor is a bit more rapid fire, i'd say the weak link in that movie is making a kid your villain doesn't really work. DP3s problems are a bit more glaring, too many villains - should have focused just on cassandra and removed TVA/Paradox - and not enough jokes. DP3 rarely feels like its a sequel to DP1 & 2.

• 2Dislike

Haus

<Silver Donator>
DP3s problems are a bit more glaring, too many villains - should have focused just on cassandra and removed TVA/Paradox - and not enough jokes. DP3 rarely feels like its a sequel to DP1 & 2.

I would say you have to consider the entirety of the TVA presence as "needed plot device to put hero where hero needs to be". Paradox isn't the bad guy as much as he's just an annoying character. Even the maguffin device is just a plot device to have a reason for Cassandra to give enough of a shit to show up for the final act essentially.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
this is really one of those movies that only works in theaters when a crowd laugh is infectious and you enjoy the vibes with the crowd. I liked the movie when I saw it opening weekend with a packed theater, all the cameos were a big highlight especially with the crowd reactions.

i re-watched the (really, really good) cam copy last night at home and yeah its pretty boring on rewatch for long stretches and not really a lot of humor compared to the first two. The first wolverine v dp fight is very cool especially the way wolverine moves, the opening logan sequence is ok but the music choice sucks, deadpool corps was cool but way too short and kind of a lame final fight. i was really bored for most of the movie, its definitely not a very rewatchable movie.

DP2 suffered the same problem too, big stretches of it are really boring but its humor is a bit more rapid fire, i'd say the weak link in that movie is making a kid your villain doesn't really work. DP3s problems are a bit more glaring, too many villains - should have focused just on cassandra and removed TVA/Paradox - and not enough jokes. DP3 rarely feels like its a sequel to DP1 & 2.
I disagree. If youre comic nerd it hits the notes

• 5Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Screenshot_20240811_114524_Firefox (1).jpg

• 5Like