Deadpool & Wolverine

Chris

Potato del Grande
I enjoyed this movie but I have some thoughts...

1) It's exactly the same as Spiderman: No Way Home. It's a reward for the audience for sticking through all the mismanagement of these franchises by the studio, just for Fox not Sony.

2) It's the exact same plot as Deadpool 2. He's happy with his friends then something happens and he has to form a team to undo it - this time Multiverse not Time Travel.

Deadpool 2 had a better plot but Wolverine was a better foil for Deadpool than Cable.

This is absolutely going to teach them the wrong lessons. Soon every movie will be full of gen x levels of irreverence and sarcasm with constant breaking of the 4th wall.

So yeah, this is nothing they should be learning from.

I wonder what the scene with Happy Hogan was about, it was out of place for Deadpool to have had an interview in 616 when he's in 10005 or whatever the numbers were.

Did this actually happen and Jon Favreau told Ryan Reynolds no to Deadpool in the Avengers (on Kevin Feige's behalf) when Disney bought Marvel?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I wonder what the scene with Happy Hogan was about, it was out of place for Deadpool to have had an interview in 616 when he's in 10005 or whatever the numbers were.
It was a double Easter Egg. Favreau also played Foggy Nelson in the Affleck Daredevil.

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

He had Cable's device on his wrist but Sylas Sylas the autist thinks his ASOIAF powers work in the MCU and thought that scene meant Deadpool had always been on that Earth. Fucking autist.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
He had Cable's device on his wrist but Sylas Sylas the autist thinks his ASOIAF powers work in the MCU and thought that scene meant Deadpool had always been on that Earth. Fucking autist.
Ah OK, now it makes sense. They should have explained that a bit better.

I was thinking he was the 616 variant or it was a 4th wall break.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I love Deadpool and have first issues of his comics and his action figures from I think 2004.

I do think his banter is annoying but at the same time you're supposed to be annoyed. Reynolds has pulled off 3 movies somehow of someone you get annoyed with speaking

Fadaar

That guy
I'm still trying to figure out why they rebranded the MCU as 616 when it's been 199999 all this time

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm still trying to figure out why they rebranded the MCU as 616 when it's been 199999 all this time
This has bugged me a bit too. And IIRC the Ultimate marvel universe (which a ton of the MCU seems lifted off of) was something like 1610... 616 was the main Marvel comic universe. And you're right 199999 is listed as the main cinematic universe and ergo should be the "sacred timeline"

And yeah, there's a site charting it all :

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
wonder if this is going to surpass joker, worldwide R rated films:

Joker1$1,078,958,629382019
Deadpool & Wolverine2$1,029,531,382482024
Oppenheimer3$975,297,660572023
Deadpool 24$785,896,6321132018
Deadpool5$782,837,3471142016
I see no reason it shouldn't. It needs $30m US and $30m international. Looking at the progression in the US takes.... I would say it catches Joker and passes it somewhere around this time next week (i.e. they need 7 more days). Assuming the WoW 50% decline from previous week holds.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I still don't understand how joker pulled those numbers. It was an ok film at Best, Deadpool being marvel or Passion brought religious people I understand that

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I still don't understand how joker pulled those numbers. It was an ok film at Best, Deadpool being marvel or Passion brought religious people I understand that
I wasn't a big fan of Joker myself. However, I think it drew in a lot of people that don't necessarily watch superhero movies. It was more an R rated psychological thriller.

Truthfully this Deadpool movie is more impressive considering the last few years of Superhero box office.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I love Deadpool and have first issues of his comics and his action figures from I think 2004.

I do think his banter is annoying but at the same time you're supposed to be annoyed. Reynolds has pulled off 3 movies somehow of someone you get annoyed with speaking
I have the 1st & 2nd mini-series that were Deadpool. But not his first appearance in New Mutants #98.
Fuck, I have New Mutants 97 because it was part of X-Tinction Agenda crossover, but didn't buy 98 the next month. Oh well.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
#YOLO
Screenshot_20240812-103629.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
From the non comic book movie people I spoke to who seen Joker. They all seem to love it because of its anarchistic messaging. About not putting up with the shit thats being fed to them by the media and "experts". Take from that what you will.

He was the same way in Green Lantern.

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
your argument is weak. because you prefer to eat a dogs asshole doesn't give you a moral high ground dumb fuck. i support products that align with my beliefs. no compromise. me owning disney directly is not the same as buying a specific movie that shits all over disney and its woke shit. now riddle me this dog fucker. how do you influence behavioral change? hurr durr

Lol

• 1Garbage

Chris

Potato del Grande
Good trailer, word of mouth and story.

We all thought a non DCU Joker prequel would be fucking awful when announced.

I think a big part of it is that movie studios do not typically serve the kind of stories people want or need. It's largely goyslop to distract us from the elite robbing us.

When a movie comes along that's an authentic telling of a classic meaningful story (eg Passion of the Christ), anti-elite (eg Joker) or an authentic adaptation of a popular IP (eg Deadpool) then movies can make a lot of money.