Dealing with addiction

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
As I do every week, have the opportunity to go out and get shitfaced at a free open bar DJ party nearby. Instead, tonight I am home comfy ForumQuesting and vidya'ing instead.

I did not have GO PARTY GET WASTED urges today oddly enough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Definitely been going with harm reduction lately. Hell I didn't even have the urge to get fucked up last night.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I went a solid 3 weeks without drugs/alcohol. I am going to have a craft beer tomorrow however. I will be with a friend so hopefully I will not get shit faced and just have a few.

definitely not going to do drugs

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I was in NY last week for work and went to Brooklyn to meet up an old fling. Many drinks and lines later I woke up in an unknown neighborhood and my flight departed in three hours. Had to rush back to Manhattan to pick up my stuff then head right back to JFK. Made my flight with 10 minutes to spare. Thought of this thread. That fucking city man.

• 1Solidarity

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
For the last three days I just replaced booze with weed. I have been WAY more productive and generally feel better about myself.

• 1Solidarity

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Well I didn't fiend for coke after getting drunk last night. But I did binge on the way home after already being drunk. So I have work on that.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Despite using various substances for about 12 years now, I only recently experienced physical addiction for the first time. I started using Norco to control some of my chemotherapy sideffects (helps a ton with chills and nausea), and then got hospitalized for a week during which they switched my pain management from oral Norco to IV Dilaudid. Did that for a week, then came home and kept on the Norco. And I should have e realized the hole I was getting myself in to, but it was helping my medical issues so much I justified it to myself.

I decided enough of that shit tho and quit it... Was only about two and a half weeks of daily opiate use, but it was definitely enough for withdrawals. And opiate withdrawals while still experiencing chemo sideffects... Fuck, that sucked.

Definitely not done using them, now that I've experienced actual withdrawal for my first time tho, definitely not going to let myself build a tolerance. Hopefully I'm done with chemo now and I can go back to just using them recreationally on occasion (something I had no problem with for the 11 years of drug use before I got sick)

BTW I'm pretty sure my three years of almost daily synthetic cannabis smoking is what caused my cancer =\. Never felt like I had a problem with it because I could quit cold turkey for a week here and there and not have a problem. So I told myself at least I wasn't addicted. But turns out more things than just addiction can bite your ass when it comes to drug use.

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah that sounds terrible. What's wrong with the real thing? Drug testing?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
well i was blending it together myself, so it was dirt cheap. $25 worth would be 2-3months of daily smoking.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The more details you provide, the worse this sounds. What, exactly, is this stuff?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
there were lots of different chemicals i used over the years. the most recent and the one i used for the longest consecutive period was AFB-48. there is barely any info about it online tho. i was getting it from some pretty shady corners of the internet.

my favorite ever was JWH-122. there's a lot more info around about that one. i couldn't even list all the different ones i tried over the years, there's been so many. i even blended it and resold it online for about a year and a half. made a ton of money. justified it to myself by using higher quality ingredients than all the other vendors i knew... figured if people were smoking it anyway the herbs they were smoking should be organically grown without any pesticides, the flavorings added and the solvents used should be of lab grade purity and handled by someone that actually knows wtf they're doing (university chemistry background here, but i wasn't actually synthesizing amything myself).

all of them are bad ideas because you're treating yourself like a guinea pig. i was really stupid.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
IMG_0703.JPG

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I would think no matter what you do part of the long term solution would be to not run in circles/situations where Cocaine is around. Maybe that isn't realistic in NYC, I dunno, maybe time to reevaluate your friends/hobbies?

If you get drunk you are going to seek cocaine if you have used the combination before, it doesnt matter if its around.

I dont think you have much experience with addiction. alcohol is the trigger point for harder drug use, that's why you have to abstain from everything.

• 1Like

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I think I was doIng coke to live in the past fast life I had. This sounds corny as fuck but I don't want to do coke now because inwantn to live a future past instead

Yes I'm buzzed but going home right now