Dealing with addiction

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Part of growing up is living a life without drugs and/or very little drugs, slowing the partying down. Organizing priorities, and so forth. Basically-- becoming a boring faggot ;)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :eek:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
So yeah basically I met someone and I don't want to fuck it up whatever this might be/become. Time to become a boring faggot.

:oops:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
If you're always going to be addicted to something a solid weed habit is the way to go. It's enjoyable to do indoors by yourself or in small groups, being stoned in a pub sucks and kills any desire I have for hard drugs. Also delete your hard drug dealers phone numbers, I've never had a problem but it stopped me phoning them up when I'm blazing drunk, which is the only time I desire getting that level of fucked up.

Good luck with the chick!

• 1Solidarity

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I was thinking of scoring some bud tonight actually, though decided to chill and vidya game it up since I have already drank twice this week. Definitely do not have any hard drug dealers #'s any more.

Gonna try to save the drinking for with her hopefully! :p

• 1Solidarity

Destiny's Paw

Golden Squire
I feel boring tonight. :oops:
I knew where I was headed and boring was a step away from the old me. I found new friends and made myself a planer that separated myself from the old me. It was hard to change, but I decided the old life was not a path that I wanted to be on. Slipping is not a dead end & I've slipped but only when I was with my old friends and seen the pattern. I started going to different places and eating better. Im not out of the woods yet but on the path out. One day at a time... One day at a time.

• 2Solidarity

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
So yeah I'm full of shit. I was walking around my neighborhood mad about being a boring faggot and stumbled into a party and got a little drunk/blazed last night. I didn't get out of control or anything but still. Let me not pretend I don't slip up either.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
So yeah I'm full of shit. I was walking around my neighborhood mad about being a boring faggot and stumbled into a party and got a little drunk/blazed last night. I didn't get out of control or anything but still. Let me not pretend I don't slip up either.

Although alcohol isn't great, if you're staying off of hard drugs and can contain your alcohol use to parties (and try not to get blackout wasted at those parties) then it's probably manageable. Keeping off of hard drugs is a definite victory, you can give yourself credit for that.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I read the above article and it sucks being torn between wanting to take a girl out for drinks vs coffee because of what the road may lead too.

Minor rant is all. Thank you for posting article.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Destiny's Paw

Golden Squire
I read the above article and it sucks being torn between wanting to take a girl out for drinks vs coffee because of what the road may lead too.

Minor rant is all. Thank you for posting article.
This is the same outline that has worked for me, so far.
When I slipped, I'd throw up my hands in failure and that's when I realized that it's not failure unless I give up. I only slipped and caught myself midfall. When I overcome the urge to use, I felt great about myself. Nature walks is my medicine with plenty of water.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
Although alcohol isn't great, if you're staying off of hard drugs and can contain your alcohol use to parties (and try not to get blackout wasted at those parties) then it's probably manageable. Keeping off of hard drugs is a definite victory, you can give yourself credit for that.

Aye, don't hate yourself for slipping up - if it didn't end up in a class A fuelled mess then it's a victory. Think of it as step towards being able to party without going buck wild although don't take it as confirmation that's what you'll do everytime - the road is slippery pal.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Yeah so I got drunk, actually wasted. No hard drugs at least. Not really a victory in my eyes but, gotta update the thread when I slip!

• 3Solidarity

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
I'm an alki. 35, heavy drinker for the last 8 years. 12-23 tall boys a day type peppered with the vodka (moonshine is more correct) type of shit. Hospitalized twice from withdrawal, was an avid poster at cripplingalcoholism on reddit and thought I was cool, the last time I was ain the hospital I was withdrawing so bad i feared another seizure, they didnt want to give me benzos.

I found anti bac in the toilet and got shit faced and thrown out of the hospital because i started flirting. Everybody is different, but made up mind after that, I have a daughter and she is six, I simply sat down feeling broke/broken and told my self to pick myself up, things could not get any shittier, this was not gonna win. 7 months now.

I'm not cured at all, fuck i crave a lot of stupid shit, but I belive( what the fuck else is there), not in any being above me, but in will power. I am weak as shit though, amased I made it this far, tried alot of times before. Summer is coming up and it scares the shit out of me. GL all

I really struggle with the boredom though, i think thats' why i drank in the first place. Adhd not helping.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm an alki. 35, heavy drinker for the last 8 years. 12-23 tall boys a day type peppered with the vodka (moonshine is more correct) type of shit. Hospitalized twice from withdrawal, was an avid poster at cripplingalcoholism on reddit and thought I was cool, the last time I was ain the hospital I was withdrawing so bad i feared another seizure, they didnt want to give me benzos.

I found anti bac in the toilet and got shit faced and thrown out of the hospital because i started flirting. Everybody is different, but made up mind after that, I have a daughter and she is six, I simply sat down feeling broke/broken and told my self to pick myself up, things could not get any shittier, this was not gonna win. 7 months now.

I'm not cured at all, fuck i crave a lot of stupid shit, but I belive( what the fuck else is there), not in any being above me, but in will power. I am weak as shit though, amased I made it this far, tried alot of times before. Summer is coming up and it scares the shit out of me. GL all

I really struggle with the boredom though, i think thats' why i drank in the first place. Adhd not helping.

You really need a safer addiction, for your daughter's sake. You owe it to her at least. But with your drinking I can't suggest anything aside from marijuana really..

I know what you mean about monotony and boredom, its a big problem in ADHD and ADD. If you were being treated for ADHD with medication, would you push that to the limit too out of boredom?

With alcoholism there is two different types, the blackout and the heavy drinker drinking to get a buzz going. Its not clear whether you are addicted to blacking out (you'd know if you are passing out regularly or blacking out every time you drink basically). You sound like a blackout alcoholic.

Which means you need to fix that first. There are certain drugs that allegedly can limit or prevent the deep desire and impulse to drink. One of them is naltrexone treatment, which is used by a lot of people in AA. Its approved for use in treating alcoholism I believe. It works by filling a certain receptor and modulating your feelings a little bit, giving you a satiated feeling without feeling satiated, filling that hole in you. It does not give you a buzz.

Naltrexone is an opioid antagonist which has been approved by the FDA for the treatment of Alcohol Dependence since 1994

Its worth a shot if you ever do decide to take your problem seriously. Again, I can't recommend swapping addictions as long as you are a blackout drunk with anything besides weed. Even ADHD is dubious until you figure out what kind of problem you have. I strongly recommend trying out a gradual safe detox program that knows how to utilize naltrexone. See how it works. And you are going to need some rehab, because you've been at this awhile.

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Withdrawal from alcohol does some degree of harm to you, seizure or not. Standard of care for alcohol detox with your tolerance should include a long-acting benzo like Librium.

Shame on them for being afraid to give a benzo to someone who has had benzos before and does not prefer a benzo addiction. There is no risk in preserving your brain health with at least the usual 1 dose of Librium benzo during a major alcohol detox.

Unless they had reason to believe you would immediately begin drinking again as soon as discharged, and would not be capable of following medical advice. In that case, yes, a benzo would be appropriately denied to you.

I suppose I don't know enough about your personal situation to dispense that advice, but if you aren't completely out of control, I'd find a place that will give you the usual benzo treatment.

Last edited:

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Still feeling the affects from my last drunken episode. It definitely fucks with your sleep pattern. Attempting abstaining again to see if I can go longer than 3 weeks. :oops:

I haven't had the "DO COCAINE" desire at least. Also started reading this per someone's suggestion earlier in this thread. It's terrifying:

In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
I live in Norway. Naltraxone being labled as an opioid antagonist makes it harder to get prescribed. I tried 2 times and both resulted in a typical Dr switcharoo where he downplayed the drug and shilled for antabuse.

Iv read alot about naltraxone and saw hope in that drug, making craving and tapering s little motre comfotable since you wont get the full buzz. Peoole have reported a total craving loss for alcohol over some time.

Anyway i tried twice. Got the morale talk bla bla. I was at wits end.. I digress. This shit wont fucking bring me down. I went for 2 weeks detox. Got out clean but had to be on oxazepam for a period. Now I also like drugs, but not benzo buzz. Mainly weed. So luckely the pills didnt get me jonesin for em or anything. They helped slow down my braining and adhd going at heavy speeds.

Now i do have a joint jere and there when i know i wont be seeing my kid for a few day.

It's changing a drug for another, i can only say that i doubt that weed will cramp and tense up my whole body so hard that one of my tooth chipped. I do feel some remorse for.smoking still although i like it mostly because it curves my cravings they have becomw less and less. I was getting a fatty liver, bloated ass fuck. Fat. Broke. All in all i chose the lesser evil and it has worked
I dont smoke 24/7. Its a breather from the adhd.

Now im still broke, but get to spend so much more time with.my daughter and we are talking of weekends in a few months time.

I was decided..saw my daughter slipping away and i wont have it. Again. It feels hard still and still learning the ropes and not least me as a lucid person again. I was a kid last time.

Sorry for the long post.

Edit. You asked if I drank til BO. Rarelly happended was not the end goal. Dont take this aa bragging as it really makes me feel shameful, but i topped it all in a wedding in Danmark. The day started with loads of beer. At dinner the vokda came out and wine. Tl:dr i had liter of vodka lots if beers and schnaps for toasting. I rememember the whole night and was a cruise controll drinker. Comstant high buzz. Of course there where BO's but i had very very high tolerance again a silly thing to boast. Might habe been vague. But i have been and am atm soberat the 7th month.

Iill stop. Its just an important part.om me and i like to talk to ppl whom wont give you shit.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity