Defiance

Buffylol

N00b
Ego 128 here, taking another break. Arkfalls are crazy right now because there is at least 30 people in each one. Most of em don't understand crit points on mobs or how to follow directions(aka dont kill skitters on the crystal destroy falls), but we eventually get them done.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, they give good rewards too. Like 6K exp and some keys and shit. Oh, I got done with the story mission, the one that has to do with the show, and the reward was a purple smg, fully moddable for completing the whole thing.

The best are the fucking grenade launchers, better are the ones that are sticky and you have to detonate them. Makes missions ton easyer. Just lay some nades down and take out like 2-3 trash mobs at a time. Then switch weapons and clean up the rest.

The LMGs are nice too. They are a bit slower fire rate than AR or SMG but the clip size is huge and they do awesome damage.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I love the morons in arkfalls ramming mobs with cars making them move so all your shots go wild and don't hit the crit spots.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I'm shotgun sniper too atm, even though I rarely bother with the sniper, shit misses sometimes for no reason and it doesn't do that much dmg anyway. I do like that there's different type of weapons within the category, like shotguns so far I've found the one you start with which is a fast firing but slow reloading shotgun, I've found a pump action shotgun which fires a bit slow and you reload per shell but that lets you interupt the reload to melee without fucking the whole thing up and a double barrel sawed shotguns which fires 2shots at once but then you have to reload so it's fairly shitty.

I'll replace the sniper with a medgun whenever I find one. Not liking their grid leveling thing too much, I have to pick up a lot of worthless shit to get access to the better stuff I feel. Considering you can only equip some stuff too it makes little sense to have filler talents when you don't even get the benefit in the rare cases you use them.

By the way, what's better, selling gear or breaking it down? I'm not really seeing the point of the green ressources thing, are they only for buying keycodes and then boxes? So basically all you do is break down gear to eventually buy new random gear with it? What about gold is there any use other than respecs and buying costumes shit at the vendor boxes? Trying to figure if I should break everything down, or sell everything.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, Im not really sure on that. Ive been doing a bit of both. Selling some for cash and breaking down others. Well see when you can actually craft some shit with the resources if its worth it.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I've been using Assault Rifle and Sniper, so getting the sweet purple one for completing the Episode sequence was very handy. Still trying to make sense of the overall game / crafting / whatever system though. I noticed that 'leveling' my weapon resulted in it getting a side bonus, but it looked like it was a one-time deal? After I filled up its experience bar it didnt go to a new level or anything. I also noticed that you can add mod slots to a weapon if you use the salvage stuff for that, but I have not tried that yet.

What is the deal with the keys?

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Can you elaborate on that? Im on the fence about picking this up but if we have to pay for the tie in shit with the show im gonna pass.
Basically once you're done with the first Episode, that's it. Aside from repeatable side quests, Arkfalls, co-op dungeons and such. In other words think SW:TOR Act 1. Hence the "season pass" so you can save on additional Episodes. Anyone else that can chime in, or clear this up would be helpful. But it was always my understanding that you'd be paying for additional episodes.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, I doubt that one multi staged quest that takes an hour would constitute a DLC for $10. What I think is that they will have these episode quests as the show progresses tying into the story of the show. The DLC will be more content in general.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I've been using Assault Rifle and Sniper, so getting the sweet purple one for completing the Episode sequence was very handy. Still trying to make sense of the overall game / crafting / whatever system though. I noticed that 'leveling' my weapon resulted in it getting a side bonus, but it looked like it was a one-time deal? After I filled up its experience bar it didnt go to a new level or anything. I also noticed that you can add mod slots to a weapon if you use the salvage stuff for that, but I have not tried that yet.

In beta, im not sure what I did or how I did it but I crafted other slots on one of my guns. All guns have 4 slots, barrel, magazine, scope, and stock. And some dont have all the slots to upgrade, well I was able to add a slot to the gun to upgrade. ButI dont understand how these things open up. Because checking now, some of my guns allow me to open up a slot to upgrade, but some dont.

Also the keys are used to buy the lockboxes, which are the random rare guns they give you.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

The weapon leveling stuff seemed weird. It seems the xp you get is per weapon, but the bonus is for the weapon category, not too sure how it works.

Got myself an Injector, not sure what's up but it seems way overpowered. Maybe it's just because my shotgun sucks since I haven't found an upgrade in a while, but the injector does a fuckton of dmg. Not entirely sure on how it works exactly but basically you shoot at stuff and once you've hit them enough there's some sort of parasite egg that pops on them, and they hatch on death or over time not sure, making some smaller mobs, and then those mobs jump on mobs and explode for big aoe dmg. Gun does shit dmg initially but once parasites start hatching it explodes all over the place and kills shit super quick.

Also fixed my options by plugging in my older screen from my other PC, changing the options, then going back. Really stupid bug. Now I have dmg float though, no idea why that shit is off by default considering how "RPG" the game is.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I turned that on as well. It really makes it easy to judge just how much DMG you are doing and it looks cooler as well, definitely just like Borderlands.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Is there a friends list if I want to add some of you? I decided to say fuck it. I found a deal on it too. I am in the same boat. Bioshock Infinite is done, and nothing fun to play for a bit. Although I should play more monster hunter 3, but I seem to have better luck on my PC these days.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
On a side note I have always wanted to kill Mkopec in a video game. Can I do that here? Lets gang up on him.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I happened to find one of those BMG or whatever they are called weapons for sale. Shoots chain lightning at enemies and has an alt-fire that shoots chain heal at allies. Doesn't use ammo but instead starts at 100% power and goes down, but after you stop using it for a few seconds it quickly recharges up to 100%. Quite handy for taking out skitterlings and other smaller shit that you wouldnt want to otherwise waste ammo on.

I think you can only have 75 keys? I'm at 67/75 right now so I guess I better buy an ark chest. I noticed that some weapons I could remove mods on from the salvage menu and other weapons I could not... Is there some sort of EGO threshold necessary for doing this with different quality/types of weapon?

This game is in sore need of a manual or something.

Tide27_sl

shitlord
Im not about to write a diatribe about the game, but to me its pretty darn bland and generic. I cant think of a MMO that Ive played in the last 10+ years that I was so bored with, that within hours of starting I couldnt find any reason to keep playing.

Entire game thus far is run to a !, click accept, and run another 100 meters to click anywhere from between 3-5 boxes / monitors / terminals / etc.., defeat wave of mobs that spawn, and repeat ad nauseum.

The loot is boring, the story is boring, the combat is lacking, the enemies are all basically the same, the locales on the 1st map all look the same, etc.

I didnt follow this games development and didnt know Trion made it, but whoever thinks rifts / arkstones etc are fun needs to die in a fire. Randomly shooting a mob for 10 minutes is not fun.

Little to no chat, no economy, the world is dead as hell.

This game makes Swtor look like a masterpiece.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
I tried to warn people, and I can't say that I am surprised that anyone has the same reaction I did. If you are looking for the shiny, then no amount of warnings will deter you. This is the first time I have ever been on the fence with an MMO and not purchased. I guess I am getting wiser, idk. If people like this game then more power to them. It's like the Hostess Twinkies of MMO's.