Lanx

<Prior Amod>
driver power management, control panel
0f9272a9d8665c2c2f4161494a81ade5.png

if it's max performance it'll go full tilt

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haven’t mined on this card.
Well, half joking, but I meant that you might have malware doing it, not that you were doing it on purpose. But either way, the point was really asking if you'd checked to see if the card is heating up enough (for whatever reason) to actually need the fans to be running full blast. If it is, that's a different issue than the fans running on high for no reason. And its another different issue if the fans are still noisy when they're on low. Knowing which one it is seems pretty important. You certainly don't want to throttle down your fans if your card actually needs them.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Well, half joking, but I meant that you might have malware doing it, not that you were doing it on purpose. But either way, the point was really asking if you'd checked to see if the card is heating up enough (for whatever reason) to actually need the fans to be running full blast. If it is, that's a different issue than the fans running on high for no reason. And it’s another different issue if the fans are still noisy when they're on low. Knowing which one it is seems pretty important. You certainly don't want to throttle down your fans if your card actually needs them.

I’ll typically play Diablo in windowed mode in my office and the fans will crank up and the temp will increase about 5 degrees.

But it just seems excessive.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
took 2 weeks to get arctic cooler3 direct from arctic

then i was like

where the fuck is that special longboi screw driver i need for my cooler, to unscrew, god damnit

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
holy shit what's temp9?

IDK. It's currently bouncing between 0 - 108 and says "not sufficient info". So, I think it's throw away data.

Everything only gets 1-2 degrees warmer when I'm gaming, but the fans still blast off. I think there's something to my GPU not showing up...

Palum

what Suineg set it to
IDK. It's currently bouncing between 0 - 108 and says "not sufficient info". So, I think it's throw away data.

Everything only gets 1-2 degrees warmer when I'm gaming, but the fans still blast off. I think there's something to my GPU not showing up...
That doesn't look like GPU temps though, looks like mobo/cpu temps

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
With now Razer discontinuing the Orbweaver and the death a near decade ago of the beloved Logitech G13, I’ve gone a new route.

I picked up the Cyborg II and Cryo, tho that has yet to ship. Spent some time adjusting it to the hand and about to start mapping keys. It’s going to be some fun adjusting to this but since it has 6 onboard profiles I’ll use Apex to get used to it.

IMG_1580.jpeg

IMG_1577.jpeg

• 2WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
View attachment 543296

None of my other fans showed up, but atleast I'm seeing some GPU fans now. Still weird...
This is after the assisted setup? You can trigger the other fans by making a flat curve at 0% and manually going 1 by 1 to see which responds to the curve. My shit was working all fine and dandy till suddenly the sensors got weird.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
This is after the assisted setup? You can trigger the other fans by making a flat curve at 0% and manually going 1 by 1 to see which responds to the curve. My shit was working all fine and dandy till suddenly the sensors got weird.

Tried to do that by manually pairing #2, but that didn't work. It seems like it's treating my three front fans as one fan and not counting the radiator cooloer fans at all.

1724707957495.png

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Both my kids are now in school or daycare 4 days a week so I finally get 1 to 2 days a week I can PC game again (been a Steam Deck casual for a long time).

That said my 2019 build of 2070 Super and i9 9900k is lacking. Was thinking of a Starforge pre-built because my income is enough to pay the extra ~$500 for someone else to do the irritating work for me.

How long would a PC with a AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D and Radeon RX 7900 XT 20GB last me? Rest is typical 32ghz 6000 ram, MSI Pro B650-P Wifi mobo, liquid cooling, 750watt psu and win11 home.

1440p gaming.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Both my kids are now in school or daycare 4 days a week so I finally get 1 to 2 days a week I can PC game again (been a Steam Deck casual for a long time).

That said my 2019 build of 2070 Super and i9 9900k is lacking. Was thinking of a Starforge pre-built because my income is enough to pay the extra ~$500 for someone else to do the irritating work for me.

How long would a PC with a AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D and Radeon RX 7900 XT 20GB last me? Rest is typical 32ghz 6000 ram, MSI Pro B650-P Wifi mobo, liquid cooling, 750watt psu and win11 home.

1440p gaming.

If you live near a MicroCenter I'd recommend using them and having them build it. Otherwise I'm outta da loop.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

1440p gaming.

That would last you a while as i use a 13900k w/ 7900 XTX to push my 45inch 240hz oled and it does just fine. Honestly at 1440p i cant tell the perf diff between this and my 4090 bench so a 7900 XTX will net you good overall perf. If you can build it yourself that is also a plus and you would save money, and many of us can pop you out a PCP in minutes or even the MC Build shit. I have a TaiChi 7900 xtx @$750 if anyone is interested as well.

I cant ever hide my love for the Torrent. This and the NV series are my current favorites but the Corsair 6500D is a beauty also.
Tried to do that by manually pairing #2, but that didn't work. It seems like it's treating my three front fans as one fan and not counting the radiator cooloer fans at all.

Create the curve, not the fan and put it at 0% - then put all of your fans even the ones showing 0RPM to use that flat graph and see which ones take it. Then one by one turn them back on and name them and even if they still show 0 RPM they will adhere to the fan speed you set using temp graph.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Create the curve, not the fan and put it at 0% - then put all of your fans even the ones showing 0RPM to use that flat graph and see which ones take it. Then one by one turn them back on and name them and even if they still show 0 RPM they will adhere to the fan speed you set using temp graph.

Yeah, I'm doing that, but it only works on my GPU fans:

1724715660131.png

Showing 2200 RPM's when it should be at 0%.