Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

sarthis_sl

shitlord
FYI I still have the Atheon HM checkpoint on my alt so hit me up tonight if you need it. I'll have to drop immediately after zoning you in to preserve the checkpoint, but if help is needed to get Atheon I can switch to my warlock and re-join to assist.

Bandwagon: our plan last night was to try and do hard-mode all the way up to Gatekeeper, but we didn't have a full group of 29-30s so we were having a bit of trouble with Templar Phase 1 & 2. Basically we'd have a couple people get one-shotted which would trigger a cascading failure. I'm definitely game to give this another try if we can get a level-appropriate group together this week. With the checkpoint you guys have we could always skip the defend the confluxes phases (no loot) and go straight to the oracles phase (loot).

I'll also be trying to run through the normal-mode raid on my alt sometime this week. If anyone is organizing one and has room for another feel free to hit me up.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Honestly, Pocket Infinity is pretty meh after their nerf. I guess the rounds after the first do less damage and with a slow charge rate and only 3 in the mag, 2 shots from a normal fusion rifle can almost beat it.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Hey TheFourth, I took a picture for you. Most Kills / Caps on my team, still lost. I get match-made with derps all.the.fucking.time.
rrr_img_79738.jpg

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Haven't played all week, and honestly I'm not sure I'll be picking it back up at the expansion. There's just so little to do, and the usual routine of "run bounties, throw some xp into alt weapons" stopped being interesting as soon as I capped all my primary items. I'm stuck at lvl 29 until Vault RNG smiles on me, but there's no real need to be lvl 30 anyway so I honestly don't give a fuck.

It was fun while it lasted.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
FYI I still have the Atheon HM checkpoint on my alt so hit me up tonight if you need it. I'll have to drop immediately after zoning you in to preserve the checkpoint, but if help is needed to get Atheon I can switch to my warlock and re-join to assist.

Bandwagon: our plan last night was to try and do hard-mode all the way up to Gatekeeper, but we didn't have a full group of 29-30s so we were having a bit of trouble with Templar Phase 1 & 2. Basically we'd have a couple people get one-shotted which would trigger a cascading failure. I'm definitely game to give this another try if we can get a level-appropriate group together this week. With the checkpoint you guys have we could always skip the defend the confluxes phases (no loot) and go straight to the oracles phase (loot).

I'll also be trying to run through the normal-mode raid on my alt sometime this week. If anyone is organizing one and has room for another feel free to hit me up.
4th and I screwed around on the HM oracles and found a few places we can sit on the starting ledge to get it down. Oracle requires 5 shots from icebreaker (not fully upgraded, but a lvl 30 shooting) so we basically need 5-6 people on the ledge focused on oracles to push into Templar cheese mode. I wants that arcane hand cannon damnit.

sarthis_sl

shitlord
Awesome... I knew there was a way to get line-of-sight on all of the oracles from up there, but hadn't figured out exactly where yet. I'm down to give this a try tonight if we can get enough of us together.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yep. No damn 27s though, with icebreaker 7 bullets wouldn't break them.

Wreck also unlocked his oracle bonus damage rocket launcher. Hah.

sarthis_sl

shitlord
Nice! I'm really close to unlocking oracle bonus dmg on the raid sniper rifle, so I'll try that out on the oracles and see if it does any better than Ice Breaker.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Honestly, Pocket Infinity is pretty meh after their nerf. I guess the rounds after the first do less damage and with a slow charge rate and only 3 in the mag, 2 shots from a normal fusion rifle can almost beat it.
Nothing changed about Pocket Infinity really. The damage drop-off has always been there, it's worse the more shots you fire, and before the "nerf" it was much better to use the stability mod instead of the larger magazine one. And now stability is still obviously better than reload speed on a gun that already has a near-maxed reload bar.

It's just a pretty meh weapon overall. Plan C is about an order of magnitude better, and it can't even compete with a half-decent legendary when you consider the other ways you can use your one exotic instead.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I have a Light/Truth (or something like that) which is much better in PVP. The passive movement increase and extra slide actually does come in handy, and it hits like a truck.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Nothing changed about Pocket Infinity really. The damage drop-off has always been there, it's worse the more shots you fire, and before the "nerf" it was much better to use the stability mod instead of the larger magazine one. And now stability is still obviously better than reload speed on a gun that already has a near-maxed reload bar.

It's just a pretty meh weapon overall. Plan C is about an order of magnitude better, and it can't even compete with a half-decent legendary when you consider the other ways you can use your one exotic instead.
Oh I agree, in PvP I used the stability mod, the larger mag was nice for large bosses though.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Venir, I'm available -before- 1pm pst to try to knock down the Oracles. I'm trying to get the Oracle disruptor unlocked on the sniper, also. Not sure if it'll end up hitting harder than ice breaker, though.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Venir, I'm available -before- 1pm pst to try to knock down the Oracles. I'm trying to get the Oracle disruptor unlocked on the sniper, also. Not sure if it'll end up hitting harder than ice breaker, though.
I'll be around soon. I want to finish leveling the Titan.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The way we do oracles HM is you get your relic carrier to be a lock.

The rest of the raid sits at entrance with all of them having ice breakers and snipe all the oracles.

There is one oracle that spawns out of LoS from entrance and that is the only thing the relic carrier cares about other than breaking shield. You then do the entire fight "legit". Pushing him off the ledge takes more time than just killing him legit by sniping all the oracles and then sniping him once his shield is down.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Haven't played all week, and honestly I'm not sure I'll be picking it back up at the expansion. There's just so little to do, and the usual routine of "run bounties, throw some xp into alt weapons" stopped being interesting as soon as I capped all my primary items. I'm stuck at lvl 29 until Vault RNG smiles on me, but there's no real need to be lvl 30 anyway so I honestly don't give a fuck.

It was fun while it lasted.
Yeah, it's a fun game, but the grinds are just stupid. I have 100 other games I can play and I just don't see much point in grinding/grinding/grinding so I can get more stuff to grind more. I'm still playing here and there and already paid for the expansions, so will at least play out the story stuff when it comes out.

spronk

FPS noob
i just cheesed templar hm with my lock in a random pug, was pretty easy took like 2 mins with 5 locks. if anyone is doing it and needs help can do it on my 2nd lock, level 30. can sniper way too if ya need help, got ice breaker

we got the 5th chest too just shards

Xevy

Log Wizard
Sounds like a whiny bitch who bought into the 'hype' which hardened vet gamers never fucking do.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Finished the Thorn Bounty. I actually thought it was a lot easier than Bad Juju. Bad Juju may not have been hard exactly but it was so freaking time consuming. At least I did it when I still needed Vanguard Marks and gear from running Strikes because that got old really fast. It also taught me how to PVP.

Thorn may, technically, be more difficult but it's a LOT faster. I knocked the PVP portion out in about 3 hours and soloed the final part without any issues.