Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

vynde_sl

shitlord
pvp is fun but entirely meaningless.
Do you mean ranked pvp or like pvp for the sake of holding/gaining access to territories? I ask because pvp hasn't been meaningful to me since like EQ sullon zek (and I would say DAOC/SWG/WAR). Even in wow, it's just musical chairs as to which is the FOTM OP class of the season

Goatface

did they say anything about reforging stats and/or perks on purple armor?
or the stats on exotics?

Column_sl

shitlord
You can reforge legendaries weapons/armor, but not exotics.

They still haven't clarified if that's all legendaries tho. So Vault of Glass, and Crota raid weapons/armor may be on the no reforge list.

1228804237459038536.gif

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think the reforge is only for HoW purple gear/weapons. No exotics, no drops from previous xpac, or vanilla.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
They used fatebringer as the example, so I have to believe at least the VoG purples are on the list of upgradeables

spronk

FPS noob
reforged is different than upgrade to full 365. they said fatebringer (and all the armor from VoG) can be upgraded to full HoW light level, but i think only how gear will be re-forgeable (change perks like Iron banner weps).

this weeks nightfall is pretty quick and easy with all the burns, less than 20 mins per run. omnigul died in 6-7 gallahorn shots from 3 ppl with weapons of light, was like under 15 secs. you could prob do the NF in under 8 mins if you rush parts

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
My bad, I read reforge as upgrade, so yeah. I saw someone on reddit refer to upgrade as "ascend" and that sounds about right

Column_sl

shitlord
Heh, this game loves Sunbros.

So Trials of Osaris is first team to 3 kills, but if you are a sunbro you can erase that kill with a self revive.

No other class can do that heh. So basically 3 sunbros is a first to 6 kills.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
But you can revive teammates right? So it doesn't really matter, unless your revive happens when the rest of your team is already dead.

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah ,I 'm looking at the stream again. It does erase your kill on any revive.

I thought it only did it from the self revive. So not overpowered after all.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Not a big PvP guy but Trials of Osiris looks like it could be pretty fun. This DLC might actually be a good one. Looking forward to seeing whats up with Prison of Eldars.

Antithesis

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone know if you can upgrade the levels on Iron banner weapons. Spent 66 motes of light reforging Felwinters and I'd hate to have to do that every freaking dlc.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
From what it sounds like, you can upgrade every legendary and exotic in the game to 365 damage or 34 armor, so I'd assume that includes IB. The only thing limited to HoW gear only is the rerolling (reforging) weapon perks.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Well I like the theme for the Reef, and it is actually fine to be able to upgrade old raid gear since VoG > CE in looks.

However.... as a DLC this sucks. From the rumor-mongring most of Destinys crew is working on Destiny 2 instead of keeping this game alive but honestly, there is still a ton of unused materials on the fucking disc that some interns could poke around in and produce more content then this. They desperatly need a new project manager for this game because the current one seems to be too busy spending time and money on hookers and coke to be involved.

They need monthly updates, PvE events and more randomized gear that can measure up to raid stuff.
There is no Destiny 2. Get ready for "Comet" which is a full retail priced add on. Coming this fall!

The game as it was supposed to launch for $59 was Destiny, the two DLC's and "Comet" which is another $59 yearly release.

All of which was cut to shreds. $159 for a $59 dollar game.

As an aside I was bored so I logged in last night and ran a level 24 random strike. I am a hunter... what dropped? Warlock gear. Some things never change.

I cannot believe these idiots can be this clueless.

Column_sl

shitlord
Well at least you admit what you are, now go say the same thing in like every other video game thread you troll.

Better yet just make it your signature, and much like this game you can cut and paste it.

spronk

FPS noob
i just wonder how popular trials of osiris is going to be. i have no problem with a game mode i probably won't play at all since i play solo like 99% of the time, but i've always had the feeling most people who play these games play similarly too or maybe with 1 other friend max. requiring fireteams of 3, and requiring 5+ wins to get any items (in a single weekend) is going to be interesting, at least a loss won't reset your progress. once you lose 3 games (or is it 5?) you have to rebuy the token to get back in though, dunno if everyone on the team needs to or just the fireteam leader.

i really get the feeling the new DLC will have a lot of interesting under the hood stuff to make the game better, but no actual content that i will want to play after a week or two. if the raid is just horde mode thats boring as fuck, and the new pvp mode sounds like its for hardcore organized PVPers. i wonder what they will do though if no scrubs are around to play against, which is what usually happens in these "winner takes all" modes. still, don't blame bungie for trying it out and seeing how it works out, just foresee them backpedaling hard from it after a month.