Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah we set up behind the rock by the cliff. Skolas can't hit you ever. Just watch adds. I was running the exact loadout you described, fully ascended voc, bh, ghorn.

Good call on the bubble for round 4. We had a titan with us but he didn't have a saint 14 so didn't want to drop his bible by the vip spawn when we suggested it.
frown.png

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is the ship not guaranteed? Beat skolas today and got elder cypher x2 from him and emblem and shader from big chest.

Column_sl

shitlord
Skollas nerfed for next week. I thought the encounter was super easy on every burn, and the changes will just make the encounter longer imo. Rather just burn him down immediately, and collect the loot.

CB: We want the Skolas encounter to be challenging and require teamwork, only in a more predictable way that doesn't feel cheap. To accomplish this, we're making the following changes to Round 6 of the Skolas Challenge:
New Modifier combinations (Arc, Void, and Solar Burn will be removed)
Boss health is reduced (to compensate for the lack of burn)
Minions will spawn at predictable health intervals
Minor adjustment to the unit makeup of the combatant waves
In summary: Skolas is about to get a shorter life sentence. To ensure that he'll still have a fighting chance, there will be some more skulls for you to juggle. Your battle with the final boss changes next week. Get in there are tell us what you think.
We're listening - and watching, and playing ourselves.

Antithesis

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The clan I was in basically imploded over the last couple of weeks with HoW. The PVE folks hated POE, the PVP folks cool with first week of ToO but now that the casuals all fled that, it isn't worth the effort. Guess we were basically a raiding clan and without a new raid, doubt that is a huge portion of the playerbase, but gotta figure less people are playing this now.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I haven't played in weeks. It doesn't sound like HOW is all that great of an expansion. It sounds pretty repetitive and that loses fun quickly.

And, yeah, I called Gjallahorn being stupidly OP months ago. Reading through the last few pages confirms that (Oh, Skollas is easy. Just get 3 people with Gjalla and you're good to go). That's the very definition of a broken weapon.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, jellyhorn is broke. so they refuse to let xur sell it. they can't nerf it, for some reason... so they just let the community use it as the ridiculous gating mechanic (lfm for crota, need gjallarhorn, lfm for POE, don't msg without a ghorn, etc). They need to just give it to everyone. I mean, EVERYONE. put it in everyone's mailbox. then you can just create content around everyone having it, instead of creating content that is really hard unless you have 3+ jelly's trivializing it.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I haven't played in weeks. It doesn't sound like HOW is all that great of an expansion. It sounds pretty repetitive and that loses fun quickly.

And, yeah, I called Gjallahorn being stupidly OP months ago. Reading through the last few pages confirms that (Oh, Skollas is easy. Just get 3 people with Gjalla and you're good to go). That's the very definition of a broken weapon.
Its not an expansion, its a small content patch....

spronk

FPS noob
they put out the hotfix for skolas today, no more burns but he has less HP and the adds now spawn at % of HP instead of timer. so instead of a 1 minute win-or-wipe fight its now a 10 minute bullet sponge slugfest, good for people without gallys i guess but pretty boring. i did it on my 3d char, took a pug about 4 tries no real probs other than passing the debuff around.

they also announced the sept dlc, taken king. $40 digital upgrade, $80 CE or $60 destiny GOTY edition with it included i think? i dunno, whole thing looks dumb not sure if I am gonna bother until next year. between FF15, Fallout 4, Batman, Battlefront, etc should have plenty to do.

j00t

Again, it'll be REAL interesting to see what their sales will be come September. Most of the people I know bought the dlc pass last year. And most everyone I know ONLY play because they ALREADY bought it. $40 for what, so far, seems to be what SHOULD have been a $10 dlc is a bit out of whack

Column_sl

shitlord
If Twitch is any barometer, since HOW launched they are the top 5 streamed game every night.

Coupled with the fact that they reported Some of the biggest earnings with Hearthstone, I'm not sure their popularity is fading.

Sorry guys, as much as you want Destiny to die it is here to stay.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think I read somewhere on reddit that you'll need to have the previous two dlc's in order to play TTK, also, there doesn't seem to be a new planet with this TTK (for patrols).

j00t

If Twitch is any barometer, since HOW launched they are the top 5 streamed game every night.

Coupled with the fact that they reported Some of the biggest earnings with Hearthstone, I'm not sure their popularity is fading.

Sorry guys, as much as you want Destiny to die it is here to stay.
No, I know. The gun play is amazing, it really is. It's FUN to shoot aliens. There is plenty of reason to play the game, especially if you paid for everything last year. So like I said, it'll be interesting to see sales for taken king. Will people pay for the content? Will people have w enough distance from dropping $100 last year to feel like it's fair to drop another $40? Will people just tell bungie to eff off with that noise? It'll just be interesting

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'm firmly in the fuck that group. The base game was awesome, every expansion since then has made the game worse

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Yeah same. Destiny was awesome at first but it got repetitive and grindy. Then my lack of jellyhorn just pissed me off. I don't really see myself picking it up again after this much distance. I've got other games to play.

Goatface

think TTK will sale well earlier on at least on xbone til halo comes out.

don't know i will get it or not yet, half the people i play with will be hard into FM6

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think most of us in RR had more fun cheesing the raid content than actually playing the game as intended. Last expansion not having a raid killed it for me.

Tons of shit to play right now though, so I'm kinda grateful.