Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That Japanese commercial is classic, fucking Japs, lol. Why dont they do more shit like this here in the states? Shit would be funny as hell.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
That was intense with no sound.

How do you level the side factions now, the faction mod seems stripped off my cloaks

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Destiny live action trailer

Man I want a Destiny movie or TV series so badly

Yeah if it is anything like the completely 100% engaging story of the game, it should be on par to rival Herbie Goes Bananas.

Column_sl

shitlord
As much as people want to lament the limited story in game the story from the cards was pretty good.

The whole fact you are an undead fighting for everyone else, and your ghost is the one that constantly resurrects you is pretty unique in its own right.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
So is there anything worth doing since the 2.0 patch prior to the release of TTK or should I might as well just wait till the xpac goes live.

Column_sl

shitlord
So is there anything worth doing since the 2.0 patch prior to the release of TTK or should I might as well just wait till the xpac goes live.
Depends on if you want a head start on a high light level on day one, or not.

If you don't care, then really isn't much to do other then try out some of the new pvp modes.

It's pretty much a week long limited beta for the Taken King, but everything you get carries over.

spronk

FPS noob
That was intense with no sound.

How do you level the side factions now, the faction mod seems stripped off my cloaks
You have to go to the faction NPC and "pledge" with them, it costs 2500 glimmer and you are stuck with your pledge for the entire week (can't change until next reset). After that 25% of your vanguard or crucible rep goes towards the pledged faction, so you are always double dipping now. You can also turn in mats (armor, weapon, heavy synths, motes, etc) at the faction vendor to rep up too.

The only thing really worth doing right now is getting every character to 34, getting 16 bounties completed but not turned in, doing your sub class quests but DO NOT turn in the final step (reward is a level 40 legendary class item, hit cancel if you see that as the quest reward), and farm public events once a day per char and keep the packages in your mailbox. You can also try to grind your rep close to the edge of turnover but since the only way to get rep right now is nightfall/weekly heroic (once each) or crucible for PVP its limited. I guess play a lot of crucible if you want, farm 200 marks those will turn into like... 4? rep marks next tuesday.

live trailer was all right, but dude didn't have to reload his shotgun and his fireteam was only 3 people against Oryx? Pssht, shoulda been six people and you bet your ass he has more than 8 adds before you fight him.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Will you be able to buy the CE items separately? Really had no desie to pay 80 for something that includes the base game that most already had.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
i think you can from the ttk emblem on the map in game, 60$ for just the taken king and the emotes/shaders/xp gear
Doesnt seem to be the case - i alrdy have TTK but it was ridiculous to have to pay for bundle that includes the base game to get CE content.

spronk

FPS noob
there is going to be a $20 CE upgrade that lets any taken king buyer get just the CE items - the emotes, shaders, class items - but its not live yet. probably next week, but who knows?

i'm pretty much all prep'd for next week, my checklist turned out to be

- finish all the subclass quests, but don't turn in the last part (part 9, press triangle while over the quest to see the steps). it bugs out apparently and doesn't give out the class item sometimes, plus its a level 40 item so its worthless to you right now anyways. might as well wait until xp is unlocked to turn it in
- finish all the gunsmith gun bounties, 5 total x 3 chars. with the nightfall buff, you will reach level 1 gunsmith
- max out my bounties, pref 3600 xp bounties.
- have 19-20 public event packages sitting in my postmaster
- let as many faction reps get close to edge as possible without going over

Dunno if the new subclass quests unlock at 40 or 34, be a lot faster and easier if its 34 next week.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You get 50% of the Vanguard rep towards your chosen Faction. Doing NF after 2.0 hit got me 499 Vanguard / 250 DO, same with Bounty rep. Unless the required amount of xp increases a lot after 34, hitting lvl40 will be super quick...easily by the time the raid releases.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yup, great way to tell a game's story, by making people read shit outside of the game.
I kind of like it that way. Im not a story guy so I dont want that shit shoved down my throat. Want your story book? Go read some shit thata-way. ------->

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Anyone on xbox one get stuck trying to download and manage to get it working? Was stuck at 2% for 2 days after trying to change DNS, hard reset xbox etc, tried uninstalling, same deal stuck at 22-23% downloading tried same stuff. Roommate downloaded his just fine =/

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Eh no, i like the games to have the story....in the game.

Log in,...no clue whats going on at all but finish story missions anyway and then log out to see what you were doing....dumb

You have to go to the faction NPC and "pledge" with them, it costs 2500 glimmer and you are stuck with your pledge for the entire week (can't change until next reset). After that 25% of your vanguard or crucible rep goes towards the pledged faction, so you are always double dipping now. You can also turn in mats (armor, weapon, heavy synths, motes, etc) at the faction vendor to rep up too.

The only thing really worth doing right now is getting every character to 34, getting 16 bounties completed but not turned in, doing your sub class quests but DO NOT turn in the final step (reward is a level 40 legendary class item, hit cancel if you see that as the quest reward), and farm public events once a day per char and keep the packages in your mailbox. You can also try to grind your rep close to the edge of turnover but since the only way to get rep right now is nightfall/weekly heroic (once each) or crucible for PVP its limited. I guess play a lot of crucible if you want, farm 200 marks those will turn into like... 4? rep marks next tuesday.

live trailer was all right, but dude didn't have to reload his shotgun and his fireteam was only 3 people against Oryx? Pssht, shoulda been six people and you bet your ass he has more than 8 adds before you fight him.
I have not been able to get crucible marks at all this week, only me?