Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone around mind helping me cheese atheon real fast? At the checkpoint. Bhomo on PSN

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally hit vanguard rank 2 and have 121 marks. Any suggestions on what order to buy the vanguard armor pieces to get the best bang for my buck? I'm a Sunslinger and have nothing but blues in every slot. Unless I get lucky I doubt I'll suddenly fall into any legendary or exotic stuff this weekend. Only have 6 strange coins.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Finally hit vanguard rank 2 and have 121 marks. Any suggestions on what order to buy the vanguard armor pieces to get the best bang for my buck? I'm a Sunslinger and have nothing but blues in every slot. Unless I get lucky I doubt I'll suddenly fall into any legendary or exotic stuff this weekend. Only have 6 strange coins.
Quantity is key.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure what you mean by that exactly a_skeleton_03. My options are gloves, chest, helmet, legs. The helmets are the most expensive by almost double, so I'm thinking I'd be better off getting 2 pieces of the other stuff to try and break into lv 25. Just not sure which piece(s) I should be trying to buy first.

spronk

FPS noob
yes get chest and gloves first usually, BUT wait until xur opens to see what he has - he may have the bitchin warlock gloves or chest (sunbreaker/praxis) and you can try to grind out some coins by running 28 strike on main and an alt or two before xur disappears. get the items with int/disc, strength sucks for warlocks

you can grind out one or two alts of the same class really fast, i deleted my hunter wed and my warlock hit 20 in under 10 hours /played, just did story missions on hard and did every single PVE bounty i could, also did patrols and the patrol missions and public events since both give good XP and have no kill downtime. now my second warlock can equip the same gear as my main warlock and also run nightfall/raids/etc to double up my loot, some people have been doing it with 3 chars every week

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I wonder if they will ever let go of the "one exotic weapon, one exotic armor part" idea. Currently I am sitting with multiple exotic armor parts for both my lock and my hunter, and most of the exotic weapons I have are banked since I can only slot one. Since I wish to actually max the weapons out I have to rotate them, slowly, to try to make them usefull as well as keep a metric fuckton of legendary weapons in the bank too for the other slots.

Result is a full bank, and no possibility to expand the number of slots (wtf?). Its getting annoying tbh.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Not sure what you mean by that exactly a_skeleton_03. My options are gloves, chest, helmet, legs. The helmets are the most expensive by almost double, so I'm thinking I'd be better off getting 2 pieces of the other stuff to try and break into lv 25. Just not sure which piece(s) I should be trying to buy first.
Yeah I mean buy as many slots as you can afford, you just maximize the light you can get. You should be able to get 2 out of the 3 slots. It really just depends on which mods you like the best on the 3 slots you have.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
To cheese probably only need 27. The trash is lvl 30 though so for a real clear I'd hate to take anyone <29.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Engram gave me a Lucky Raspberry (useless, deleting hunter as soon as I cheese Atheon for a shot at weapons) and an Armamentarium. At least the decoded one has 127 discipline on it; Xur's strange coin one has a super-low 104 roll. Not really sure what I was hoping to get. Sunsinger chest I guess, but I don't even know if I'd use it unless the raid never gives me a chest armor drop.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I am tired of helm and BP non stop - theyve even built the garbage repetitiveness into Xur- I just want fuckin gloves to show up on him - the chance of getting exotic hunter gloves is so fuckin slim with the randomness of legendary gloves turnin to exotic or even getting legendary engrams to drop now.

Erie_sl

shitlord
PS needs group support like steam has, sucks trying to cram people on a friends list that limits it to 40. Max I've seen online with a full friends list is 16 (lucky if half of them are playing and half of those are probably afk).

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
XB1 outsold PS4 on Destiny standalone copies - which doesn't count the PS4 bundle (per NPD results this month). That's surprising.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
That is very surprising given how PSN specific most commentary I've seen is. Not just here, but elsewhere as well. Did that many people buy PS4 bundles?

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Haven't played in a week since I've been in Florida. But what level do you recommend to solo the nightfall and the various weekly heroics? I bought icebreaker last week which I know is essential for soloing. Thanks.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Does that include digital copies as well? There was a big issue at launch with preordering through Xbox live, wasn't there?