Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
No it doesn't - NPD doesn't track digital. Most companies will announce their digital sales if they are good though (at least Nintendo does).

Not sure if there has been a study yet if the XB1 crowd is more prone to buy physical copies over Sony or Nintendo console owners but evidence seems to be pointing that way.

spronk

FPS noob
ps4 outsold destiny when bundles were included, there was also a week where any new xbox one purchase gave you a free game (from any retailer) and that was like the week destiny launched too so it woulda bumped xbox one destiny numbers. still very good numbers for xbox, the only problem for microsoft is that the 360 sold almost as many copies of destiny as the xbox one, whereas the ps3 was a tiny fraction of ps4 (like 1.1m vs 100k) which isn't good for devs who want to jump to next-gen only.

or gamers, since porting games to both old gen and next gen usually means next gen takes massive hits (all the loading screens in destiny i bet are a good example)

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Haven't played in a week since I've been in Florida. But what level do you recommend to solo the nightfall and the various weekly heroics? I bought icebreaker last week which I know is essential for soloing. Thanks.
I easily soloed both weeklies and nightfall at 27. Nightfall took a while but a part of that was due to my lack of a void weapon. So if you have a good void weapon and are 27, its a fucking walk in the park.

Now to bitch a bit about my RNG luck. I am now a proud owner of symbiote helm and the berry whateverthefuck armor for bladedancers + another symbiote helm i sharded last week. My main is a lock
frown.png

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have an opinion on the exotic warlock helm that is for sale right now?

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
It favors a neutral spec. I plan buying it because I have the Queens helm at the moment. I got the Hezen robes+gloves last night so it will let me equip both of them.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
It favors a neutral spec. I plan buying it because I have the Queens helm at the moment. I got the Hezen robes+gloves last night so it will let me equip both of them.
My biggest issue with it is the +strength. As much as i enjoy using the force on my lock, i prefer to have my super up more often and to grenade shit more. I think I will just get the titan chest. That + some vanguard grinding should get me a third character that can solo nightfall which seems more beneficial than a shitty +str modifier on my lock.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
As a hunter, I'm 2 for 2 with the exotic engram. One hunter helm and now a chest. I honestly don't know why I even got the chest, should have waited for a weapon engram

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I saw Verseia a couple times and grouped up once I think. Vorph I sent you a friend request when Destiny launched. Accept it already! :p (PSN: sarthek)

Oh what's up man, didn't realize you were Sarthek. Hit me up anytime you need anything or if you just wanna hang and play.
I have a full friends list and constantly have to cycle through deletions and whatnot, difficult to keep up with who's who.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Oh sheesh well given how heavily PSN pushed the digital version of Destiny I would guess a large number of people went that route...

Eatbeast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got the hard mode atheon cheese done this morning before work. Took me around 30 mins to figure it out once I had the save. Got the mythoclast and the speeder, no helm tho which is what I was hoping for.

3 normal VoG clears and 1 hard atheon and still don't have a single piece of raid armor. Sitting on 77 ascendant shards now with nothing to level up lolz. Broke down and started another warlock so I can get double the attempts next week
frown.png

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Want to thank everyone who ran through the normal mode raid last night. Was my first time through and I had a blast. Was super fun to play with folks from rerolled. It was great finally overcoming the gatekeeper fight that we were stuck on for awhile. Well that and me not being able to do the platform jumping part lol.

Slithum

Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum
anyone looking to do hard mode vog tonight? I should have a save at gatekeeper leave message here or send one to psn: natejs22 ill be on later tonight trying to get this done.

That is very surprising given how PSN specific most commentary I've seen is. Not just here, but elsewhere as well. Did that many people buy PS4 bundles?
Yeah I caved and bought a the PS4 Destiny bundle , digging the white color of it. But Im assuming just do story in this and bounties , but if i wanted better gear what do i do? Just hope for a engram drop or a story mission gives me one , because this white gear at lvl 15 is kinda boring. Also playing a Warlock , do classes really matter much in this and from what i have played thus far this feels like Hellgate London to a degree. Not complaining , but just was a odd feeling while playing this.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Just confirmed the Sunsinger infinite rez glitch.

For those that don't know yet, before pressing L1+R1 to revive you go into your subclass and switch out the resurect spec for anything else. When you close out the menu the option to hit L1+R1 will remain and you will keep your super. Just switch back your spec after and rinse, repeat as necessary.

Gonna go have a few laughs in Crucible later. GG Bungie.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh what's up man, didn't realize you were Sarthek. Hit me up anytime you need anything or if you just wanna hang and play.
I have a full friends list and constantly have to cycle through deletions and whatnot, difficult to keep up with who's who.
Hey. Yeah the last time we grouped for a moment I think you were trying to ask me who I was on the mic, but my daughter was asleep so I had the volume turned way down. I don't have a mic to respond to you anyways, just fyi.
smile.png