Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

sarthis_sl

shitlord
I'm okay with the above changes. Timing sucks, though -- will probably miss most people doing the raid and have to find randoms.

Eatbeast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't PvP much but TLW is my favorite weapon to use when I do. It has a super high rate of fire and if you can land the first 4 shots it will win most short-mid range engagements. Even quicker if you land a few headshots. Bought the new one today to upgrade in case I do any Iron Banner next week.

Posiedan_sl

shitlord
TLW is great for PVP once you get used to the recoil. Heck, its even good in close fights PVE. But, Thorn actually has the same rate of fire as TLW (on paper, anyways) and lots better range. In reality, all hand cannons perform very close to the other in PvP. Most will average a 3 to 4 shot kill rate regardless if its Exotic or Rare. Besides, I find myself watching the animation of TLW as it fires and not aiming too many times to count (unless you count my death rate). So, I use Thorn. Its ping is satisfying and I love making things bleed (poison to be exact)!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, nothing beats thorn in PvP IMO for an all around hand cannon. TLW might beat me in a close quarters encounter because of the rate of fire, but overall the thorn is definitely my choice for PvP. The range on it is fucking incredible, you can snipe headshots across some maps with the thing. Last iron banner I was sniping dudes using sniper rifles on that venus map, it was hilarious, just aim for the glint. It just has to be rage inducing the amount of post-mortem deaths I get with the thing. Plus the thorn is not to shabby in regular PvE play as well although too bad its an exotic which the slot is used up by my gjallerhorn in PvE play.

In PvE I really like my Gellions Demise scout that dropped for me last IB, its the 331 version with firefly and quick reload. Its one of the slower harder hitting scouts that explodes heads. Its no fatebrinnger, but Im just unlucky and never got that to drop for me yet. I used the 300 version of Gellions Demise exclusively when I got it from one of the IB before the expansion so it was a nice treat to get it last time around.

Im looking forward to see what they will offer this time around in IB when it comes back the 13th. Plus they should be using the new maps which will change shit up a bit, im hoping this time around. So save your glimmer. Most of those IB guns are pretty damn good. That sniper they had last time is a beast. Although the auto rifle kind of sucked. But many people complained on reddit about the rewards and got a response from bungie so maybe this time around well get some cool shit, maybe even some 36 light gear.

Eatbeast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll have to give Thorn a shot, just finished the quest for the 331 version. Never did level up the 300 version.

Eatbeast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Speaking of PvP, has anyone purchased the Saterienne Rapier scout rifle from the crucible vendor? It has the same perks as the Fatebringer and is 331, short clip though. Wondering if it's worth grinding out the marks for.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Speaking of PvP, has anyone purchased the Saterienne Rapier scout rifle from the crucible vendor? It has the same perks as the Fatebringer and is 331, short clip though. Wondering if it's worth grinding out the marks for.
Yes, its the one that everyone raves about post Crota DLC. That and the Vanquisher VIII AR from New Monarchy. I got one of those Sateriene to drop for me with quick reload perk but no fiefly. Its rate of fire is quicker than the Gellions Demise, but less impact.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll be looking to do the nightfall and atheon this weekend if anyone is still working on it. Just haven't had time this week to do anything but crota cheese.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've got the Saterienne's Rapier, Gheleon's, Fatebringer, Thorn, and TLW. For PVP I basically exclusively use Thorn unless I'm using Gjallahorn for funsies or bounties.

Saterienne is a 4 shot to the head but has nearly 0 recoil. It does have a weird 'bullet drop' at far range. I use it for PVE more than PVP.
Gheleon's Demise depends on rolls. It's a 3 shot to the head but unless you got some stability perks it has a bit of jump between shots. Otherwise it's superior to Saterienne for PVP.
Fatebringer is okay, but honestly it's not any different than any other legendary pistol. Good range/stability. Firefly is nice especially with outlaw, but Thorn or TLW will beat it out for headshots. It's amazing for PVE though, especially against thralls.
TLW is a fun gun. Literally. It's almost the pistol equivalent of a fusion rifle/shotgun. You just run around firing as fast as you can when you see people. You can hold the trigger down in fact. Still terrible at range.
Thorn is my favorite. It has almost max range with send it and I'm not sure I've ever seen damage drop off except firing from B to the C sniper spot on Shores of Time. The two headshots for 81 dmg and the dot doing a guaranteed 42 damage = two shot kill. It's got pretty good stability and you can just fire it at close range 3 times and kill some one because between the 54ish damage 3x and for 162dmg, the dot will finish them. And odds are you'll get one headshot in there for 81 damage.

IB starts up Tuesday and I'm hoping for a 331 Gheleon's I can roll with outlaw, stability, and third eye for pvp. If you have an efrideets it's pretty OP to roll with a 'last round' perk because it makes the last bullet a one shot body kill. I'm also still waiting for a good Timur's lash, but honestly I might just get lucky with a good blue/random legendary because pistols are largely the same for pvp once stability/range hit a point.

Eatbeast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've got the Saterienne's Rapier, Gheleon's, Fatebringer, Thorn, and TLW. For PVP I basically exclusively use Thorn unless I'm using Gjallahorn for funsies or bounties.

Saterienne is a 4 shot to the head but has nearly 0 recoil. It does have a weird 'bullet drop' at far range. I use it for PVE more than PVP.
Gheleon's Demise depends on rolls. It's a 3 shot to the head but unless you got some stability perks it has a bit of jump between shots. Otherwise it's superior to Saterienne for PVP.
Fatebringer is okay, but honestly it's not any different than any other legendary pistol. Good range/stability. Firefly is nice especially with outlaw, but Thorn or TLW will beat it out for headshots. It's amazing for PVE though, especially against thralls.
TLW is a fun gun. Literally. It's almost the pistol equivalent of a fusion rifle/shotgun. You just run around firing as fast as you can when you see people. You can hold the trigger down in fact. Still terrible at range.
Thorn is my favorite. It has almost max range with send it and I'm not sure I've ever seen damage drop off except firing from B to the C sniper spot on Shores of Time. The two headshots for 81 dmg and the dot doing a guaranteed 42 damage = two shot kill. It's got pretty good stability and you can just fire it at close range 3 times and kill some one because between the 54ish damage 3x and for 162dmg, the dot will finish them. And odds are you'll get one headshot in there for 81 damage.

IB starts up Tuesday and I'm hoping for a 331 Gheleon's I can roll with outlaw, stability, and third eye for pvp. If you have an efrideets it's pretty OP to roll with a 'last round' perk because it makes the last bullet a one shot body kill. I'm also still waiting for a good Timur's lash, but honestly I might just get lucky with a good blue/random legendary because pistols are largely the same for pvp once stability/range hit a point.
Thanks for the input. I mostly play PvE, and I run with the fatebringer almost all of the time. Sometimes VoC or Vex for fun. Both of my characters are geared for handcannons. I was wondering if trying to find a 331 primary would be worth it for HM Crota, but it seems like fatebringer still gets me more kills than fireteam members who are using new 331 guns. Will probably get the saterienne anyway just for something to do.

In a few weeks the new HM primaries will most likely replace everything anyway (in PvE).

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, the new primaries will be best for PVE just because of the primary element. That's just unbelievably good. The new void pistol is going to be awesome. Fuck psions and minotaurs. Annoying as fuck.

Just noticed destiny tracker links up people's account videos too. Can probably browse top level players for some good videos.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sarthis, I plan on cheesing Crota a few times at the 3am mark before the update hits. Sarthek, wife wants to do hard mode atheon this weekend again too. If I don't see you around we'll at least save the chest checkpoint.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sarthis, I plan on cheesing Crota a few times at the 3am mark before the update hits. Sarthek, wife wants to do hard mode atheon this weekend again too. If I don't see you around we'll at least save the chest checkpoint.
I'l try to be on in an hour or so to do Atheon, Nightfalls, whatever. Thanks man

spronk

FPS noob
took about 3 hours of tries but i finally got flawless raider trophy solo, in crota. the deathsinger is the hardest part really, although gallahorn is pretty OP against her and crota. now i just need the two clan trophies!

definitely worth trying before tuesday if you care about trophies since you can cheese the first and second part pretty easy right now, hardest really is the shrieker corridor and deathsinger - lotta deaths on those.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nice! Next they will add invis walls to all of the ledges...
Yeh man I feel Invis walls would solve so many of the environmental exploits that are utilized to breeze through their level design. Part of me wonders if it's intentional on their part though. It's such an easy widget to implement that they must have a philosophy regarding invis walls - i.e. little to none if possible. If so, I do commend them for that. I mean, with all these exploits you can still do every encounter legit, and part of what made Vanilla WoW's raids so epic was the illusory freedom. There were no walled encounters in Molten Core, no gates, no ports to a different room.............until players started utilizing that free environment against the encounters and you saw a stark change in BWL, transitioning to a raid that had them in EVERY encounter. I remember we would have warlocks and druids lava trout/Wall-sploit all the way to Sulfuron's area and skip trash for much of the instance....just like we're doing now.

I think it's obvious that they're trying to avoid Invis walls, but it's going to create some inventive level/encounter design to combat this, or a rework of their philosophy and inevitably implement more of them.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I hope they leave things open. Half of the fun is finding ways to do events an easier way. I agree that some of it seems intentional. Take the dlc Rasputin mission where his chamber is suspended above the middle of the room. You can get on top of his chamber and kill everything safely from above. Nothing shoots back. Exploit right? Well not really. ..there is a dead ghost up there to collect. So standing up on top and shooting below had to be intended or at least anticipated by bungie.