Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm fairly happy with the loot system as it currently works in the game, though I do think they need to devise some kind of trading system with clan/friends/something.

But I did have an idea for trying to get a specific legendary. There should be an item, lets call it a Morphic Tablet, that drops very rarely and can also be crafted with 50 Forgotten Souls + some other mats. And this Morphic Tablet could be consumed and pop up the old search dropdown from the AH and let you select any Legendary/Set Item in the game and roll 1 of that item. No guarantee that it would be a good one, but you'd at least get the item you need.
I was thinking of pretty much the same thing. They could add another enchant that costs something like hundreds of death's breaths that would let you choose from a list of special abilities to put on all the leg items you can craft that have no specials on them. I want to see a use put to all these extra mats I have building up.

There is still a lot of potential with what Blizz can do with crafting and special abilities on items.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I have to think a lot of stuff like that is coming at some point. Being able to buy either legendary plans or their components with deaths breaths/forgotten souls would seem to make sense.

Would love to pawn unused legendary mats for a token and use x tokens + breaths to buy other mats or maybe a plan.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
They definitely need a system where you get plans for legendaries faster, the number of mats sitting in my stash with no use keeps going up. On the other hand, I like the current system where nobody can tell you: "Go farm 50 legendaries and buy item x y and z for the optimal build."

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
After that it's "Go farm 1500 legendaries and hope you get better rolls on items x y and z" oh my

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Problem is there is shit all to do once you get the legendaries you want except farm the same legendaries with perhaps a slightly better roll. If they made it possible to 100% get what you wanted if you poopsock long enough they destroy the point.

I think D3 would benefit from a true Deep Dungeon that gets progressively harder as you descend. Publish the leader board for who has gotten deepest so far. Every week person in 1st place gets a like a 50 dollar gift certificate to Red Lobster all the way down to the pity party people who managed to get to at least floor 50 (which involves killing a T2 Malth and Diablo at the same time or some shit) get a legendary of their choice.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I've been in a lot of rifts that I wish kept going. Reset the threat meter and let me keep going and spawn another boss. If not using rift tokens is a concern then make us use a token to go to the next level of each. Pair this with the progressively harder (more rewarding too plz) idea above and it could be a lot of fun.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Problem is there is shit all to do once you get the legendaries you want except farm the same legendaries with perhaps a slightly better roll. If they made it possible to 100% get what you wanted if you poopsock long enough they destroy the point.

I think D3 would benefit from a true Deep Dungeon that gets progressively harder as you descend. Publish the leader board for who has gotten deepest so far. Every week person in 1st place gets a like a 50 dollar gift certificate to Red Lobster all the way down to the pity party people who managed to get to at least floor 50 (which involves killing a T2 Malth and Diablo at the same time or some shit) get a legendary of their choice.
They already announced something like that for 2.1.

I like that you should change your build based on what items you get if you want to get the most out of them, but then again I haven't played that much compared to most people here, so I'm certainly not sporting legendary/set in every slot.

penalty_sl

shitlord
When I first heard of the rift system I thought thats how it would work. Really hope they decide to do something like this.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Should let you roll 3 affixes on legendaries. First slot costs you 1 Forgotten Soul per, 2nd costs you 2 per, 3rd costs you 3 per. Done and done.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Should let you roll 3 affixes on legendaries. First slot costs you 1 Forgotten Soul per, 2nd costs you 2 per, 3rd costs you 3 per. Done and done.
It is fine the way it is. There is no way they should allow three slots.

They should just move to the D2 system where the type of stats are set in stone and it it's just a matter of how high you rolled the stats. That way you might have a shitty roll but the item is still useful, unlike now where the bis legendary might drop but be useless because too many useless types of stats are rolled.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It is fine the way it is. There is no way they should allow three slots.

They should just move to the D2 system where the type of stats are set in stone and it it's just a matter of how high you rolled the stats. That way you might have a shitty roll but the item is still useful, unlike now where the bis legendary might drop but be useless because too many useless types of stats are rolled.
They do this with some legendaries such as Thunderfury rolling dex and a primary stat. Honestly every fucking weapon should just roll that guaranteed if they don't remove socketing altogether for weapons. According to their game guide a bunch of legendaries, the crafted at least, were supposed to pre-roll the 'meat' stats like Pender's Grasp gloves rolling 8%+ crit by default and boost rolling movement speed. Guess they opted for more RNG with their RNG for live.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Well, you already have Gryf+jekan, and you're not on hardcore, so all you have to do is up your damage. Get bracers with +holy instead of the AR, get a better ring than the zodiac - one with Str as well as crit & crit dmg, and then i would change out 2 pieces of blackthornes with a different set, akkhan if possible for the 500 str, or hellcat waistguard + firewalkers.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Well, you already have Gryf+jekan, and you're not on hardcore, so all you have to do is up your damage. Get bracers with +holy instead of the AR, get a better ring than the zodiac - one with Str as well as crit & crit dmg, and then i would change out 2 pieces of blackthornes with a different set, akkhan if possible for the 500 str, or hellcat waistguard + firewalkers.
Haven't seen a sniff of Akkhan. But will break the 4 piece soon as I can. I have seen nothing but crap ring drops.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Mobs have too much fucking health beyond T3. The game slows down so much, and you become capable of surviving content long before you're able to clear it at an acceptable pace. It's not even difficult, it just makes it not worth doing.