Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Capping mob damage instead of just slowing the scaling would go a long way to making grouping actually fun. No one should be relegated to bitch duty in a group, who actually has fun doing that in an ARPG?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I hit 411 doing a GR80 but would jump another 100 spots if I could squeeze out a GR81 but that really is the point where I would need to push for P800 + gem augments. Aside from the wand I just got there's no drop I got that would be considered top tier and couldn't upgrade without insane luck and this season wizards are in the boat where solo wiz shares literally none of the same items with group wiz so you would need to prioritize your augments.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
The last pages mentioned going cold with UE, why is that? Fire used to be the go-to for a few seasons. I haven't followed this season really but plan to start a DH once I wrap up my goal in the PoE league.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Cold was better for farming TX last season, cause it applies bane of the trapped without using a passive and you didn't really need cindercoat with perma vengeance hatred regen. Fire has higher damage output though so for GRs fire was better as a result. Got better when they changed the cold rune to not suck(it applies chilled and gives more crit, instead of whatever it was before, I think short range pbaoe?)

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I honestly don't understand it. If you change to Bat from Wolf, you never run out of hatred if you are having hatred issues. The 150% damage from wolf is 100% not needed in TX unless you are going super low damage to get some odd farming things equipped. My gear isn't fantastic or anything and I 1 shot most mobs and two shot yellows and blues without Wolf buff up.

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That's exactly why, though. Farming TX efficiently means dropping Witching Hour for Goldwrap, two dps gems for Hoarder and Wreath, cubed CoE for Avarice, and at least one dps passive for Hot Pursuit. That's signficant dps lost to movement speed, so you need to keep everything else you possibly can if you want to still 1-2 shot everything.

Cold also applies bonus dmg from Cull the Weak (which replaces Ballistics) on the first shot, whereas fire requires Thrill of the Hunt to apply it at all, and even then only on the second+ hit. It's much harder to gear for, mainly due to having to find a perfect cold SoJ, but the build does more damage than the fire version with even faster movement. [For TX farming only, fire is still better for GRs as Pyros said.]

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I tried out the HT Garg build on my non seasonal WD and wow that is funny. Just a stomp-train with mobs exploding in its wake. I may have to do WD as my second seasonal character.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
What's the best way to go about getting ancient set pieces? You can't get them by converting set items, and I don't know if you could find them by upgrading an legend in the cube, but that would get real pricey real fast. Any suggestions?

Also I'm always looking for someone to grind with! Playing a monk this season. Currently at ~500 paragon. Volto#1506

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Kill shit, pick up loot.

Rare upgrade and legendary reroll have the same chance of being ancient as any drop. So does gambling. Rare set pieces are THAT important though. Just weapons.

Vorph

Kadala is the obvious way because it takes very little time in a season to get to the point where you really have nothing to spend shards on, but you can also keep a spare set item and reroll it in the cube. 10% chance for it to be ancient, plus it could end up a better non-ancient than what you're wearing.

That said, I spent ~20k shards on gloves alone and never got ancient ones, and then just randomly got them as a drop. I'm at 5/6 ancient and correctly-rolled UE now and the only piece I got from her was the pants.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Over 80% of my shards this season have gone toward Orbs, and the only ancient Orb of Infinite Depths I got was 4% with no crit and no arcane power. Acquiring a full set of properly affixed ancient gear is entirely about luck and perseverance.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
When I went hard a couple of seasons ago I got most of my ancient set pieces from kadala, well maybe 3 from kadala and looted 3. I wouldn't bother rerolling a set piece as unless you hit the lotto with your weapon you probably want to spend as many materials as possible rerolling it.

Vorph

Yeah, I assumed that anyone asking about set ancients already took care of their weapon and offhand. I've never bothered with rerolls for a weapon anyway though, I've always just done rare upgrades until I get it.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Set dungeons are soul draining. I got the UE one done, which ironically was very difficult due to the RNG of mob mix and placement. I thought the whole point of set dungeons is that they are static, so you play repeatedly and figure out a strat that works. Well that one definitely isn't. Dafuq?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Aside from from the obvious 3 level 65 gems, what are the easiest 2 conquests out of the remaining 4 for barbs?

Vorph

350 kills should be trivial for just about everyone. Even if you can't solo it, worst case you reset games until you get the Cursed Peat bounty to pop and ask a DH or whatever to do it for you. Or just the Conquests community and get 4 people resetting games at once to speed it up.

And unless you're grouping to get your 3x65 gems or you enjoy gambling at 60% or less to upgrade them, it should be relatively easy to go up one more GR and hit the GR75 solo conquest. If you group to level gems and GR75 solo isn't realistic, then TX in 2 minutes is extremely easy in a group as well.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
All my characters got deleted, fml.

Starting over without the free set sucks pretty bad, managed to get some pieces together on a barb but can't do anything past t3.

Getting bored with the season, used this opportunity to try out all the classes and everything just feels clunky as fuck.