Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
theory going around that level cap is going to get reduced to 60 with paragons being their own rank

can't think of any game that has done something like that.

I'm guessing this response is to Season 4 data where it was made easier than ever to hit 100, and again, the data showed most people are not reaching 100.

That's the only way I see a kneejerk NGE type of change coming out of left field. People still aren't playing enough to reach 100 but they don't know how to address the root cause of that with more fun and Season 4 was already their "best Diablo 4" product to date, officially going gold 1 year after release. So we get a level cap change instead.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'm guessing this response is to Season 4 data where it was made easier than ever to hit 100, and again, the data showed most people are not reaching 100.

That's the only way I see a kneejerk NGE type of change coming out of left field. People still aren't playing enough to reach 100 but they don't know how to address the root cause of that with more fun and Season 4 was already their "best Diablo 4" product to date, officially going gold 1 year after release. So we get a level cap change instead.

Impossible to fix. Grinding beyond 50 for paragon nodes is lame and gay, gayer than 8 dudes blowing 9 dudes.

Also even with loot 2.0 its uninspired dogshit trash, the aspect system will never be fun loot will never be interesting and grinding brick walls for +gooder ancient shitforged double decker taco supreme items will never be fun. You will never get the excitement of a D2 or POE drop in dibbles 4.

They should focus less on how some tranny dyke can play 6 minutes a day from her couch and more on making a real game, maybe even put Diablo in the fucking thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Even D3 had more dopamine with those power spikes-- as cheap as it was for fun.

D4 doesn't have any of that feeling of big power jumps. Sure some builds come together when you get certain drops, but by the time you get the build online you are already getting bored and looking to quit soon. That doesn't really qualify as a power spike. And when you get the build-defining item in D4 (and only select builds and classes even have these) it doesn't hit the same as a D3 power spike, making replay value pretty stale when a seasonal reset happens. There's just a lack of dopamine compared to Diablo 2 and 3.

D4 is drawn out and cockdraggingly unfun compared to previous Diablo iterations. That's why people don't hit level 100.

• 1Truth!

Goatface

realized other than logging in to get the free cosmetic not played in over 6 weeks. anyway, campfire thursday and supposedly going to have big changes to Infernal Hordes. i thought the guy said those changes wouldn't show up to mid season.

1722276738724.png

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
realized other than logging in to get the free cosmetic not played in over 6 weeks. anyway, campfire thursday and supposedly going to have big changes to Infernal Hordes. i thought the guy said those changes wouldn't show up to mid season.

View attachment 538874

There will never be big changes until the dykes, fags, trannies, fatties, and shitlibs are fired.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
There will never be big changes until the dykes, fags, trannies, fatties, and shitlibs are fired.
But then the only people who would be left would be two Asian guys who do all the programming that don't speak English.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
But then the only people who would be left would be two Asian guys who do all the programming that don't speak English.

Don't forget about the outsourced team in China that gets paid to reskin existing assets from D3. That's at least 4 people.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Sure the Diablo 4 characters will end up looking like this but that's a big improvement over what we currently have.

unitysocial%203-1920x1080-0a2aff2cbe68fab708a6355a3a201e2d.png

maxresdefault.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 2Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

still looks like a pass

I just wrote this wall of text and then deleted it. I redesigned everything that "is" a hell tide to make them more interesting and cool. From top to bottom, with Demon NPC factions that invade each other, with each faction dropping specific cosmetics and equipment. To win and fail conditions of a Hell Diver's 2 type of campaign with the Hell Tides, etc. But its whatever, and just feels more annoying that I can come up with better shit in a handful of minutes than the fucking DESIGNER's of the game can.

The Rogue-Like features in the new Infernal Dungeons seem boring and lack luster. They should remove any mention of the currency from the powers and just add stronger Ying and Yang properties to each one. The currency reward being based on your kill rate, or some other easily trackable way. Throw some boss mobs in there while the other demons are still spawning etc. The "Council" or whatever will be novel the first half dozen times, but this sounds like something you'll run 100+ times.

World of Warcraft's Delves are being added. I guess they felt like the game needed a dungeon thats in between the length of a Cellar and a Dungeon (which is kind of true) - just hope its more to them than what the Cellar's generally reward.

They're adding "sounds" to certain uniques and legendaries, which I'll give them props for doing. The Spriest Legendary weapon from Legion was always talking shit and making the odd sound and I really enjoyed something that.. for what its worth is a relatively brain dead feature. I also like that they're adding a couple more trash NPC's to the mix as Diablo 4, although its not New World levels of repetition, its still pretty bad. I think their idea is to make the bosses stand out that much more, but hell.. whenever I actually buy the expansion, I'll appreciate the new "diversity" hires I can kill.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I just wrote this wall of text and then deleted it. I redesigned everything that "is" a hell tide to make them more interesting and cool. From top to bottom, with Demon NPC factions that invade each other, with each faction dropping specific cosmetics and equipment. To win and fail conditions of a Hell Diver's 2 type of campaign with the Hell Tides, etc. But its whatever, and just feels more annoying that I can come up with better shit in a handful of minutes than the fucking DESIGNER's of the game can.

The Rogue-Like features in the new Infernal Dungeons seem boring and lack luster. They should remove any mention of the currency from the powers and just add stronger Ying and Yang properties to each one. The currency reward being based on your kill rate, or some other easily trackable way. Throw some boss mobs in there while the other demons are still spawning etc. The "Council" or whatever will be novel the first half dozen times, but this sounds like something you'll run 100+ times.

World of Warcraft's Delves are being added. I guess they felt like the game needed a dungeon thats in between the length of a Cellar and a Dungeon (which is kind of true) - just hope its more to them than what the Cellar's generally reward.

They're adding "sounds" to certain uniques and legendaries, which I'll give them props for doing. The Spriest Legendary weapon from Legion was always talking shit and making the odd sound and I really enjoyed something that.. for what its worth is a relatively brain dead feature. I also like that they're adding a couple more trash NPC's to the mix as Diablo 4, although its not New World levels of repetition, its still pretty bad. I think their idea is to make the bosses stand out that much more, but hell.. whenever I actually buy the expansion, I'll appreciate the new "diversity" hires I can kill.

Worse is that they didn't come up with an original design idea-- just borrowed bits from an existing Diablo (Immortal).

The "roguelike features" were pilfered from a mobile game.

Uninspired. And the existing roguelike is more fun in Immortal than it looks like it will be in D4. Another L.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
To this day I still can’t play the druid because the model is fat. Is that weird? Oh well.

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
Sure the Diablo 4 characters will end up looking like this but that's a big improvement over what we currently have.

unitysocial%203-1920x1080-0a2aff2cbe68fab708a6355a3a201e2d.png

maxresdefault.jpg
The weird thing is that they are on the surface all about diversity but everyone wears the same drab grey rags.

The OG lore drew from lots of different cultures, no reason why the mage factions can't have far eastern clothing like that... unless you want to sell it for microtransactions :/

Daidraco

The weird thing is that they are on the surface all about diversity but everyone wears the same drab grey rags.

The OG lore drew from lots of different cultures, no reason why the mage factions can't have far eastern clothing like that... unless you want to sell it for microtransactions :/
I always got the vibe that the Mage, at least the male version, was some arab/persian type shit. The female variant looks the same, but I feel like her cosmetics tend to make her look like a Gypsy instead.

The Druid though? Male or Female, both of them look like they are bush men. Like that big burly motherfucker you would meet in the middle of the Canadian or Alaskan snow-front.

• 1Like

Goatface

I always got the vibe that the Mage, at least the male version, was some arab/persian type shit. The female variant looks the same, but I feel like her cosmetics tend to make her look like a Gypsy instead.

The Druid though? Male or Female, both of them look like they are bush men. Like that big burly motherfucker you would meet in the middle of the Canadian or Alaskan snow-front.
1722433452608.png

don't recall any other fantasy druids with a gut. it would seem to be in contrast to most concepts of being harmonious with nature. guess that was back when being fat was considered greedy.

• 1Like

Daidraco

View attachment 539118
don't recall any other fantasy druids with a gut. it would seem to be in contrast to most concepts of being harmonious with nature. guess that was back when being fat was considered greedy.
Which, in all honesty, makes me afraid for what their "interpretation" of a Paladin will be. I'm "hoping" that it turns out like Homelander from the Boyz. In that, they try to manipulate the Paladin into something that they "think" the majority of the player base will begrudgingly play. But instead, it ends up pandering directly to what the majority want from the class.

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
View attachment 539118
The skin tone options mean that they couldn't turn the gingers black, so they did body positivity instead.

• 1Like

Heian

Molten Core Raider

I was hyped to play the druid since it was my favorite class in D2. D4 was ok fun but I don't like my character at all mainly because of the look.

• 1Like