Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Why can't we get PoE gameplay and depth with Diablo IV combat and graphics?

:(

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
PoE 2 will at least have the graphics. Combat... eh

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Because that takes a ton of work and caters to user bases with little overlap. Even in this forum, it took GGG releasing Settlers of Farmville to encourage significant crossposting between the games' respective threads.

Goatface

not playing this season, but checked out couple of streamers, after 5 hours, rob in group is 94 , wudijo solo is 80.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
PoE has ~6 breadcrum quests per act which are the basic "go here", "kill that", "loot this" type to get you through the main zones. Same as Diablo 2.

You should think of all the league content as quests, when you do a Vaal ruin or the Labyrinth or a mine Delve or the Blight tower defence etc etc

Diablo 4 has hundreds of those breadcrumb quests but they forgot the purpose was to be a breadcrum so they go nowhere and are fucking tedious.

It's been a while since I've played PoE.....is the main storyline still unskippable? Like every league you have to go through all the Acts again? I remember it being extremely tedious.

At least in D4 you can skip the entire campaign. Imagine what a shitshow D4 would be if every game you had to go through all the main story quests again.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Why can't we get PoE gameplay and depth with Diablo IV combat and graphics?

:(
I have not played D4 since launch but I remember the combat being shit. All or most of the classes were tied up in build up and release type combat which got really old really fast. As to the skipping the story? To do what exactly? Farm the same FOTM dungeon over and over again, or some random event over and over to level? Whats the fucking difference?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I have not played D4 since launch but I remember the combat being shit. All or most of the classes were tied up in build up and release type combat which got really old really fast. As to the skipping the story? To do what exactly? Farm the same FOTM dungeon over and over again, or some random event over and over to level? Whats the fucking difference?

Uh did I mention skipping the story? I’m confused.

My only observation is that melee combat in PoE is clunky and awkward and it makes me not want to play.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I was referring to Mizake post above mine, but didnt quote it. As to the combat, I mean you do you bro, you have your D4, lol. But as I remember it after playing a Barb and a Druid to damn near 100, it was shit. Like do you mean the animations or some shit? Or the overall combat? Because the build up, build up, with a shit skill to then finally use a cool skill kinda sucked. That is, speaking on D4 release combat, not sure if they changed it or not, but I doubt it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I was referring to Mizake post above mine, but didnt quote it. As to the combat, I mean you do you bro, you have your D4, lol. But as I remember it after playing a Barb and a Druid to damn near 100, it was shit. Like do you mean the animations or some shit? Or the overall combat? Because the build up, build up, with a shit skill to then finally use a cool skill kinda sucked. That is, speaking on D4 release combat, not sure if they changed it or not, but I doubt it.

Getting close enough to hit stuff in PoE feels super clunky. To the point that all I can do it take ranged attacks to the face and get nuked by mages.

I think it might actually be more to do with “movement” than actual combat. But as a level 5 movement is basically my main combat experience.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
POE is just set up different than D4. Most melee skills in POE are ranged, and the more you level them and yourself with the skill tree they get more AoE. So even some of the up close melee skills get more and more AoE, clearing entire packs of mobs with just one or two swings. So its comparing apples to oranges.

Good example of a close up melee skill in PoE which is leveled up with a leveled character.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Getting close enough to hit stuff in PoE feels super clunky. To the point that all I can do it take ranged attacks to the face and get nuked by mages.

I think it might actually be more to do with “movement” than actual combat. But as a level 5 movement is basically my main combat experience.
They just fixed that this league, and there's always +melee range stuff.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wanted to check out S5 and just play it casually on the Steam Deck but it seems to be crashing the Steam Deck real bad. It reboots after a few minutes. Used to work perfectly before.

Anyone else on SD? I do use the Blizzard launcher. Not sure if the Steam version is different.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Did my first infernal horde. Was fine. Loot felt really light for all the shit I killed over 6 waves, including a flaming butcher. Tinkering with the season a little, figure i'll burn out the content before the wow expansion launches or my adhd sends me elsewhere.

Aazrael

While I like the changes they made for the loot stuff theres one thing I dont understand, why make the yellow drops so bad? They always have one less stat so it will never be an upgrade over a Legendary. Unless I am missing something.

Also leveling seems pointless now, hardly killed any mobs and allready 28.

Diablo will always be my guilty pleasure that I return to but damn they made it so bland. Probably feel like this due having no-lifed PoE for a week. PoE's exp is too much on the other hand and exp loss fucking sucks and makes me rage quit.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
While I like the changes they made for the loot stuff theres one thing I dont understand, why make the yellow drops so bad? They always have one less stat so it will never be an upgrade over a Legendary. Unless I am missing something.

Also leveling seems pointless now, hardly killed any mobs and allready 28.

Diablo will always be my guilty pleasure that I return to but damn they made it so bland. Probably feel like this due having no-lifed PoE for a week. PoE's exp is too much on the other hand and exp loss fucking sucks and makes me rage quit.
Pick an arbitrary level as your level cap, get to that level, then do the hard content. Exp loss only matters when you have a realistic chance of reaching that next level.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider

What's with the strawman argument? I'm not talking about combat systems.

Chris made a post that implied that quests were better implemented in PoE than D4.

My point was that in these types of seasonal ARPG games, quests are superfluous. No one plays them for the quests. Don't tell me it's fun going through all the Acts in PoE, no matter how great the gameplay might be.

So what is "the fucking difference"? In one game you can skip all the quests you've grown tired of, and in the other, I'm guessing you still can't. As for which game has the better combat system, that of course is subjective. I actually really liked PoE, but the systems were way too byzantine for me to enjoy. I want to log in and kill and loot stuff, I don't want to spend time offline reading about builds just so I can play the game. In D4, you can be suboptimal and still get pretty far, in PoE if you just blindly implemented skills you would hit a wall early.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
What's with the strawman argument? I'm not talking about combat systems.

Chris made a post that implied that quests were better implemented in PoE than D4.

My point was that in these types of seasonal ARPG games, quests are superfluous. No one plays them for the quests. Don't tell me it's fun going through all the Acts in PoE, no matter how great the gameplay might be.

So what is "the fucking difference"? In one game you can skip all the quests you've grown tired of, and in the other, I'm guessing you still can't. As for which game has the better combat system, that of course is subjective. I actually really liked PoE, but the systems were way too byzantine for me to enjoy. I want to log in and kill and loot stuff, I don't want to spend time offline reading about builds just so I can play the game. In D4, you can be suboptimal and still get pretty far, in PoE if you just blindly implemented skills you would hit a wall early.
I agree as someone who isn't experienced enough to finish the campaign of POE in sub 5 hours, it isnt a deal-breaker, but it would be nice if you could opt out of the campaign.

For me the problem is more that builds don't feel great until around halfway through so Acts 1-5 are brutal, though I also think a lot of that is on me.

Aazrael

Installed the Beta firmware on the Steam Deck and the game seems payable again on the SD.

D4 fit quite nice to play on the Steam Deck. Running at 40fps and the Controller works great.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Gave the new season a go, I really like the new activity they added. The one last season didn't feel very good or very rewarding, this one is like a personal Season of Blood instance with some roguelike elements. Very nice.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Gave the new season a go, I really like the new activity they added. The one last season didn't feel very good or very rewarding, this one is like a personal Season of Blood instance with some roguelike elements. Very nice.

The only positive review I’ve seen 😂