Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Goatface

didn't watch the campfire chat, just the shortest recap i saw, which was raxx. going by him, lots of cool item changes, couple neat season things, but still not much of a challenging end game

Sevens

Log Wizard
Which, in all honesty, makes me afraid for what their "interpretation" of a Paladin will be. I'm "hoping" that it turns out like Homelander from the Boyz. In that, they try to manipulate the Paladin into something that they "think" the majority of the player base will begrudgingly play. But instead, it ends up pandering directly to what the majority want from the class.
Just released, Diablo 4 character model for their future Paladin class (Male and Female)

c-1000-designbundle-fat-man-donut-31-03-a837e3b60b16921fdd4215a81761df0f5e2a9443923dbc406f04dd...jpg

14847722_medium.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I wanted to come back to this game but they REALLY don't make it easy. Had fun for a bit but the game is super shallow and I don't think the masterworking / whatever really did much to change that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I wanted to come back to this game but they REALLY don't make it easy. Had fun for a bit but the game is super shallow and I don't think the masterworking / whatever really did much to change that.

Agreed. For this game to be out so long and the combat to be so clean, they do shockingly little between each season.

Fighting the same shit the same way got old after the one-thousandth time.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They should have at least made the base stats incredibly powerful. So "if" you wanted to, you could go 100% into a left click build.

Sometimes I think theyre so preoccupied with "balance" and similar "what if" scenario's, that they completely forget that the game is all about finding a build.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Sometimes I think theyre so preoccupied with "balance" and similar "what if" scenario's, that they completely forget that the game is all about finding a build.
This sounds like what has been wrong with games for decades. Devs (and players) get obsessed with “what’s fair” or “balance” and forget games are supposed to be fun.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That makes sense. I watched that video posted yesterday or so, and my very first thought was man it moves like a monk that has like a buildup deal, why aren't they making a monk class?
It could be that the team wants to make something they can call their "own", you know, how most millennial devs are, even if it's based on something previously done. Plus, the D3 Monk is too white.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
At least they found a good name for it. 🤷
Would have been better if it had a mind of its own, and couldn't be unequipped. Insert some lengthy quest to purge the curse and it turns into something decent (ala hellfire amulets in d3)

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Would have been better if it had a mind of its own, and couldn't be unequipped. Insert some lengthy quest to purge the curse and it turns into something decent (ala hellfire amulets in d3)
That would be pretty cool, even better if their quests weren't just a bunch of running / looting something / running somewhere else, though I guess in an ARPG there really isnt much they can do for quests?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That would be pretty cool, even better if their quests weren't just a bunch of running / looting something / running somewhere else, though I guess in an ARPG there really isnt much they can do for quests?
What makes you say that? They can program everything to be an exact copy of Baldur's Gate 3 if they really wanted to. Just because these dev's have a lack of imagination, or a lack of budget, or both - doesnt mean that they "cant."

As it stands right now, theyre just using the seasons to complete the base game. Theyre throwing in some flair so its not obvious. But everything that they have added should have just been in the game from the start. Seasons should be these deep ass story lines with a battle pass attached to it that matches the "theme" of the story. Not some fetch quests that without the grind, would be done in 10-15 minutes at most.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
What makes you say that? They can program everything to be an exact copy of Baldur's Gate 3 if they really wanted to. Just because these dev's have a lack of imagination, or a lack of budget, or both - doesnt mean that they "cant."

As it stands right now, theyre just using the seasons to complete the base game. Theyre throwing in some flair so its not obvious. But everything that they have added should have just been in the game from the start. Seasons should be these deep ass story lines with a battle pass attached to it that matches the "theme" of the story. Not some fetch quests that without the grind, would be done in 10-15 minutes at most.
Yeah I guess, I just don't recall any quests even in POE being very interesting, more of a means to an end. I agree it could be done way better, think D4 needs to focus on more endgame shit to do before anything else though. Save that CGI money and put it towards keeping people playing the game.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah I guess, I just don't recall any quests even in POE being very interesting, more of a means to an end. I agree it could be done way better, think D4 needs to focus on more endgame shit to do before anything else though. Save that CGI money and put it towards keeping people playing the game.
PoE has ~6 breadcrum quests per act which are the basic "go here", "kill that", "loot this" type to get you through the main zones. Same as Diablo 2.

You should think of all the league content as quests, when you do a Vaal ruin or the Labyrinth or a mine Delve or the Blight tower defence etc etc

Diablo 4 has hundreds of those breadcrumb quests but they forgot the purpose was to be a breadcrum so they go nowhere and are fucking tedious.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Those were meant for renown, particularly when the dev team thought doing renown every season was going to be a thing. When people told them to fuck off with that and they listened they became meaningless except for the one time.